Best Down Jackets For Men Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Down Jackets For Men Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Are you looking for the Best Down Jackets for Men this year? If yes, you have come to the right place which you can discover the full reviews, tips, and guides.
Planning a backpacking trip but freezing cold outside? Thinking about buying a down jacket?
Best Down jackets for men are insulated with duck or geese feathers that are excessively warm. In simple words, these jackets contain a layer of down and feathers to help keep you warm.
These types of jackets retain heat to keep the wearer warm. Down jackets are lighter, tougher, and more water-resistant compared to any other kind of jackets.
The down fill of a jacket will be either goose down, duck down, or a combination of the two. Duck down jackets are comparatively cheaper than the goose down jackets; but as far as warmness is concerned nobody can beat the goose down jackets. To find out even more keep reading our Best Down Jackets For Men Review Guide For 2022-2023.
ARC’TERYX MEN’S CERIUM LT HOODED JACKET
Arc’teryx is a Canadian outdoor clothing and sporting goods company. The name and logo of Arc’teryx refer to the Archaeopteryx, among the earliest known birds.
Arc’teryx Cerium LT Hoody is a lightweight water-resistant down jacket. Made with ultra-premium materials, this jacket is an eye-catcher. The best part about this jacket is that it remains warm even when wet.
This is because Arc’teryx has used its Coreloft synthetic insulation in all areas where there is the possibility of moisture buildup. Now the problem with down is that it is not warm when wet.
To combat this problem, Arc’ Teryx came with the concept of Down Composite Mapping. This technique places synthetic insulation in high moisture areas such as the shoulders, underarms, and cuffs.
In all these high-moisture areas the Cerium LT uses a synthetic 80g/m2 Coreloft fill. This jacket offers the best warmth-to-weight ratio.
With a total weight of 10.22 ounces, it is one of the most lightweight down jackets available. While the jacket isn’t an ultralight down jacket, but it is decently lightweight enough to carry around.
It is filled with a high-lofting 850+ European white goose down. Cerium LT face fabric is an ultra-light Aeretic Nylon 20x10D fabric that has been treated with a DWR finish.
The fabric is strong and extremely soft to touch. This jacket comes in both hooded and non-hooded. Some other features include two zippered hand-warmers, elasticized cuffs at wrist and an adjustable hem
This one is an amazing piece that is truly exceptional. It is a bit expensive, but undoubtedly it is the best lightweight down jacket.
- Made in USA or Imported
- zipper closure
- Machine Wash
RAB NEUTRINO ENDURANCE JACKET
Rab is a United Kingdom mountaineering clothing and camping equipment manufacturer and supplier. Rab Neutrino Endurance Jacket is a good looking puffy jacket that is built to withstand severe winter weather conditions.
It offers an athletic fit. This jacket is filled with high quality 800 fill-power European Goose Down to keep you warm in all the situations.
The outer shell is made of Pertex Endurance fabric that provides more durability. The added PU coating of the Pertex shell protects the jacket from any kind of wear and tear.
Featuring a stitch-through baffle construction, this jacket is a must for cold-weather climates. However, the baffled construction will leave you looking quite puffy.
The jacket weighs around 22 ounces (size Large) and is available in seven solid colors such as flashy Electric Blue, Pear (tested), as well as darker colors such as Beluga and Twilight.
It features a three-way adjustable hood adjoined with elastic/Velcro cuff closures. The hood is helmet-compatible and features a wide brim to keep snow or rain out of your face.
The jacket comes with one large zippered internal pocket wherein you can store all the essentials that you’d like to dry out. Two outer hand pockets have water-resistant zippers and come with a fleece lining on the back.
Overall, this jacket is extremely comfortable and is a great option for winter athletes. Every penny spent on this one is worth it.
- Weight: 605g/21.3oz
- Pertex Quantum Pro outer fabric
- Pertex Quantum lining
- 800FP Ethically-Sourced European Goose Down (230g/8oz in size L)
- Stitch-through construction
MARMOT MEN’S GUIDES DOWN WINTER JACKET
Whether it’s a multi day adventure with friends or a weekend around town with the family, the Marmot Guides Down Men’s Winter Jacket will keep you comfortable even when temps drops. 700-fill-power down ensures you stay warm, while the water-resistant Down Defender treatment will keep you dry—even if a little rain comes your way.
Velcro cuffs and an elastic drawcord hem ensure a secure fit and help block the elements. Unlike other winter coats for men, puffer jackets, and men’s down jackets, it features a two-way zipper that won’t bunch up as you’re sitting down. Hand, chest, and interior pockets help keep small gear accessible as you explore.
- 90% Polyester, 10% Elastane
- Machine Wash
- Color of Logo may vary between black and dark grey
- Moisture resistant Down Defender treatment on 700 fill power down keeps you warm in wet conditions
- Zippered handwarmer pockets offer additional warmth
- Zippered chest and interior pockets provide convenient storage
- Velcro cuffs and draw cord hem for adjustable fit and temperature control
COLUMBIA MEN’S DELTA RIDGE DOWN JACKET Amazon’s Choice
The Delta Ridge Down Jacket leverages the ultra weight advantage and the supreme warmth that only down fill can provide. Super light and yet made for men, this jacket takes that down fill warmth advantage and incorporates a water resistant shell, lined with our Omni-HEAT™ reflective lining, for the perfect blend of heat retention across a wide range of outdoor climates, mild to very cold.
The 650 fill power down insulation works in concert with our breathable thermal lining, to create a great wearing coat. Zippered side pockets keep your small items secure (including your hands when the outdoors get extra cold).
The water resistant fabric, heat sealed construction with binding at the hem, collar, and cuff keeps your down loft in place, and you protected during most anything Fall or Winter can dish out.
This winter jacket is available in many accommodating colors and sizes. Available in extend sizing.
Active and Regular Fit. To ensure the size you choose is right, utilize our sizing chart and the following measurement instructions: For the sleeves, start at the center back of your neck and measure across the shoulder and down to the sleeve. If you come up with a partial number, round up to the next even number.
For the chest, measure at the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits and over the shoulder blades, keeping the tape measure firm and level. Imported. Made from 100% Polyester. Insulation: 650 fill power down, RDS Certified. Zippered closure. Hand Wash.
- 100% Polyester, 100% polyester, 650 Fill Power Down Insulation, RDS Certified
- Zipper closure
- Machine Wash
- OMNI-HEAT: Our patented Heat Reflective garments are the ultimate body heat management system for outdoor performance. The interior lining consists of our metallic dot pattern designed to retain heat, while the breathable fabric dissipates moisture
- 100% DOWN INSULATION: The 650 down fill and baffling is flexible at all the right points, providing additional loft, versatile fit, and maximum warmth for years of use and enjoyment
- COMFORTABLE DOWN JACKET: The Columbia Men’s Delta Ridge Jacket is a fantastic blend of ultra lightweight warmth that only down fill can provide. This is your go-to coat for a wide range of outdoor activities in a cold weather climate
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: Utilizing the latest heat seal construction, water resistant fabric, with binding at the hem, collar and cuff, you can be assured that this jacket will provide warm and faithful service
- HANDY FEATURES: This jacket features a soft built-in chin guard and two zippered hand pockets to keep small items secure
SIERRA DESIGNS MEN’S ELITE DRIDOWN PARKA, POSEIDON
Formed in 1965, Sierra Designs has been creating high-performance camping, high alpine and backcountry gear from ultralight tents & sleeping bags to down jackets.
Sierra Designs Men’s Elite DriDown Parka is the warmest down jacket and is designed like our Mobile Mummy sleeping bags. It features treated 850-fill duck down insulation that offers maximum warmth.
Dropdown creates a hydrophobic finish that allows the jacket to dry faster than untreated down. At 19 ounces, it’s quite light for its performance level.
This parka has a box baffled construction, which eliminates cold air from penetrating inside the jacket. The jacket is in a form-fitting shape that eliminates the need for any cinches and zippers as adjustments.
The longer length provides protection from the harsh weather conditions. This jacket has a regular cut that fits well over heavy layering.
The outer shell fabric of the parka is a 10 denier nylon/polyester ripstop that’s been coated with polyurethane on the inside to keep rain and snow outside the jacket.
The shell is coated with a thin PU coating that provides water and wind protection and increases the warmth of the jacket. It features a hat compatible hood that rolls in on itself.
The fully zipped hood provides excellent wind protection and folds into a high protective collar. The wrist cuffs gently snug around the wrists.
A down-filled draft tube built into the neck of the jacket seals in the warmth. There are two external hand pockets along with two large interior pockets, that are large enough to carry all your stuff.
One of the pockets can be stuffed into the other inner pocket which functions as a self-stuff sack for compressibility. The jacket also reverses into the large interior pocket to become a substantial camp pillow.
Overall, this puffy down jacket is impressively comfortable and extremely warm.
- Drawstring closure
- 800 Fill Power DriDown that resists moisture for versatile, lightweight warmth
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets, inside kangaroo pocket, and insulated yoke zipper pocket provide room to stash anything you may need.
- Jacket stuffs into own zippered pocket for easy storage and packing
- Bungee drawstring adjustable cinch provides a custom fit and seals in warmth
- Elastic cuffs seal in heat and keep out the cold
Best Down Jackets For Men Buying Guide For 2022-2023
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST DOWN JACKETS FOR MEN?
Picking the best down jackets for men are not as easy as it may seem. You need to understand your needs well in advance. Let’s take a look at some of the important factors that must be considered before initiating a purchase:
- Down fill powers– These are numerical ratings that measure the fluffiness of the down. Fill power ranges from 400 to 900. It is measured in cubic inches per ounce. The higher fill power indicates the better the quality of down. Higher-quality down comes from mature birds. A jacket with high fill power will be lightweight, providing more warmth and will pack down to a smaller size. However, these jackets come with a heftier price tag.
- Down or Synthetic– While buying a down jacket the biggest question that confuses maximum people is: Down or Synthetic Insulation? If you consider buying a lightweight jacket, go for down in comparison to a synthetic version. Down insulation offers excellent heat retention but loses insulating ability when wet; thus synthetic retains insulating properties when damp/wet. Down ones are easier to compress and pack small and require special cleaning.
- Construction Type– There are two types of down jackets, Sewn Through or Box Baffle. Baffle constructed jackets are complex to make but are warmer than sewn-through versions. These jackets provide more loft and are often more expensive. Women’s down jackets have different construction than men’s jackets. So be sure you buy a woman down jacket if the wearer is a female.
- Material– The importance of the outer shell and lining of the jacket cannot be overlooked. Both of them have a noticeable effect on the functioning of the jacket. Nylon and polyester are the two commonly used materials to form the outer layer of a down jacket. Both are equally good to withstand any harsh conditions. For more safety, go for a down jacket that has an extra layer laminated onto the fabric. This layer works as water-resistant and provides the wearer with the required warmth.
- Other Features– Look for other accessories like hoods, zips, pockets, adjustable hems, and so on. Pay for these features only if you require them. Like go for the hooded jacket only if you don’t intend to wear a helmet, adjustable hems can provide more control to the wearer and look for the type of pockets that you require.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Down Jackets For Men Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Earmuffs For Shooting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Longboards For Beginners Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Camping Lanterns Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Most Popular Gorilla Grip Original Durable Natural Rubber Door Mat Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Hitch Bike Racks Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel