5 Best Garden Netting Review Guide For 2022-2023
5 Best Garden Netting Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Join the millions that have trusted ReportOutdoors.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Garden Netting that’s right for you.
Garden nettings are nets that keep pests away from the garden. Nettings protect the plant without disrupting the normal flow of air and sunlight needed for plant survival.
Gardening is a rewarding and fulfilling endeavor. You watch your plants grow from scratch to maturity before finally harvesting them.
The fulfillment that comes with completing these stages of gardening is unmatched. However, you encounter pests that want to make a meal out of the items in your garden just like you.
These unwanted visitors visit your garden as soon as the plants start to blossom and often leave a trail of destruction.
From crawling insects to flying birds and deers, many pests have their eyes on your garden. Garden nettings are your top bet to safeguard your plants.
Before buying, spend some of your valuable time and do your proper homework.
And if you are confused about where to start your research, don’t worry; we have got you covered.
You’ve come to the right spot because we’ve spared you the trouble of looking through tons of reviews and guidelines for finding the best garden netting to see our choices just keep reading our 5 Best Garden Netting Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Petidream Garden Netting – Best Overall
The Petidream garden netting offers protection to your plants against invading birds. It sends a message to birds that have been preying on your garden that there is no more free food. The net is made of polyethylene and can be easily cut to your desired size.
The netting’s diamond-shaped holes that measure 3/5 inch x 3/5leave enough space for air and sun rays to penetrate but not enough for birds to feed on your plants.
Depending on the size of your garden, you may select one of two sizes. You can either get the 13ft x 33ft or the 14ft x 45ft.
- Brand PetiDream
- Material Mesh
- Color Black
About this item:
- Protect Your Garden: PetiDream Economical lightweight Bird Netting is your ideal bird solution as an outdoor cover by draping over fruit trees, shrubs and other plants. Protect your fruit from pesky birds and other animals.
- Hassle-Free Bird Solution: It’s soft, easy to set, pack and cut to size. Hang over trees, gardens or even a pond to seal away birds and other critters from enclosed areas. It lasts for years on durable material and nearly no maintenance is required.
- Economical And Practical:The diamond aperture of the Net make itself to be more Economical.It’s effective everywhere when applied correctly. Buy now and find more fun in yourself.
- They Will Hate You:Not only birds. Critters of all sizes(squirrel,raccoon, rabbits etc.)will no longer be able to ruin and feast on your gardens produce with our durable net.
- Satisfaction Guarantee & Support: We only want to be the part of your success.Zero Risk.Love our bird net or your money back. We’re here 7 days a week to provide advice and answer questions.
- The garden netting is easy to install.
- The garden netting is budget-friendly.
- The netting does not straighten out easily.
Alphatool Garden Netting – Runner Up
This lightweight garden netting from Alphatool is your go-to net when insects and bugs start to disturb your garden.
The netting comes in a pack of two nets, with each piece measuring 9.8ft x 6.5 ft for a total of 19.6 ft x 6.5 ft. Alternatively, there are other sizes for larger gardens.
The netting has tiny mesh that keeps tiny insects away but with enough room for air and sun to reach the plants.
- Color: 9.8 X 6.5
- Package Dimensions 12.09 x 10.31 x 2.24 inches
- Item Weight 1.26 pounds
- Manufacturer Anphisn
About this item:
- Package Information: You will receive 1 pack of garden screen netting in the package. The size of out garden barrier netting is 9.8 ft x 6.5ft, which is suitable for greenhouse farm and large garden.
- Premium Material: Our mesh net plant cover is made of high quality PE material featuring sturdy and durable.
- High Permeability: The structure of garden netting is tiny reticulation, which allow water right through this netting, You plants will grow better.
- Adjustable Size: The garden screen netting can be cut into any sizes that you needed. Besides, you can see through it to observe the grown condition of your plants without opening it up.
- Warm Tips: Please check our product size carefully and read the product size descriptions before purchasing to avoid possible unpleasant shopping experience.
- The netting does not weigh down the plants.
- The netting is easy to use.
- When cut, the netting frays.
Feitore Garden Netting – Honorable Mention
The Feitore garden netting will save the day when you face pest problems on multiple fronts.
The Feitore garden netting keeps birds and animals like squirrels and deers at bay. The netting is made of polypropylene and measures 7 ft x 100 ft.
The netting comes with 50 pieces of cable ties and 10 pieces of nails for easy installation. The net has ¾ inch square meshes. Users can easily cut the net to size if it is too big without worrying about frayed ends.
- Brand Feitore
- Material Polypropylene
- Color Black
About this item:
- ❤ Size: Deer Netting and Fencing size 7 feet x 100 feet(2.1 x 30M); Garden netting mesh size 3/4″(1.9cm); Color: Black; BONUS FREE GIFT: 10pcs installation nails & 50pcs cable ties
- ❤ Durable & Reusable: Tough deer fence barrier netting is made from durable polypropylene(PP), lightweight yet heavy duty, It won’t tear easily, rust or rot like metal or wood, doesn’t tangle and reusable for longer protection; Can also used as bird netting, chicken netting, rabbit fence, pond & pool netting
- ❤ Safe & Economical: The 3/4 inch square mesh design of our deer fencing provides maximum protection for your garden plants, fruits, Arborvitae trees, berries and shrubs without harming birds and small animals or interfering with plant growth
- ❤ Easy to Install: Easy to use roll of anti bird deer protection netting, simply attach to stakes or posts(not included); Or you can cut it to any size you need with scissors to put it up around your vegetable garden or individual shrubs
- ❤ Enjoy Your Fruits: Don’t let birds, deer, dogs or other animals ruin your harvest and feast on your produce before you get a chance to; Ideal garden protective netting for tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, fig, cherry etc. Keep your crop peck-free this summer!
- The netting is durable.
- The netting does not tangle
- The netting is reusable.
- The garden netting is expensive.
De-Bird Garden Netting – Contender
The De-bird garden netting offers you a formidable net option when the need arises. For your heavy-duty garden netting needs, this net will rise to the occasion. You can drape it over your plants with frames or use it as a fence screen.
The netting is made of polypropylene and has a 3.5-inch mesh. The net is lightweight, and users can easily cut it to their desired size—the net measures 7.5 ft x 65 ft right out of the bag.
- Brand De-Bird
- Material Plastic
- Color Green
- Item Weight 2.59 Pounds
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 74 x 30 x 7 inches
About this item:
- Extra Strong Bird net garden mesh netting and deer fencing. Keep pest and birds away from your crop!
- Deer netting and fruit tree netting – 3/5 inch garden cover mesh that provides maximum protection.
- Garden net to protect fruit, trees, berries, flowers and vegetables – bird proof garden bed cover.
- Easy to use plant netting – garden netting plant cages to keep animals out and netting for plants.
- Fence for Garden protection from animals – don’t let birds, squirrels or deers ruin your harvest!
- It is resistant to UV rays.
- The netting is easy to install.
- The netting is not cheap
Faraer Garden Netting – Also Consider
This ultrafine garden mesh netting from Faraer is an all-weather netting that will weather various harsh weather conditions without a kink.
The net’s 0.8mm x 1mm mesh means air and sunlight can easily reach the plants while simultaneously keeping birds and other pests out.
The netting is made of polyethylene and measures 8ft x 24 ft. The net’s lightweight means it will not weigh down the plant if you choose to use it without frames and hoops.
- Size: 8′ x 24′
- Package Dimensions 12.91 x 11.46 x 3.62 inches
- Item Weight 12.6 ounces
- Manufacturer FARAER
About this item:
- 【Ultra-Fine Mesh Netting】Ultra Fine Garden Netting has a 0.8mm x 1mm ultra fine mesh, effective protect vegetable plants fruits flowers crops and so on.
- 【Air, Water & Light Through】Unique oblong hole construction creates a very fine protections for great results, and others while allowing air and moisture through so your plants stay healthy and well nourished. Even better, there is no need to remove it when watering or giving liquid feed, just apply directly through the mesh.
- 【All-Purpose Garden Netting】Garden netting covers are widely used in pastures, orchards and gardens, protect your veggie investment with this simple shelter, also used in doors and windows at home. Its fine mesh keeps tree leaves out even the smallest dust — but provides some respite from intense sun too.
- 【Stabilized & Durable】The garden netting made of high quality see-through mesh netting with PE stabilized and UV resistant environmental-friendly materials. Durable for long time use and can be reused year after year.
- 【Protect Plants Easily】Easy to use-You can put the netting covers over plants directly and then secure with stones, soil, or stakes, and it can be cut into any size as needed. Protect your plants, trees and shrubs such as peaches, cherries, grapes, tomato, etc.
- The netting is reusable.
- The garden net is resistant to UV rays.
- It is easy to install.
- The net is not easy to cut to size.
5 Best Garden Netting Buying Guide For 2022-2023
How To Find a High-Quality Garden Netting:
Garden nettings are deterrents that gardeners use to keep their plants safe from pests. If you are a first-time gardener, you need to understand that you are not the only one eyeing your produce.
There are others who do not participate in the cultivation but are willing to reap the harvest – pests. In our review of the best garden nettings, we introduced you to various quality nets for your garden.
The array of quality on display in the review may have you wondering how to pick the best netting.
This buying guide will help you through the selection process by showing you what to consider when buying a netting.
The guide explains the different types of garden nettings available. It also contains a frequently asked questions section where questions about garden nets and gardening are answered.
What are the Types of Garden Nettings?
Garden nets are categorized based on the type of pests they keep out. Based on this classification, we have the following types of nets for gardens:
Insect nettings come with fine mesh holes that ensure the normal flow of air and sun rays around the plant. However, insects cannot make their way through the net.
Insect nettings are of two types – fine mesh and ultra-fine mesh. You should consider the type of insect your plants are up against when selecting any of the two.
The ultra-fine mesh keeps out insects like onion flies and carrot flies. Fine mesh, on the other hand, keep out insects like Pieris rapae.
Similar to insect nettings are butterfly nettings that keep butterflies out, which in turn ensures that our plant bed remains free of their larvae.
It is a preemptive measure to prevent larvae from damaging plants. The size of the mesh on butterfly nettings is usually wider than the ones on insect netting.
Sometimes the pest disturbing our plants are not tiny flying and crawling insects; they are four-legged wild animals like deers.
With deers, we are not trying to make the mesh small enough to prevent entry. Rather, we want to make it formidable enough to avoid breaching.
Deer nettings are erected as perimeter fencing to keep deers out of the garden. It is important to make it high enough to stop deers from scaling it.
Rabbit nets are similar to deer nettings because they are also used to keep out four-legged pests.
However, they are usually buried under the ground to ensure that rabbits do not burrow and gain access from below. The mesh on rabbit nettings is typically smaller than the mesh on deer nettings.
When you are up against winged creatures that dwell in the sky, bird nettings will save the day.
Nettings used to keep birds out of gardens and orchards are one of the most common with gardeners.
When left unchecked, birds, especially frugivores, will peck on your fruits. The size of the mesh on bird nettings depends on the birds preying on your produce.
What Are the Things To Consider Before Buying Garden Nettings?
To ensure you get the most suitable netting for your garden, you must consider certain factors. By considering these factors, you have all angles covered, and you have the assurance that your plants are safe from pests.
After deciding on the type of netting you need, the next thing is to consider the type of material used to make the net.
The material used affects the net’s performance and overall durability. Polypropylene and polyethylene are the two most common materials used to make insect nets.
Though the two materials are similar, they have their differences. Polyethylene is the most flexible of the two. However, polypropylene is the more resistant of the two materials. An important thing to look out for when choosing either of these materials is their ability to withstand harsh weather conditions.
Galvanized steel and polypropylene are the two most common materials used to make deer nettings. If you are choosing a net made of galvanized steel, ensure that it is PVC coated. PVC-coated steel lasts longer than uncoated ones.
You should also ensure that you get the dimension of the area you need to protect before buying a netting. You should measure the length and width of the area correctly to avoid leaving some parts of the garden unprotected.
When buying a deer netting, you should check the net’s height to ensure that it will stand at least 2 meters high after installation.
Finally, you should ensure that the net is lightweight, especially if you will cover the plants with the netting directly without using a frame. A heavy net will weigh down the plants and lead to loss.
Ease of installation:
It is also good to ensure that you can easily install a net when making a purchase.
It would help if you looked out for things like installation materials and instructions added to the package. You should also ensure that you can easily cut the net to your desired size if needed.
For more information on how to use garden netting, check out this video by Lovely Greens.
Q: How Much Do Garden Nettings Cost?
A: The price of garden netting depends on a few factors. The material used and the net’s dimensions are two prominent factors that affect the price. Garden nettings cost between $7 and $50.
Q: Are birds afraid of netting?
A: Netting is a deterrent to birds that prey on farm produce, so they don’t like nettings. However, the fear factor may set in if they had gotten tangled in a net before and sustained injuries.
Q: Can you put netting over tomato plants?
A: Yes, you can. Birds and insects often attack tomato plants. Covering the plant with a net keeps the pests away.
Q: What can I use to hold up my bird netting?
A: You can use hoops and netting frames to hold the bird netting in place.
Q: How long does bird netting last?
A: The life span of bird nettings usually depends on the durability of the material used to construct the net. They may last between a single season and five seasons.
Finally, before you buy something, remind yourself if you really have to. Often we like to buy something, and that’s fine; but, to avoid wasting money on stuff you don’t need, consider the product’s worth to you.
You don’t have to buy anything just because it’s on sale or has good ratings. But if you have your mindset to the best garden netting, you now know the best possible ways to purchase it.
So, go for buying the best PRODUCT out there in the market and make the good deal out of it. Thanks for taking the time to read our 5 Best Garden Netting Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel