The Best Above Ground Pool Light Review Guide For 2022-2023
The Best Above Ground Pool Light Review Guide For 2022-2023– The variety of pool lights gives you a lot of power over how much you spend and the results you get. We’ve put together a comprehensive list of the best above ground pool lights available on the market today. There are many manufacturers and products available on the market today. This makes it challenging to determine what type of light you need, let alone select the ideal product.
Our expert team of pool professional researchers have put in the legwork and researched the top lights. All of this can be found in our in-depth above ground pool lights review below. You don’t have to search all over to determine what kind of light you need to fit your pool, we’ve put it all in one easy to follow guide.
The best thing about lights for above ground pools is that there is a wide variety of options and prices available. This way, everyone can afford to improve the ambiance and safety of their pool. We’ve presented a wide range of options below. So to see our picks keep reading our The Best Above Ground Pool Light Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Esuper Solar LED Inflatable Pool Ball
Esuper Solar LED Inflatable Pool BallThis is a favorite for the kids and anyone looking to give their pool that extra spunk. Though not a pool light to illuminate your pool fully, this decorative light will be the talk of the party. It’s an inexpensive 14-inch inflatable vinyl ball that is recharged by the sun to light up at night.
Simply keep the LED inflatable ball to charge in the sun during the day, and it will glow up to 6 to 8 hours at night. There are no batteries, no cables, and no worries about electricity or installation. Just inflate the ball, enjoy it during the day, and let it brighten your nights.
Your pool will never be boring again with the continuously changing 4 LED colors of the ball. The best part is it is made of durable vinyl material and is IP68 waterproof. So it’s definitely not a delicate pool light to be careful with, but rather an addition to the fun.
- ❣Easy to blow up: Simple to inflate the led pool light . No batteries needed,better than hard plastic LED balls. These LED floating balls are much more durable,sturdy enough for guests to toss them around
- ❤Inflatable & Floatable: Our CT600 14″ balls for pools is inflatable that makes the pool light floating on water. Solar globe creates you a floating light show in your pool. Also this floating ball lamp with red blue green white color Changing automatically.
- ☼Energy-Saving&Long working life: 100% solar powered automatic charging LED lighting balls. This float globe light stores solar energy in sunlight and illuminate in darkness. A hidden solar module in the sphere converts energy from direct sunlight–no electricity required. Works up to 8 hours after fully charged in direct sunlight.
- ☂IP68 Waterproof & Weatherproof: Our LED pool lamp adopt IP 68-rated technology;fully waterproof and dust-protected. Fully applied both indoors and outdoors. After lots of experiments, these floating lights for pool at night can withstand hard rain, wind.
- ♔Variety of Usage: Our solar light easily stakes into the ground, floats in the pool, hanging from trees in the back yard or rests on a table. This solar LED ball is an illuminated entertainment center. Perfect for all theme parties, gardens, yard, lighten up your pathway and enhance festival atmosphere especially during Christmas.
What we liked:
- Very inexpensive option to add a light show in any pool
- Made of durable vinyl material that can withstand play, rain, and wind
- Excellent customer service.
Intex Magnetic Pool Wall Light
Intex Magnetic Pool Wall LightThis pool light is explicitly designed for Intex pools. However, it can be installed on any vinyl pool as long as it isn’t too thick for the electric current to go through and power the light. Keep in mind this is not a suitable light for above ground pools with metal walls.
This light consists of two parts. Оne is inside the pool and the other on the outside and connected to the power outlet. The two pieces connect via a magnet, and the unique magnetic technology generates a low voltage current to power the light. If the inside part is pushed off its magnetic part outside, it will float up to the surface for the pool for easy re-installation.
As this is an LED light, it will be bright, while still energy-efficient. Via the unique shape of the lens, it will shine longer and stronger. As it is so powerful, a single light can illuminate a pool up to 24 feet in diameter.
The Intex LED Wall Light has a 120V plug and comes with a 12V transformer. You connect it to your power source via a 24-foot waterproof cable. Due to its advanced magnetic technology, it can be installed anywhere in your pool.
- 110-120V LED pool light
- Magnetic mounting system
- Illuminates up to 24Ft pools
- Lights up both inside and outside the pool
- Features a color changing mode.26 feet cord for convenient outlet connection
What we liked:
- Very bright and energy-efficient
- Considerably inexpensive considering the features
- Very easy to install
Pentair 2010-Convertible AquaLuminator
Pentair 2010-Convertible AquaLuminatorThis unit has an entirely different installation than the rest we’ve listed so far. The Pentair 98600000 2010-Convertible AquaLuminator combines water return and above ground pool light into one. Keep in mind that a pressure cleaner adapter is not included in this package.
Although it does require a bit more work to install than the others in the list do, it is still relatively simple. It is attached to the return fitting of your pool and powered by a 24-inch plug-in cord. It fits nearly all retail pools as most already have a pre-punctured return hole. Simply follow the instructions to install the light, and you have an effortless 2-in-1 function.
Included in the purchase are a bulb, flow detector, gaskets, wall flange, fitting body, and nut. There is a switch to turn it off on the waterproof transformer for ease of use and comes with two color lenses. The light is fitted with energy-efficient quartz light with a rated life of 3,000 hours. It may be the most expensive above ground pool light on our list, but certainly the most durable and practical.
- Light and return fitting, 25-inch plug-in cord
- Deluxe retail packaging, fits most aboveground pools
- Pressure cleaner adapter is not included with this item
- Fountain attachment available; hard plumbing adapter
- Measures 8-1/2-inch length by 7-1/2-inch height by 8-1/2-inch width
What we liked:
- ON/OFF switch on the transformer
- Combination of pool light and pool return
- Includes everything necessary for easy installation and use
UBEGOOD Submersible Color LED Lights
UBEGOOD Submersible Color LED LightsOne of the main benefits of LED lights, aside from being so energy-efficient, is that they come available with many color options. The UBEGOOD Submersible LED lights are a perfect inexpensive example of this. Featuring 16 colors with 4 different modes and brightness adjustment, the possibilities are endless.
These are battery-operated lights that come 4 in a pack, each with remote control. They have a variety of uses but are an excellent choice to add ambiance as floaters in your above ground pool. Their unique design allows them to float on the water, adding to the fun of your nighttime swim.
Featuring a water-resistant O-ring and IP67 waterproof, they are further secured by a double-layer waterproof material. Each light requires 3 AAA batteries each and comes with a 24-button remote control that has a 30-foot signal range.
These aren’t professional above ground pool lights and offer only ambient light for decoration. Therefore, when the pool is not in use, it is recommended you take them out. Do not leave them in for more than 10 hours. Also, they are waterproof up to 1 meter of water and maybe damaged if you try to weigh them down to the bottom of the pool.
- 【Waterproof IP68 Design】These underwater LED lights are made of premium double-layer waterproof material and with a soft silicone O-ring for watertight sealing.
- 【16 Colors 4 Modes】Each water light comes with a 24 button energy saving remote controller. 16 unique colors and 4 different modes are available. A cool thing to change the ambiance you want within seconds.
- 【Indoor and Outdoor】Submersible lights not only used indoors for flower vases, fish tank, aquarium, hot tubs light decorations of daily used. Also widely used outdoors at swimming pool, fountain, ice bucket for a party or wedding decoration.
- 【Battery Powered LED Lights】Each RGB light powered by three AAA batteries (The batteries are not included). Wireless and safe. Convenient to replace while the batteries runs out.
- 【Create Amazing Light Show】Colorful lights effect could be easily added in your decor with these unique lights. Place it to anywhere you want to be lighted up, all your guest of the party would enjoy a great atmosphere and unique romantic feeling.
What we liked:
- An inexpensive option to add ambiance to the pool
- Easy use and numerous application options
- 4 lights in a pack with individual remote, but one remote can control all of them
NiteLighter NL100 LED White Pool Light
NiteLighter NL100 LED White Pool LightThe following product on our list is another outstanding LED light. The NiteLighter White LED Pool Light requires zero effort to install so you can get swimming sooner. It features a 100W LED light and low-voltage transformer rated for outdoors to step current down from 110V to 12V. It is ELT-listed to UL standards.
Simply slip this above ground pool light over the pool wall right under the top rail, and you are set. Instructions for installation are included. Most importantly, make sure that you plug it into the nearest outlet and avoid using extension cords.
To prevent excessive use of electricity or possible damage, the light has an automatic shut-off feature after 2 hours. Although the bulb lasts several years, it’s important to note that you don’t have to buy a new fixture. The light also comes with a 6-month warranty that is backed by impressive customer service ready to help in any way they can.
- 100W UNDERWATER LED LIGHT – Your aboveground swimming pool provides hours of daytime enjoyment, but when daytime turns to night, the fun doesn’t have to stop. Nitelighter in-pool lights illuminate the water to double your entertainment time!
- EASY TO INSTALL – It’s easy to install your Nitelighter pool light fixture in just a few minutes. It doesn’t require any drilling – the mounting bracket and thumb wheel allow you to easily attach it under the top ledge of steel wall pools.
- SAFE TO USE – The Nitelighter is ETL-certified to UL standards. The LED design allows for the use of a low voltage power supply, making it a safe solution for swimmers.
- PERFECT FOR NIGHT SWIMS – Get more swimming time out of your pool by adding an LED pool light! Have a romantic nighttime swim or throw an evening pool party with your friends and family. Now you can enjoy your pool all day and night!
- NITELIGHTER – Nitelighter underwater pool lights have been illuminating aboveground pools for over 20 years.
What we liked:
- Effortless installation and use
- Includes everything for installation and long 28-foot cord
- 6 months warranty
The Best Above Ground Pool Light Buyers Guide For 2022-2023:
Benefits and Drawbacks of Above Ground Pool Lights:
Best Above Ground Pool LightsThere are few drawbacks to pool lights. In fact, the disadvantages come mainly from selecting the wrong product or improper installation.
- Safety and Security – This is, by far, the most compelling advantage. Not only seeing where the pool is when it’s dark outside but also safely observe children playing in it so you can react faster. In areas where wild animals are abundant, it also adds to the security of knowing there is nothing swimming in the pool already when you jump in.
- Looks Good – It’s nice to look out in the back yard and see a beautifully lit pool. There’s no doubt that a lit pool looks better than a dark spot in your yard. Whether with lights to illuminate it entirely or just decorative light to add to the ambiance.
- Extends Swimming Time – Summer days may be long, but when it comes to enjoying your pool, they are never long enough. Enjoy a nighttime dip even when the sun has long disappeared from the sky.
- Easy Installation – Above ground pool lights are super simple to install. They require nearly zero effort and knowledge. For the most part, it is a direct plug-and-play.
- Inexpensive in Comparison – Most above ground lights are relatively affordable, especially when compared to inground lights.
- Dysfunction – We’ve found that many people complain about the quality of many pool lights. Unfortunately, after digging deeper and discussing where the problem was, it turned out the lights stopped functioning due to improper installation. As with anything else, it’s crucial to follow instructions.
- Winterizing – Although many do not, it is highly recommended to remove lights when closing your pool up for winter. The freezing temperature can easily damage them and crack the plastic. Some of the less expensive pool lights also have a limit as to how long they can stay on and cannot be left in the pool when not in use.
- Don’t Last – This only goes for the least expensive options. Many are simple floating LEDs that are waterproof. Not necessarily designed for long-term use, but for temporary decoration. If you spend less than $40 for a pool light, don’t expect it to last years on end. Considering the price, though, it’s still not a bad deal.
How to Choose and Features:
Choosing a light depends mainly on the pool size, but other factors are essential, as well. Plus, certain features can help you lean towards one product over another. Here is how to select and special added features that could be game-changers:
Pool Size and Shape:
– Before shopping for a pool light, it’s good to determine what kind you’ll need. Consider the power needed and how many will be necessary. Generally, approximately 4.5 watts per square meter are suitable. If you select an LED light, keep in mind that a 40-watt LED light is equivalent to a 300-watt incandescent light.
– Some lights attach to the pool through holes designated for filtration, while others use magnets or attach on top of the pool lining. Magnetic lights work only on vinyl pools, while some require a power source nearby. There are also floating lights, but don’t depend on them for actually light, as they are mainly for decoration.
– Although most pool lights don’t have the lumen listed, the power of light cast, it’s something to keep in mind. If no lumen is listed, check the feedback of the product. Many people share the size pool they have and how well the light covers it. Some pool lights are for decoration only, while others may even be too strong for smaller swimming pools.
– With most above ground pool lights, you will get a transformer, so double-check. Usually, with above ground pools, you don’t have to worry about significant electrical installations, and generally, the lights come with everything necessary.
– The higher the wattage, the more electricity the light will use. So if it is a light that is connected to your electrical system, consider an LED light that will reduce operational expenses drastically.
– There are several power sources. The most powerful lights are those powered by electricity. Usually, solar lights and battery-operated lights are relatively weaker and are more for ambiance. Return flow lights depend on your pump power. Think about what best suits your current setup.
Understanding Waterproof Ratings:
– In descriptions of various waterproof lights, you will get waterproof ratings. Here is a breakdown of all of them to better understand which light is suitable for your pool and needs:
IP65 – Protection against projected water from a nozzle.
IP66 – Protection against powerful jets of water.
IP67 – Protection against immersion at depths of 150m – 1000m for 30 minutes.
IP 68 – Protection against complete immersion in water continuously.
Decide where the pool light will be placed and how deep. To be 100% safe, look for IP68 waterproof rated lights only.
– This is especially important for color lights. For white lights, unless it is for controlling brightness, it’s not absolutely necessary. But for programming different modes or colors, it will make your life a lot easier than using the ON/OFF switch.
White or Color:
– This comes down to your personal taste. The best way to go is a color option that also has white in the list of colors that you can choose. You’ll be amazed at how amusing it is to set the mood in the pool.
There are other more specific features if we break down the different types of lights individually. The key is first to be well acquainted with your pool, the material, the size, and your personal needs, and there’s a light out there to fit them.
As mentioned above, there are a variety of types of lights. Generally, though, for above ground pools there is minimal installation required when it comes to lighting. They are usually plug-and-play type lights and require little electrical knowledge. This is the case especially for solar and battery operated lights. There is a minimal learning curve when it comes to how to install above ground pool lights, and simply following the provided instructions generally does the tick.
Maintenance and Safety Tips Above Ground Pool Light Tips:
Winterizing your pools requires that you take out the lights and store them. Not everyone does this, but it will guarantee a longer life as the freezing temperatures could damage them. Be sure to wash with fresh water before storage.
Don’t forget that if you want your pool to look astonishing, proper lighting goes hand in hand with a thorough cleaning. For that reason alone, we recommend you check out our complete guide to getting the top above ground vacuum cleaner.
Check the integrity of cables for lights powered by electricity. This will prevent a minute problem from becoming dangerous or irreversible.
Don’t leave floating pool lights in the pool when not in use if you want them to last. Wash with fresh water every once in a while as pool chemicals tend to deteriorate them.
If not swimming in the pool for an extended time take out hanging and magnetic lights. This is even more important if they are powered by electricity. This will prevent damage and dangers.
If using an extension cord, it has to be powerful enough to handle the power running through it for extended periods. Also, it has to be waterproof safe as it will be outside. If not thick and sturdy enough, it may overload and possibly damage your system.
Follow standard pool safety in general.
Although some above ground pools don’t require electricity or cables, it’s essential to understand the dangers of underwater pool lighting and how to prevent potential accidents. Power around water is risky, and taking extra precautions is vital.
Taking the time to research the best above ground pool lights is the best way to go if you want to save money, stress, and lost time enjoying your pool. We believe we’ve put together the most comprehensive above ground pool review out there. It’s essential to make sure you are well informed before jumping into a purchase you may regret.
The variety of fixtures, types, and features makes it difficult to decide, and we hope our review and buying guide has been helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read our The Best Above Ground Pool Light Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel