5 Best Hose Pots Review Guide For 2022-2023
5 Best Hose Pots Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Join the millions that have trusted ReportOutdoors.com to help them make smarter buying decisions.
Let our independent expert reviews and data-driven shopping recommendations help you find the Best Hose Pot that’s right for you.
Whether you are a professional gardener or a hobbyist, having a complete gardening experience is impossible without the right equipment.
A garden hose is undoubtedly the most essential component of any garden as it allows you to supply water for various outdoor activities.
Protecting your garden hose from weather, wear-and-tear, and other possible outdoor incidents is mandatory.
This is why having proper storage can help ensure your garden hose remains usable for a long time without getting damaged.
We have reviewed the top hose pots for this year that will protect your garden hose and maintain the look without accessories hanging around.
A poor-quality product can cause frustration and can be really difficult to use.
Buying the right kind of hose pot is imperative as it acts as a barrier of protection while ensuring that your hose does not get in anyone’s way.
To see our choices keep reading our 5 Best Hose Pots Review Guide For 2022-2023.
HC Companies Hose Pot – Best Overall
This hose pot by HC companies is an elegant addition to any garden.
Featuring a round plastic body, it ensures durability so that you don’t have to go through the hassle of buying a new pot frequently. It comes with a side hole so you can connect it with a faucet.
Moreover, it has a natural, rustic appearance that complements any outdoor setting, helping you save some extra bucks.
This hose pot does not require any assembly, and the perfect painted finish lets you use it under all kinds of weather conditions.
- Material Plastic
- Brand The HC Companies
- Color Granite
- Special Feature Hole
- Shape Round
About this item:
- Hose pot designed to elegantly store your garden hose (not included) for easier access
- Side hole allows the hose to be connected to an outdoor faucet
- Versatile enough to be used as a planter, firewood container, or for other uses
- Has a natural, rustic appearance that will complement any existing outdoor decor
- Designed to look like hand-made pottery; Color: Granite; Dimensions (W x H): 21 x 9.38 inches; Weight: 3.7 pounds
- Made from durable and long-lasting plastic
- Easy to connect with a faucet
- Can be used throughout the year
- Water can get in the pot after rain
BirdRock Hose Pot – Runner Up
Steel is known for its durability and sturdiness and this hose pot by BirdRock is the epitome of these characteristics.
Made from alloy steel, it is lightweight but powerful, so you can use it for years to come, no matter where you go. It has a classic bronze color, guaranteeing that you can add an attractive, yet functional touch to your deck, porch, or patio.
A removable center post assists in coiling and uncoiling the hose, so you can do it independently.
Additionally, this hose pot has a drainage hole with a rubber, allowing water drainage after rain.
It can hold a hose up to 100 feet in length, and the lid lets you protect it from harsh weather eliminating the need for separate purchases.
- Brand BIRDROCK HOME
- Material Alloy Steel
- Color Bronze
- Installation Method Outdoor
- Operation Mode Found in image, Manual
About this item:
- HIDDEN & ORGANIZED: keep your water hose neatly hidden after your done water your plants and flowers. The holder also helps keep your water hose organized and untangled
- DECORATIVE ACCENT: adds an attractive yet functional touch to your backyard, patio, deck or back porch
- REMOVABLE CENTER POST: helps guide the water hose when you are coiling and uncoiling. Post can also be removed to allow you to store other house hold items in the holder. Also includes a drainage hole with a rubber plug, so you can easily drain out rain water from the pot
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STURDY: made from a solid steel making it lightweight, yet strong and sturdy to last for years to come
- COLOR: Distressed Bronze. Holds water hoses up to 100ft long
- Can store a very long hose
- Made from very durable and sturdy material
- Light in weight
- Can be hard to balance heavier hoses
LifeSmart Hose Pot – Honorable Mention
LifeSmart has brought back a timeless antique charm from the vintage era back to your garden. This hose pot incorporates a perfect blend of wood, alloy steel, and copper, allowing you to experience long-term usage without causing any damage.
Measuring 17 inches in diameter and 11.5 inches in height, you can store a 125-feet hose in it without overburdening the pot. Besides being a crafty hose pot, it has versatile indoor and outdoor use to help you store items anywhere.
This hose pot comes in 2 shades of green that guarantee a perfect match for any garden with a lid that prevents your hose from harsh weather conditions.
- Material Wood, Alloy Steel, Copper
- Brand LifeSmart
- Color Light Green
- Mounting Type Inside Mount,Outside Mount
- Number of Pieces 1
About this item:
- TIMELESS ANTIQUE CHARM: Our decorative garden hose holder pots are designed to provide you with a stylish and convenient way to easily store your water hoses while adding unique vintage charm to your garden to enhance its beauty. These are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- QUALITY THAT LASTS: To ensure your pot last for years to come, please make sure to leave it under an overhang so it does not collect water. The antique green finish over a subtly patterned surface looks absolutely stunning in every environment and doesn’t lose its charm even after years of use.
- KEEP GARDEN ORGANIZED: Our decorative garden hose pot comes with a lid that allows you to cover it when not in use to create a stylish piece of décor to add more style to your outdoors while keeping them organized. Thanks to the wide mouth it provides easy access for the pipe and drains automatically using drain holes
- VERSATILE & MULTIPURPOSE: Besides being the ideal decorative hose holder it also can be used indoors to hold blankets, clothes, and magazines. This outdoor garden container is built to last and can also be used as a flower pot, log holder along with so much more.
- LARGE SIZE: Measuring in at 17 inches in diameter by 11-1/2 inches high, our decorative water hose holder with lid can easily hold up to 125 feet of a 5/8-inch garden hose while maintaining a stylish look. Each purchase is backed by our 30 Day Warranty so that you can order with confidence.
- Antique design available in 2 shades
- Can hold long hoses
- Versatile, multipurpose use
- Lid might not fit properly
- Might be pricey for some people
Liberty Garden Hose Pot – Contender
The Liberty Garden hose pot is made from high-quality resin that does not wear out quickly despite outdoor conditions. It can hold a hose up to 100 feet long and ⅝-inch thick, allowing you to fit a wide variety of hoses.
Featuring a robust construction, it has weather-resistant properties, ensuring long-term use with no corrosion. This hose pot measures 12 inches in height and 18 inches in width, so you can also use it indoors.
Additionally, it has a drainage hole at the bottom that allows you to connect the hose to any faucet and remove water build-up after rain. It is available in 3 different textures: brushed, banded, and wicker, so you can pick something according to your preference.
- Hose Length 100 ft
- Material High Density Resin
- Inlet Port ✓
- Drainage in Base ✓
About this item:
- Holds up to 100-feet of 5/8-inch garden hose (hose not included)
- High density resin construction
- Dimensions: 12-inches high x 18-inches wide
- Durable construction, will not rust
- Drainage hole at the bottom of the pot
- Can store long hoses
- Durable, corrosion-resistant material
- Available in 3 different textures
- No lid to cover
Suncast Hose Pot
This hose pot by Suncast has an attractive wicker design that adds a modern touch to any garden.
It is a durable and weather-resistant hose that you can use for a very long time. Spacious enough to fit a 100-foot long hose, it allows you to hold multiple garden tools safely in one place.
This hose pot measures 18 x 18 x 12 inches weighing only 2.4 lbs, making it simple to effortlessly fit in a convenient spot. Additionally, the brown color gives off a natural vibe to match the overall aesthetic of your garden.
- Brand Suncast
- Material Plastic
- Color Brown
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 18 x 18 x 12 inches
- Item Weight 2.4 Pounds
About this item:
- Decorative wicker design
- Item measures 12 Inches Height, 18 Inches Long and 18 Inch Wide
- Made from durable and weather-resistant material
- Multipurpose and versatile use
- Lightweight and convenient to store
- Cannot accommodate a 100-foot, thick hose
- Does not come with a lid
5 Best Hose Pots Buying Guide For 2022-2023
To make a well-rounded decision, you must develop a thorough understanding of the features of a premium-quality hose pot.
What To Keep In Mind When Buying a Hose Pot:
To buy the correct hose pot, you must be aware of the features of one.
One of the critical features of a suitable hose pot is its convenience to use. A good-quality hose pot consists of a drain hole and a lid to prevent contact with stored water and material from outdoor weather conditions.
The size of your hose pot should complement the size of your hose. Most pots can accommodate hoses of 50 to 150 feet in length, but people often neglect the thickness.
For instance, a hose pot might say “compatible with 100-feet” but not fit your hose.
Why? Because of thickness. Therefore, it is mandatory to measure its compatibility with the length and width of your pipe before buying.
The material of any hose pot should be durable enough to withstand outdoor conditions.
If you don’t have a shaded spot in your garden, look for a weather-resistant, corrosion-proof material.
There are different materials available in the market, but most people opt for a plastic base because of reasonable pricing and waterproof properties.
Whether you are looking for something contemporary or antique, the design you choose sets the mood of your garden.
Other than design, people are also quite cautious when selecting the color. Most people go for natural colors like green and brown that blend with the overall vibe of your garden.
But if you want something unconventional, plastic hose pots have multiple variants.
Why Should Every Gardener Buy a Hose Pot?
Here are some benefits that you can reap by buying a hose pot.
Imagine walking in one of the finest gardens in the world only to see a long hose spread from one corner to the other, or tangled in one corner.
Unappealing, right? A hose lying in the middle of your garden can look really unattractive, especially when it’s not in use. Buying a garden hose pot allows you to keep the garden clean and attractive.
A garden hose that is not being used can become an obstacle for little children and pets. Keeping your hose secure in a pot can remove this barrier so your kids and pets can enjoy quality time without any risks.
A tangled hose can break or deteriorate before its due life. Usually, hoses last for at least a decade when appropriately maintained, but if you leave them trapped, lying in the sun for hours, it may cause discoloration, deformation, and even leaks.
Carrying a hose to and from the faucet could be load-bearing and really frustrating for some people. By installing a simple hose pot next to the faucet can save the hassle of transportation.
Add a statement of class and cleaniness by investing in a decorative garden hose pot. For more tips on choosing the right hose pot for your garden, check the video below.
What Materials Are Hose Pots Made Of?
Different materials are readily available in the market with distinct features but the same usage intention. The following list covers the most commonly used materials in making a hose pot.
Copper is one of the most durable and long-lasting products of all time. Other than being insanely weather resistant, it is also much lighter in weight and convenient to store.
However, you must know that copper is a strong conductor of heat, which can destroy the quality of your hose pipe in sweltering temperatures.
A ceramic hose pot is an ideal storage unit for your garden hose because of its non-reactivity. You can easily store it in any part of the garden to maintain the quality of your hose.
Most people purchase this long-lasting material to store other garden equipment as well. All these benefits do not come for free because ceramic pots are way more expensive than others – even steel.
Probably the most popular choice, plastic hose pots are affordable, durable, and readily available in the market. Since they are available in many different colors, these pots can instantly bring life to the look of any garden.
When purchasing plastic hose pots, you need to check their quality to ensure that only a superior-quality product becomes a part of your garden.
Just like plastic, a steel hose pot is also a popular choice, except that it is pricier. However, these sturdy hose pots can last longer, when maintained on a regular basis.
Professional gardeners prefer steel hose pots because of their ability to withstand heavier hoses, but it is mandatory to apply linseed oil on the body occasionally.
What Are the Types of Hose Pots?
Gardeners usually have two main options to allocate some space in their garden for a hose pot.
It is possible to build a hose pot all by yourself in a vacant space. Most people construct a square or circle shape using bricks and cement in a corner (preferably near the faucet) to keep the hose inside.
This is a convenient method to allocate appropriate space, but you need basic construction knowledge to successfully prepare an in-built hose pot. A homemade hose pot might also not be as attractive, as you have limited resources.
A convenient option for people who do not have a lot of time on their hands, a store-bought hose pot can do the exact same wonders when purchased correctly.
From affordable plastic to pricier ceramic, there are different types of materials, shapes, and sizes. You must choose one that meets your overall requirements and helps you complement the overall look of your garden.
A store-bought hose pot can be a stunning addition to your garden that matches its theme. However, you must be extremely cautious about picking the right size and appropriate material.
Q: Does a lid come with all hose pots?
A: A lid is an essential element as it prevents your hose from getting affected by harsh weather.
However, not all hose pots come with a lid. If you don’t have a shaded space in your garden, opt for a hose pot with a fitting lid.
Q: Can I keep my hose pot outdoors in winter?
A: Winters come with a lot of moisture retention, and excess moisture might damage the color of your hose.
It is mandatory to drain any excess water, keep the lid on tight and give as much ventilation as possible during the day.
Q: How to seek maximum benefit of space in a hose pot?
A: You can make most of the space in your hose pot by coiling the hose pipe from one end to the other.
Hose pots are a fundamental storage unit used to maintain the quality and longevity of your garden hose.
Other than this, they can also be used in different parts of the house. However, when purchasing the top hose pots for this year, you must pick the right size, appropriate material, and design that complements your garden.
Thanks for taking the time to read our 5 Best Hose Pots Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel