Best Garage Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Garage Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Winters are nearly here, and for many of us, this can mean catastrophe and fun. Against the white and blue backdrop, nothing seems worse than a frozen up car. And for that, we thank the heavens (and the Industrial Revolution) for garage heaters. Garage heaters are the best for heating up your garage and keeping it warm. So instead of freezing up your anti-freeze and jamming all your engines, you can now keep your space warm and sanitary.
Below, we have compiled the best garage heater reviews we felt were perfect for the garage heating job. These products were picked based on their overall effectiveness, shelf life, and customer care services.To see our picks keep reading our Best Garage Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Mr. Heater MH9BX Garage Heater
We’ve chosen a Mr. Heater product on our list because this is one of those brands that always make its way to our hearts. We’ve seen quite a few competitive heaters in the business. But nothing is as sophisticated and intrinsic as the Mr. Heater F232000.
To give you an idea of just how essential this heater is, it has an energy output of 4,000 to 9,000 BTUs. This makes it all the more powerful and radiant. The high amount of energy is capable of heating up a medium size garage and is good for keeping the room warm. We also recommend this product for its fuel efficiency.
It has an auto-shutoff feature. This is in case it gets tipped over, the pilot light goes off, or if the heater is at lower oxygen levels. This is great, as these can usually present either a fire or electrical hazard. And end up wasting your precious fuel.
Additionally, Mr. Heater has a consumption rate of about 0.044 gallons to 0.099 gallons an hour. At this rate, a few pints of fuel are bound to last the whole night. As mentioned in the title, this is a propane-powered radiant heater. So you’ll need a decent amount of propane.
We would recommend this for anyone who wants to have the best fuel efficiency in town. We also consider this the best
for heating up a garage within minutes. Being a radiant heater, you can expect everything inside to heat up rapidly.
- Steel, Plastic, Nickel
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- THE USE OF UN-AUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
What We Like:
- Has an output of 4,000 to 9,000 BTUs.
- Optimal for heating up larger spaces.
- Radiant heater transfers heat to the objects in the room.
- Consumes up to 0.01 gallons per hour. Makes the most of the fuel and lasts longer.
- Uses propane, the most easily available and cheapest form of gas fuel for heaters.
- Auto-shut off feature for preventing hazards and wastage.
Modine HD45AS0111 Garage Heater
If you thought that the first product on our list was a steal, wait till you see the second. The Modine is a great choice for anyone who deals with constant fuel wastage. If you ask us, the Modine is actually one of the best in its efficiency. To give you a perspective, it has an efficiency of 80 percent. This makes it way more effective than other heaters.
It has a BTU output of about 45,000 BTUs, which makes it thrice as powerful as many other garage heaters. If you ask us, the heat output felt like a bit too much. But this only makes it better for heating up larger spaces. So we recommend this for larger rooms and garages, preferably two or four car garages.
The Modine has a quiet operation. This ensures a better sleeping experience and lesser interruptions. We’ve had experiences with thousands of heaters that won’t stop making a ruckus. The Modine was one of the few that were actually silent.
Apart from that, it’s not only meant for commercial use but for industrial use as well. This makes the Modine highly versatile and useful in all areas. And you know what they say; if it’s good for the industry it’s good for the home. As mentioned earlier, it has an efficiency of 80 percent, an optimal number for most heaters.
Most modern heaters tend to use sidewall or roof venting. But the Modine narrows that down to a tiny vent pipe. This
makes venting a whole lot easier, lesser complicated, and more effective. We would recommend this for users who want to
heat up larger spaces at a smaller cost.
- Quiet operation
- Certified for residential, commercial and industrial use
- Low profile design and neutral color
- Installs quickly and easily with field wiring connections and knockouts for quick access to gas and electricity
- Standard power exhaust simplifies side-wall or roof venting with small-diameter vent pipe
What We Like:
- 80 percent efficient.
- A good start to a plain-looking garage heater.
- The silent operation does not disturb sleeping individuals.
- Certified for use by both residences and industries.
- Uses a single pipe for venting the exhaust gasses.
- Heat output of 45,000 BTUs. Optimal for larger spaces and two car garages.
Heatstar by Enerco
One of the most important features of the Heatstar garage heater is that it is 99.9% fuel efficient. The heater really doesn’t get any better than that. Its uses are not only confined to the garage.
Instead, you can use it at your shop or warehouse to keep your workers warm, or you can use it at a poultry house or a farmhouse to keep your animals warm and toasty and to protect them from the intense cold.
It works to convert all of the energy from the fuel into safe and clean heat. Another great feature is that it doesn’t require electricity and has a thermocouple valve that can maintain the thermostat.
So basically all you have to do is connect the gas, set up the thermostat and mount the heater on the wall and you’re good to go.
The heater is highly durable can last for many years with minimal care, also is built from non-corrosive materials that further adds to the life of both the heater and the stuff you store it with for the summer.
It is to be used with natural gas and is not electricity dependent. The heater also has the capacity to effectively heat up to 500-600sq. ft. It uses Infrared heat to heat up the objects and people around itself which in turn help to heat up the entire room and the surrounding air.
Moreover, it is incredibly easy to install and has quiet, clean and odor free operation. And the fact that it doesn’t require electricity makes it a great choice for power outages.
•25,000 BTU per hour
•For use with Natural Gas
•Heats up to 500-600 sq. ft. (2-1/2 car garage)
•For use in low profile buildings with 7-8 ft. ceilings
•Efficient infared heat that directly heats people and objects which in turn heats surrounding air to desired temperature
•No electricity required – heats during power outages
•Easy to install
•No moving parts to service
•Quiet, clean, odor-free operation
•Non-corrosive materials used throughout construction
•40lb Propane cylinder tank capacity
•Animal pens and stalls
•Utility and Storage sheds
•Doorways/Ramps for snow prevention
DO NOT USE IN: Sleeping quarters, mobile homes, or recreational vehicles.
For elevations above 2000ft should be reduced at the rate of 4% for each 1000ft above sea level or as specified by local authority having jurisdiction
What We Like:
- Easy to install
- Quiet and clean operations
- You can use it in the garage, workshops or barns
- It includes a thermostat to regulate heat
- Doesn’t require electricity for operation
The Farenheat is an industrial grade heater. The heater operates on electricity. It has been designed to provide its user with the longest possible lifespan. The heater is highly durable and remarkably effective. It is a fan forced garage heater.
The heater only turns on the fan and allows for circulation of the heat once the room or area achieves the desired temperature. It works to keep the fan circulation automatically until the thermostat element cools down and the heating can begin again.
The heater works by the simple laws of physics. It works to get heat to all the nooks and crannies by use of convection. In fact, this feature allows its uses to be expanded beyond a garage heater. You can even use it in basements, workshops, barns or any other enclosed space.
The thermostat included with the garage heater allows you to have precise control over the temperature of your surroundings. You can also adjust it according to your specific garage conditions.
The Farenheat garage heater comes with a ceiling bracket that allows you to install it on the ceiling. This gives it
maximum exposure and allows it to spread its heat evenly all over your space without being in the way.
- COMPATIBILITY: Whether you need 208 or 240 volts, this heater is fully compatible with your electrical system.
- HEAVY DUTY HEATER: Warm-up just about any open space with this heater that provides long-term comfort solutions with its built-in single pole thermostat that adjusts from 45 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- CONTINUOUS COMFORT: If you have a large drafty space, this heater is ideal. Its powerful output means it can warm cold commercial areas, stores, service stations, spacious basements, and even outdoor areas like patios and workspaces.
- EASY TO USE: This heater includes a ceiling mounting bracket for vertical or horizontal mounting, or any position that suits your space. It has adjustable louvers, so you can aim your heat directly toward your desired area and change as needed.
- OUTPUT CONTROL: The high-level cutout automatically shuts off to prevent overheating and reactivates the heater when the temperature returns to normal. The built-in thermostat allows you to set your heat level to deliver as much warmth as you need.
What We Like:
- Ideal for garages, workshops, basements or outside buildings like barns
- The Farenheat is a heavy duty industrial sized heater with a thermostat that can adjust from 45°-135° Fahrenheit.
- Comes with a ceiling bracket for easy and efficient heat dispersal.
- Adjustable louvers to direct the flow of heat to the most desired area.
- It is a heavy duty heater that is industrial grade and will last many years.
Cadet RCP402S Space Heater
You don’t have to stop working in your garage if you have this space heater. Cadet RCP402S is the best choice to keep your garage and workplace warm.
If you want to do some painting in your garage, it makes it comfortable. The best thing about this heater is that it works well even if the insulation is not much. It comes with a built-in fan which takes care of the insulation.
What’s more? It optimally circulates the air in your garage. You can choose between the two settings of the heater which are high and low.
This heater comes with a capacity of 4000-Watt. It is a powerful portable heater which quickly makes your garage warm enough. This garage heater comes with a 20-gauge steel construction. It is strong enough to last for years to come.
Moreover, it comes with a bright red powder-coat paint finish. The finish of the paint is quite solid. It is durable and long-lasting.
You can either choose to mount it on the wall or use it as a portable heater. The choice is yours. Moreover, this heater
comes with a high-temperature safety feature. When your garage gets too hot, it automatically shuts down.
- 4000-Watt premium utility heater at 240 volts provides warmth for large hard to heat areas like garages and workshops
- Note: included 6 foot cord requires a NEMA #6-20 (polarized) 20 amp receptacle for operation. Please check your receptacle and/or with your electrician before purchase
- Includes bracket for wall mount or floor stand use
- Rugged USA made 20-gauge steel construction, with a baked-on powder coated paint finish for long-lasting wear
- Built-in Fan-Only switch provides comfortable air only circulation for summer months
What We Like:
- It gives you the choice to choose the heating system level according to your needs.
- The built-in high-temperature safety button automatically shuts the unit down.
- It comes with a heavy-duty bracket.
- You can easily mount it on the wall and can also use it as a portable heater without the need of fixing it on the wall.
- You can circulate the air in your garage or workshop with the fan-only mode.
- It is light-weight and compact.
- The heater is super quiet and easy to set-up.
- It is perfect for a small garage.
King KBP2406 Single Phase Paw Unit Heater
It is not a tough job for you to make your garage warm in winters. You can make your garage toasty and warm with this King portable heater. It is an efficient heat source that lets you stay comfortable in your garage.
This garage heater comes with a durable steel construction. It has the capacity to cover an area of up to 600 sq. feet. It is ideal for your small garage. You can convert the extra space into a cozy den.
This unit comes with an adjustable thermostat control so you can choose the heating level. You can select the degree of temperature and make your garage comfortable.
You can mount it on the wall or ceiling. Why does this matter? This heating unit comes with a strong bracket. It is designed to give to optimal heat output no matter where you place it. It does not waste your floor space.
The pic-a-watt feature allows you to select the wattage. Yes, you can choose the wattage level as well. For small areas choosing a low watt would be sufficient for you. Selecting the wattage is hassle-free.
It comes with a Patent Smart Limit Protection. You have peace of mind while using this heating unit. It meets the CSA
standards. Moreover, it comes with a 5- year warranty. What more do you want? You can use this heater for commercial
purposes as well.
- Original Pic-A-Watt Element
- Multiple wattage options, to tailor to a room’s specific heating requirements
- Patented Smart Limit Protection
- Built-in Thermostat
- Selector Switch: Fan/Heat/Off
- Long Life Cast Iron Motor
- Fan Delay To Dissipate Heat
What We Like:
- You can choose the heat level according to the size of your garage.
- The selectable wattage feature lets you choose the wattage manually.
- Comes with a summer fan that makes it ideal to use in both summer and winter.
- It comes with a stress-free 5-year warranty.
Dr. Heater DR966 Garage Commercial Heater
This Dr. Heater DR966 is a great solution for your garage heating problems. It comes with various features to spread gentle soothing heat while you stay busy with your work. Let’s have a look at its distinguishing features.
The most remarkable feature of this DR966 Garage Heater is its versatility. It allows you to adjust the temperature at different levels. If it is very cold outside, turn the thermostat at the temperature of 6000 watts. It will make you super warm really soon. However, if the weather is kind outside, turn the thermostat at 3000 watts temperature.
It comes with five adjustable Louvers. You can set their position their position to get the right direction of the air flow.
Additionally, this unit offers safety and nice assembly. You need to hardwire this unit in your main electric supply. In the result, the secure and orderly garage will be your outcome.
You can also fit this garage heater by plugging it inside the outlet. However, for this installment, prior checking of outlet power is very important.
This garage heater also comes with an option to hang it with either your wall or ceiling. In order to ensure easiness of this assembly process, it contains brackets.
It further possesses 8 inches fan. Don’t consider this feature if you can’t afford any kind of noise inside your garage. But, there is an amazing benefit. This fan circulates warm air inside the area. It thus helps in spreading soothing warmth at all parts of your garage.
Last but not least, this Dr. Heater comes with one year warranty for all its parts and labor.
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -14.5″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -13″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -14.5″.
- UL/CUL Listed Wall or Ceiling Mounted Heater; Bracket Included
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
- 5 Adjustable Louvers for to Direct Airflow
What We Like:
- With its great power, it can warm up large garage area easily.
- Because of its fixed installation, it prevents a number of accidents.
- It allows adjustment of air direction.
- With its thermostat, you can set the temperature according to your requirements.
- Its fan provides continuous and steady heat all around your garage.
Mr. Heater F260550 Big Maxx Heater
Mr. Heater is a name that speaks for itself when you are looking out for heating units. Thus, you can expect this Big Maxx to offer some outstanding performance. This heater provides an output of 50,000 BTU per hour. It means it is quite enough to warm your entire garage of up to 1250 sq feet.
It takes natural gas as its fuel. However, there is flexibility as well. It comes with Natural Gas to Liquid Propane conversion kit that means you can convert the fuel type according to your convenience. Moreover, as it used Natural gas, you won’t need to provide heavy electric supply for its working.
Its working involves a high-velocity electric fan. It takes the cold air inside at its rear part. After passing the air from the heat exchanger, it spreads the warm air all around.
This heater contains aluminum tubular heat exchanger. Thus, you can expect some great deal of efficiency from this product.
Moreover, as this fan takes only 115 volts, it consumes the total electricity of 6 amps. Now, this is a great boon for those who find heavy electricity consumption a big trouble.
Another worth mentioning aspect of this heater is its installation process. It is simpler as compared to other Gas units. The power exhaust gives venting at both horizontal and vertical direction. It thus gives you more choices when you are selecting for its right position.
The heater further possesses external access to AC terminals and controls. It comes with two angular brackets to get support from the ceiling. All these attributes assist you when you do its installation.
- 50,000 BTU per hour heats up to 1250 sq. ft.
- Powered exhaust allows for vertical or horizontal venting
- Easy outside access to thermostat and A/C terminals and gas connection
- Natural Gas to Liquid Propane conversion kit and 2 angle brackets for ceiling mount included
- Minimum 8 ft clearance from floor to base of heater required; Limited 3 year warranty on parts and burners and 10 year warranty on any defects in the heat exchanger
What We Like:
- An output of 50,000 BTU per hour is sufficient to heat up large garage spaces.
- Flexible to use in both indoors and outdoors.
- It doesn’t need a high amount of electric supply.
- It comes with three years factory warranty.
- The installation process is very simple
- It is a low profile design. You would only need one-inch
Best Garage Heater Buyers Guide For 2022-2023
As much as we love using our favorite heaters, it’s certainly no child’s play to decide on the perfect. Below, we have listed down a few criteria to look for when buying a garage heater for you.
Energy output will define exactly how much heat the heater will evolve. This will help in deciding which spaces the eater is good for and whether it’s any good for your garage. We would recommend anywhere from 4,000 to 7,000 BTUs for small and large single garages.
For two-car garages, anything from 13,000 to 20,000 BTUs works. Spacious three car garages can heat anywhere from 30,000 to 40,000 BTUs will do the trick. Four car garages need somewhere above 40,000 BTUs.
Heaters are of a few types. Conduction heaters use the method of conduction to heat the area. This means directly transferring heat to the surroundings, including the air, the floor, and the walls. A convection heater tends to use the flow of hot air and cold air.
It heats the air at the bottom and lets it flow to the top, thereby regulating the temperature. A radiant heater directly heats the objects and people in the room without the need for a medium. If you ask us, radiant heaters are the fastest type. However, convection heaters are present for the lower-budget users.
Efficiency defines how much fuel is converted into energy and how much is wasted. For example, 80 percent efficiency means that 80 percent of the fuel was used up. For radiant heaters, we recommend anywhere above 80 percent efficiency.
This will ensure that you’re not wasting anything. For conduction and convection heaters, anything above 70 percent will work. If you want an idea of the efficiency, take into account the fuel consumption per hour. For example, a 15,000 BTU heater will consume 6.1 gallons of fuel every hour. Lesser fuel means better efficiency. But this could also mean a lesser power heater.
Safety features are a must for every heater. Since we’re working with the heat here, the devices might end up causing an electrical or fire hazard. A few features to look for including an auto shut off feature. This immediately turns the heater off in case of threats.
This also works when the heater is tipped over, malfunctioning, or used in higher altitudes. An over-voltage and reverse polarity safety feature are also good choices. Most heaters have an overheating protection as well.
Installation is supposed to be pretty easy. We have yet to see any heater we liked which didn’t have an easy installation. Many heaters are pretty easy to install. Just plug in the device to a power socket and you’re good to go. Others may require more sophisticated work.
Radiant heaters tend to have very easy installations, especially if they’re propane or electric powered. For propane heaters, the setup requires hooking the tank up with the heater and light it up. We highly suggest reading through the user’s manual to learn how to install the unit.
Durability is one thing that must never be overlooked. A durable product is ten times better than a product that is good for the first few seconds. Durability in propane-powered heaters is decided by the strength of the heat exchanger and the durability of the burner.
Eclectic heaters depend on the life of the electric components in them. There is no sure way to check the durability before buying the product. So always make sure to get a decent warranty. In general, check the strength of all the parts and the screws/nuts.
Portability isn’t a general concern with heaters. We’re used to huge furnaces that take up half the basement. But if you really want to save up on space, then you should definitely look out for it. A good portable heater is small and compact and doesn’t need too much space to operate. You’ll want to get a portable heater especially if you’re short on space.
Some heaters have handles and carry bags, so if you can get one like that it would be par useful. Another thing to look for is a lightweight. The weight will not only decide how easy it is to carry but will also affect shipping costs. And if you want to return the product, then you’ll be paying for every pound. So make it as minimal as possible.
Price tends to differ not only from type to type but even brand to brand and among different variants. It can depend on anything from wattage, power, output, input, fuel type, heating type, and even quality and reputation.
Electric heaters tend to go as high as $700, but $400 or below are optimal. Propane heaters can be as expensive as $600, but you need only spend $300 or less. Radiant heaters definitely cost more than conduction or convection heaters. Their prices range from below $100 to over $400. Never go over budget or you risk going bankrupt.
Warranty is an essential factor to always be on the lookout for. Getting a good warranty normally means getting more reliability. Say, for example, your heater breaks down. If it’s still in the warranty period, it can be replaced and exchanged very easily. And you might even end up getting a refund. Warranties for heaters should last well over 5 years.
Do not accept a warranty below that, as many heaters tend to go bad within the first few months or years. Apart from the warranty, you can also avail of a return period. Return periods are essential for getting a refund or replacement. They also remove the formalities of a warranty claim
Garage heaters have once again saved your prized vehicles from jamming up in the winters. In short, if you plan on buying one, make sure to check for efficiency and lower power consumption. And if you’re really concerned, then get a good warranty plan as well.
As for you, we’d say just one thing: there is no better heating solution than the one you choose for yourself. If anything, we encourage you to try out your own brands and see which ones seem fit for you. Use our buying guide as a helping hand. But if you’re still not sure which one to pick then get out there and make your winters memorable with Mr. Heater MH9BX Garage Heater. The auto-shutoff feature saves you big time in case it gets tipped over or if the heater is at lower oxygen levels. We would recommend this if you’re looking to heat up your garage within minutes with best fuel efficiency. Being a radiant heater, you can expect everything inside to heat up rapidly.
After all, you want the car up and ready for your next winter trip. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Garage Heater Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel