Best Cooling Vest Review Guide For 2020 – Does intense summer heat prevent you from working out? A cooling vest may be what you need! Cooling vests appeared on the mass market a few years ago and quickly targeted its audience. Nowadays such devices are in demand with the builders, road workers, athletes, and drivers. Moreover, special products have been launched exclusively for dogs. Wearing a cooling vest while working out can help to keep you feeling cooler and more comfortable in hot weather conditions, and in some situations can make recovery faster. This Best Cooling Vest Review Guide For 2020 will review the best cooling vests on the market right now and help you to choose the best cooling vest for your needs.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST COOLING VEST FOR YOUR NEEDS:
Are you interested in a cooling vest, but aren’t sure what kind is right for you? Check out this guide to learn about the types of cooling vests available, and how to choose the best cooling vest.
Cooling vests are been designed to provide a variety of benefits to both people who frequently work out, and people with multiple sclerosis.
It is dangerous to raise our body’s internal temperature too high. This can happen when people exercise or work in hot weather. These heat-related complications can be hazardous for our health.
A cooling vest can help control your core temperature effectively.
Read on for the best cooling vest guide to help you choose the right one for you.
EVAPORATIVE COOLING VESTS:
To use an evaporative cooling vest, you wet them in cold water, wring out excess water and then wear it.
These are the most basic and inexpensive type you can get. It only keeps the wearer cool as the water evaporates. Once the water is gone, it’s just a regular vest.
The upside is that you could activate the vest with just some cold water. This may not be an option if you live in hot and humid conditions or are a construction worker without access to running water for example.
COOL FLOW COOLING VESTS:
A cool flow vest requires a cooler to pump water through the vest. It uses two very thin hoses to go to and from the vest back into the cooler.
This type of cooling vest is only feasible if you are standing or sitting still for long periods of time.
These are the priciest vests you can buy.
COLD PACK COOLING VESTS:
This vest is kept cool by lightweight thermopack inserts. These flexible packets remain pliant even when frozen which allows you to have full mobility. They don’t weigh you down with most vests weighing less than 5 pounds.
You can expect to get several hours of cooling from ThermoPak inserts. You can swap them out as needed.
Some companies make vests that you can wear directly against the skin because they have a thermal protective layer such as the StaCool Vests. Others must be worn over clothing to prevent serious burns from the ice packs. Keep this in mind when choosing your cooling vest. There are even cooling vests for children.
When shopping for a phase change vest, make sure to find out if the chemicals in the packets are non-toxic for your peace of mind and safety.
Another benefit of the StaCool Vests is that they are offered in a special fire retardant material. Even the thermopacks are non-flammable.
PHASE CHANGE COOLING VESTS:
These cooling vests are similar to cold pack vests in that they have pockets for a cooling component to be added. The chemicals inside the packets of a phase change cooling vest can be one of three phase-change materials.
- Inorganic materials are engineered hydrated salt solutions made from natural salts with water. These are non-toxic, non-flammable and economical.
- Bio-based materials are organic fatty acids such as vegetable oil. The temperature can vary. These products are non-toxic, non-corrosive and have infinite life cycles. Note, they are flammable at high temperatures and can be expensive.
- Organic phase change materials are made out of petroleum bi-products. They can be toxic and cannot come into contact with skin. These fillers last infinitely but can be expensive as well as flammable.
FlexiFreeze Ice Vest (Zipper Closure)
This is a phase change vest that uses ice packs to provide intense cooling. It is snug fitting, not too bulky to wear, and only weighs about 4 lbs.
- Beat The Heat: Utilize the power of 96 pure water ice cubes to effectively bring down core temperature. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Designed For Comfort And Functionality: Provides full range of motion and is adjustable in four locations allowing for a snug fit from sizes XS to 6X
- Lightweight And Washable: Constructed from neoprene and rip-stop materials, it weighs in at 3.5 lbs. Vest and panels are machine washable with ice sheets removed
- Versatility And Safety: A great solution for people living with heat sensitive medical conditions, people working in heat stress related occupations or anyone looking to stay cool during outdoor activities like mowing the lawn or gardening
- Long-Term Cooling Solution: Panels can be swapped out for new frozen ones when the time comes for extended cooling
- Adjustable fit.
- 96 Ice inserts are removable and reusable.
- Designed to be slim fit, snug and comfortable to wear while moving around.
- Cooling will last for over an hour or until the ice melts.
- You’ll need a spare set of ice inserts if you want to stay cool for longer than an hour and not have to wait while the ice refreezes.
This phase change vest is well suited to humid climates as the humidity won’t take away from its cooling ability.
TechKewl 6626-RB-L/XL Phase Change Cooling Vest, Blue
This phase change vest one of the top cooling vests on the market for intense cooling. It is well designed and comfortable to wear.
- 100% Cotton w/Thermal Liner
- Made in US
- Removable Phase Change inserts will mating 58′ cooling temp for 2-3 hours
- Washable Outer Vest
- Includes Vest, 4 Phase Change Inserts and Protective Cooler Bag for Easy Reactivation anywhere.
- Instant Cooling Effect to any area needing cooling
- 2-3 hours of reliable cooling.
- Good quality, durable material.
- Removable inserts means you can choose how many you wear.
- Outer is washable.
- A little bulky with cooling packs inserted.
- A little pricey, but worth it for the quality.
If you want to commit to a solid cooling vest that will be the only one you need to own, this is the best cooling vest for your summer gym workouts.
TechKewl Hybrid Sport Cooling Vest
This is a snug fitting cooling vest designed for specifically for sport that actually lets you benefit from both phase change and evaporative cooling by combining phase change cooling packs and evaporative Hyperkewl inner material.
- Front zipper w/mesh ventilation panels and scoop neck
- Comfortable, quilted nylon outer with HyperKewl fabric inner, water-repellant nylon liner and black cotton-poly elastic trim
- Hybrid Cooling, Uses both Evaporative Cooling HyperKewl Fabric and Removable Phase Change Cooling Packs
- Include one (1) set of Cool Pax Phase Change Cooling Military Vest Inserts (7065 w/velcro) and protective cooler bag
- Will Not Swell or Bulge, Will not become slimy or leak toxic chemicals
- Mesh side panels for ventilation.
- Zip up front for snug fit.
- Removable phase change cooling packs.
- Hyperkewl evaporative cooling material.
- Not adjustable.
This could be one of best cooling vest for gym workouts due to its comfortable design and utilization of both cooling packs and Hyperkewl material.
Glacier Tek Sports Cool Vest with Set of 8 Nontoxic Cooling Packs
This a lightweight phase change cooling vest that weighs only 5 lbs. With its snug, adjustable fit, this makes it a great option for running.
- Prepare To Be Cool: Our vest maintains a dry, comfortable 59°F for up to 2.5 hours in 100°F heat
- Weighs less than 5 pounds and features adjustable dual side straps and heavy-duty front zipper
- High-performance cooling packs recharge in about 20 minutes in ice water or one hour in freezer
- Perfect for athletes, construction workers, MS patients … anyone who needs help dealing with heat
- Handy mesh bag makes it easy to recharge, transport and store the cooling packs
- Adjustable side straps.
- Recharges in 20 minutes.
- Phase change, non-toxic cooling packs.
- Not as cold as ice packets but still pleasantly cool.
The best cooling vest for runners if you prefer a phase change design over the damp feel of an evaporative vest.
COMPCOOLER Backpack ICE Water Cooling System
This reverse liquid cooling vest uses a water bladder to circulate ice cold water around your body, powered by a small rechargeable battery.
- Extreme Cooling Performance 36℉-68℉, Well-distributed Four Zones Liquid Cooling Channel, Evenly Body Cooling.
- Comfortable Skin Cool Feeling, Soft Stretch Air Permeability Mesh Fabric, Soft Micro Tubing Embedded on the liner, No skin scratch feeling
- Reversible Liquid Cooling Vest, Body Fit Vest and Underwear Application, Front Zipper and Sides Adjustable Device Provides 15-30% Stretch Expansion,
- 3L Freezable Quick Release Bladder, Quick Body Cooling, Easy to Replace and Extend Cooling Time,
- Safety and Healthy, Clean ICE Water Circulation for Body Cooling, 100% Safe Physical Cooling, Friendly and Environmentally.
- Battery provides 10 hours of operation.
- Can purchase extra bladders to store in the fridge and swap as needed.
- Good quality and well designed.
- The bladders may be a little fragile for running.
This water cooling system is surprisingly effective making this one of the best cooling vests on the market.
We hope you enjoyed this Best Cooling Vest Review Guide For 2020.