Best Handheld Pool Vacuum Review Guide For 2023-2024
Best Handheld Pool Vacuum Review Guide For 2023-2024 – A pool is a luxury that gives us relief in the scorching heat of summers. It can add value to your life and give you a nice corner to have fun with your friends and family members. While pools are a lot of fun, they require heavy maintenance. Floating debris and leaves don’t only look unsightly but can contaminate pool water, invite flies, and restrict you from taking a splash.
To avoid these circumstances you need the best handheld pool vacuum. These special cleaners allow you to keep your pool well maintained without needing much effort.To save you the hassle, we have selected the best handheld pool vacuum cleaners. To see them keep reading our Best Handheld Pool Vacuum Review Guide For 2023-2024.
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
If you’re in search for a heavy duty handheld pool vacuum then Water Tech Pool blaster fits the bill. It is a very powerful unit with some amazing features.
- INCREASED POWER: The Max offers increased vacuum suction with the Water Tech P30 Motor design engineered for quick & efficient debris pick-up.
- WHOLE POOL CLEANER: Clean entire pool or Spot-Clean in seconds. Includes a removeable 10.5” vacuum head for general cleaning or simple remove to expose nose cone head for hard to get areas. Ideal for In-Ground pools and Above Ground Pools like Intex
- CAPTURE MORE DIRT: The Max features a large debris capture chamber and strong suction for a variety of cleaning; acorns, twigs, leaves dirt and sand.
- CORDLESS CLEANING: Perfect for quick and easy cleaning in the Swimming pool and Hot Tub or Spa. No hoses or cords needed.
- MORE RUN TIME: The lithium ion battery powered Max is designed to run up to 1 hour. Push-Button operation. Attaches to any standard telescopic pool pole. (telescopic pool pole not included)
Coverage: This rechargeable pool vacuum covers 1770 sq. feet of surface area when fully charged. This means that you won’t run out of charge in the middle of cleaning your pool.
Powerful: It’s rare to see battery powered units have amazing suction power like this one.
This 300 watt vacuum cleaner can swoop in debris, leaves, particles, sand, and algae from your pool like a pro.
If you want this handheld pool vacuum to make large sweep passes then that’s possible too since it has a 10-¾ head. This head can make longer passes and clean more surface area.
Runtime: You can easily use this pool cleaner to clean every nook and corner of your pool as it offers a runtime of an hour on a full charge. Moreover, it incorporates an angled head that makes it easier to clean hard to reach places such as corners, stairs.
Filter: There’s a multi-layered filter inside the unit that can take care of everything on its own. You won’t be needing separate bags for leaves and debris individually. This bag is large enough and the filtration is pretty strong, too.
What We Like:
- Comes with one reusable multi extreme filter.
- Lightweight (5.5 pounds) and easy to maneuver.
- Can do wider sweeps with the vacuum head of 10-¾.
- 1-year warranty.
Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner is one of the best handheld pool vacuum cleaners for a medium/large pool. It will take care of all kinds of debris like a pro. Moreover, the filter bag is super convenient to empty as well.
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft and Two Interchangeable Brush Heads
Intex is a lightweight handheld pool vacuum that has an adjustable pole. This pole is 94” in length and makes the cleaning job much easier.
- Strong, built-in Ni-MH rechargeable batteries for powerful suction capability
- Suitable for use with all PureSpas and above ground pools up to 18′ diameter
- Includes two interchangeable brush heads, USB cable for recharging, 94″ lightweight telesoping aluminum shaft, & shaft adapter to fit longer/wider telescoping aluminum shaft
- Automatic shutoff feature when vacuum is not submerged in water, IPX8 waterproof switch for added protection against water submersion
- Keep pool water clean by vacuuming out dirt and debris
- Must be submerged to operate properly.
Runtime: This unit will perform for about 50 minutes non-stop on a full battery. The runtime is not very good but that’s due to the Ni-MH battery. Do not let the time affect you since the unit works 2x faster than conventional options.
Telescoping Aluminium Pool: You get a 94 inches long telescope that is lightweight since it is made up of aluminum. Attaching this component increases the reach of the vacuum and makes it easier for you to clean corners and hard to reach places.
It offers a cleaning range of 18 diameters in spas and above ground pools.
Automatic Shut Off: Another amazing feature found on this unit is its ability to shut down automatically when not immersed in water. This feature helps save the battery.
Waterproof Switch: There’s an IPX8 waterproof switch on the unit that doesn’t malfunction when immersed in water.
What We Like:
- Comes with 2 interchangeable brush heads.
- Shaft adapter and USB cable are included.
- No cables to worry about.
- Lightweight – 4.7 pounds.
Intex Handheld Rechargeable Vacuum with Telescoping Aluminum Shaft and Two Interchangeable Brush Heads is a high quality pool vacuum cleaner that can clean above ground, small in-ground, and spas efficiently.
Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
If you own a smaller pool then consider this beauty. It starts automatically when immersed in water and works at a very good rate.
- POOL VACUUM CLEANER: Put ultimate pool cleaning power into your hands and enjoy a clean and clear pool all season with the help of the Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner
- HOW IT WORKS: 1 button makes running this pool vacuum as easy as possible. Vacuum mouth uses its bristles to scrub and loosen debris
- CLEANS ALL SURFACES: Works great on all kinds of pools and spas, and the motor doesn’t rely on your pool’s filter pump or flexible casing
- BATTERY OPERATED: Wireless, rechargeable battery operated pool cleaner
- FEATURES: Handheld operation with long, telescopic handle so you’re able to reach the bottom of the pool without bending over. See-through cover lets you see when filter bag is full
Efficient Cleaning: One of the most likable things about this vacuum pool cleaner is the overall mechanism.
It firsts scrubs the area (wall, floor) using bristles to loosen debris. Once done, it filters out the debris. This allows the unit to take care of even the most stubborn of debris.
Easier To Clean: The filter can be detached and washed. This makes it easier to handle the unit and also makes it more durable.
Power: This unit offers moderate suction power that will suck in small debris, smaller leaves, etc. It doesn’t do well with larger debris though.
Runtime: It can operate for 30 minutes consistently when fully charged. Hence, it is only suitable for smaller pools.
What We Like:
- Two modes (handheld and telescopic operation).
- Theilter is removable.
- The vacuum cleaner scrubs off debris first and then sucks it in.
- The basket cover is a see through (you will know when to empty it).
Kokido Telsa 30 Telescopic Rechargeable Electric Pool Vacuum Cleaner can be a good pick if you have a small pool. It works efficiently and can remove even the hardest of debris.
Water Tech Pool Blaster PRO 1500 Manual Swimming Pool Cleaner
Pool owners who want 3 times more cleaning in a single charge should consider this best handheld pool vacuum cleaner. That’s not even the best part about it, it comes with 3 separate filter bags.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: Engineered with the P40 Heavy Duty Pool Blaster engine, the Pro 1500 is powerful enough to capture golf ball sized debris as well as sand and silt. Perfect for any size swimming pool with or without Robotic Pool Cleaners.
- MULTI-POOL VERSATILITY: The Pool Blaster Pro 1500 includes a standard vacuum head for Vinyl pools, and a flexible vacuum head with polyurethane Ball-Bearings designed for Gunite pools.
- CORDLESS: Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery. Unlike Robotic Pool Cleaners, the Pool Blaster Pro 1500 is self-contained and can be attached to a standard pool pole or can be maneuvered using the integrated handle for greater precision. Works independently from pool filtration system, no hoses or cords needed.
- RUN TIME: Two batteries included, each providing up to an hour of run time, giving the Pro 1500 up to two hours of vacuuming at a time. (pole not included)
- WHATS INCLUDED: 14.9″ Vacuum Head w/Soft-Bristle Brush, 19″ Gunite Vacuum Head w/rollers, Vacuum Head Adapter, Wall Charger, (1) X-Treme Multilayered Filter Bag, (1) Sand & Silt Filter Bag, (1) All Purpose Filter Bag, (2) Lithium Ion Batteries, Shoulder Strap
3 Filter Bags: The unit comes with 3 separate filter bags that will help you clean dirt, debris. There’s a sand and silt bag that is used exclusively to clean grains, sand, and silt that accumulates on the pool floor.
The micro filter bag is used to collect smaller debris. Moreover, there’s an all-purpose bag to collect both smaller and large debris.
Extended Runtime: It comes with not one but two battery packs that offer a runtime of an hour each. This allows you to use the unit for two hours, making it possible to clean large pools.
Two Operating Modes: For smaller pools, you can use this unit by maneuvering it from the handle. For larger pools, you can attach it to the standard pole that comes with it. It will increase the reach and help you clean a large pool easily.
Flexible Head: The flexible 19 inch head is made up of high quality material. It has 12 polyurethane ball bearings as well. The head is wide enough to offer more coverage and take in a lot of debris in one go.
What We Like:
- 1-year warranty.
- Extended runtime with two battery packs.
- Extra filter bags make the job convenient.
- Can be attached to a standard pole to extend reach.
Water Tech Pool Blaster PRO 1500 Manual Swimming Pool Cleaner is ideal for pool owners who are in search of a longer running vacuum.
OASE 032232 Pondovac 4 Pond Vacuum Cleaner
This pool vacuum asks for little maintenance and offers amazing suction power that can cater to all kinds of debris.
- Max; Suction Depth: 7 Ft
- Suction Hose Length: 16 Ft
- Discharge Hose Length: 8 Ft, Max; Flow Rate: 1300 Gph
- Power Consumption: 1800W; Power Requirement: 110-120V/60Hz
Powerful: This unit operates at 1800 watts of power and incorporates a strong suction current that swoops in the most stubborn of debris easily. In fact, it has a suction depth of 7 feet so expect no particles, leaf or debris to escape from it.
The suction hose length is about 16 feet and the flow rate is 1300 gallons per hour.
Two Chambers: There’s a unique factor in this vacuum cleaner. It has two chambers that work alternatively. When one chamber is filled with debris, the other one automatically takes charge and begins to collect the debris. This makes it possible to work on bigger pools without having to worry about emptying the bag.
Long Cord: There’s a long 12 feet cord attached to the pool which can easily offer small pool cleanings. However, things can get a bit difficult if the pool is large.
What We Like:
- Wheels underneath for easier mobility.
- Sucks in leaves, twigs and needles too.
- Can collect both smaller and bigger particles.
- Durable body.
OASE 032232 Pondovac 4 Pond Vacuum Cleaner might be a non rechargeable pool vacuum but it has a long cord that can easily be plugged into a socket or an extension. It offers good suction power and lasts for long.
OASE 602401853010 Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner
This OASE Pond Vacuum Cleaner has good suction power. You can enhance its abilities by connecting various attachments to it.
- Max. Suction depth: 6 ft.High-power suction to a depth of 59 inch.Maximum suction depth of 78 inch
- Suction hose length: 13 ft
- Operating voltage: 110-120 Volt / 60Hz. Power consumption: 1200-1400w
- Power cable length: 13 ft
- Limited Warranty: 2 years
Power: It is equipped with a 1200w motor that offers a suction power of 6 feet in depth. Hence, it is perfect for pool up to 6 feet in depth.
Automatic Dishchare: Apart from having powerful suction, this unit automatically begins to discharge the collected contents when the bag gets full. This feature saves you from having to manually empty the contents.
Multiple Attachments: You can attach a variety of attachments to clean various surfaces and objects. The nozzle can clean up flat surfaces, gravel, debris, and string algae as well. This makes it a versatile pond vacuum cleaner.
What We Like:
- 2-year warranty.
- Long cable – 13 feet.
- 1.6 feet of extension tube.
- An easier to empty debris bag.
OASE 602401853010 Pondovac Classic Pond Vacuum Cleaner can be a good vacuum cleaner for smaller pools. It is easy to use but may not be suitable for very big pools.
PoolSupplyTown Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner
This pool vacuum operates when you connect it to your garden hose. The pressure received from the hose creates a venturi effect that draws in debris, leaves, and floating dirt. Thus, you won’t have to move its head on every spot of the pool.
Moreover, it can also attach to a standard pole (1-¼ inches) for more reach.
- For assembly and operation, watch this video link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-kDzRiNZaM) for reference
- This item DOES NOT come with pole. You need a standard 1-1/4″ telescopic pool pole to vacuum (Not included)
- Use water pressure from your garden hose to suck up debris. It is portable and handy to use
- The water pressure from your hose will create a venturi effect,drawing leaves and other debris into the collection bag
- Ideal for above ground and inflatable pool, spa, waterfall, fountain, and pond. No pump-filter circulation system or electric power required
Electricity Efficient: Since you don’t need to attach it to a filter pump, this unit consumes very little power. As a result of which, you’ll notice a decrease in the electricity bill.
Plus, it does not require much maintenance since it isn’t connected to a pump. As a result, there isn’t much strain on the unit.
Easier To Use: There’s not a lot of attaching and detaching involved in this vacuum pool cleaner. All you need to do is connect it to your garden hose and you’re good to go. However, it may not be very good at removing sand.
To improve its ability to collect sand, consider attaching 2 nylon socks to the bag. It can make the unit more effective.
Suction: This isn’t as powerful as the other pool vacuums that we reviewed but still, it can create a good amount of suction for smaller pools. It can suck in bugs, leaves, and debris easily.
What We Like:
- Economical handheld pool vacuum.
- Attaches to any garden hose.
- Performance largely depends on water pressure
- Clears leaves, dirt, sand (attach a sock), debris, etc.
PoolSupplyTown Mini Jet Vac Vacuum Cleaner might not be the best handheld pool vacuum on the list but for the money, it is quite amazing.
Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum w/Rechargeable Battery
This robot pool cleaner is good at clearing debris, leaves, dirt, and sand. It offers an extended runtime, asks for little maintenance, and is meant to last for a long time.
- Handheld pool vacuum with rechargeable battery (charger included)
- Rechargeable Lithium ion battery includes superior benefits such as an extended life, no memory effect when charging/discharging the battery, and constant performance for 40 minutes.
- Completely submergible body takes away debris from pool floor and filters waters
- Includes 2 interchangeable heads: 1 head to clean corners and 1 head to clean surfaces
- Connects to the included 5 section pole for a total length of 87 inches
Battery Powered: You don’t need to worry about a short cord or limited reach since it is battery operable. It supports lithium batteries that last for a good amount of time.
Runtime: On a full charge, this unit will perform consistently for about 40 minutes. This much time is enough to clean small and mid-sized pool.
Lightweight: It weighs 4.65 pounds only which is why handling it is a breeze. You can easily immerse it inside the pool and clean every corner without any difficulty.
Suction: It offers decent suction but may not be able to get rid of old debris that gets attached to the surface. It would stir it rather than sucking it in.
Bag: The bag is kind of small, hence you will have to handle it every now and then. However, since it is easy to connect and disconnect, the task will not be much of a trouble.
Two Heads: You will receive 2 heads that can be interchanged – one for clearing corners and one for cleaning surfaces.
What We Like:
- Can clean vinyl pools, too.
- Offers 87 inches of length in total.
- Comes with two heads.
Bestway 58422E-BW Aqua Powercell Handheld Pool Vacuum w/Rechargeable Battery holds good amount of charge but offers average suction power. It’s only suitable for people who clean the pool regularly so there isn’t much work to do for the cleaner.
Best Handheld Pool Vacuum Buyers Guide For 2023-2024
It’s important to know about all the important factors to consider before purchasing a handheld vacuum cleaner. We have listed some of the best options above, yet it’s vital that you know about all the factors that should influence your decision.
Let’s get to know more:
Power: You cannot just get any pool cleaner and expect it to finish the job quickly. You need to choose a pool cleaner depending on the size of your pool.
If you have a big pool, you need to pick a unit that has a powerful motor. A motor of 1000 watts or more will suffice for a pool that’s 15 feet or bigger. It will offer good suction power and swoop in the most stubborn of particles easily.
Coverage: If you have a large pool, then go for a pool cleaner that offers a coverage area of at least 1500 sq. feet or more. Apart from that, check if it can be attached to a pole, this would increase the reach and the coverage area. You can then clean off the corners and walls with great ease.
Runtime: For smaller and medium sized pools, a vacuum cleaner with good suction power and a runtime of at least 30 minutes will do. However, if you own a larger pool then go with a unit that offers at least 1 hour of runtime.
Filter Bag: Choose a pool cleaner that has a bigger filter bag so that you don’t have to empty it again and again in the middle of the cleaning session.
Head Flexibility: The pool cleaner’s head plays a vital role in offering smooth maneuverability. Pick a unit that has a wide angled head and which is flexible, too. This will ensure you can clean every nook and corner.
Battery/Cord: This is a no brainer. If you want to have no reach problems then go with a product that doesn’t have a cord.
In other words, choose a cleaner that is battery operable. If you want to go for a corded device, then make sure to pick one that has a long cord – at least 12 feet.
These were the 8 best handheld pool vacuum cleaners that you can get for your pool. Make sure to choose one that offers all the features that you need so that you can enjoy all the benefits it has to offer. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Handheld Pool Vacuum Review Guide For 2023-2024.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel