Best Hunting Bibs for Cold Weather Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Hunting Bibs for Cold Weather Review Guide For 2022-2023 – No matter which type of hunting you like the most, one thing is common and obvious: having the right outerwear may make a difference on your hunting experience and performance. Your gear has to help you remain silent, dry, concealed, still so that you can be successful in your hunt.
Some hunting clothing performs better in a wet environment, while other is better for the summer, so it’s highly important to choose your hunting clothing according to the weather conditions as well.
In this review guide, I’ll show you some best hunting bibs for cold weather that you can use on stands in this late season. To find out even more keep reading our Best Hunting Bibs for Cold Weather Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Legendary Whitetails Men’s HuntGuard Reflextec Camo Hunting Bibs
Say hi to another fantastic piece of hunting clothing gear, the Legendary hunting bib. It performed exquisitely and earned high grades in most of my tests, so let’s see what it has to offer.
This bib implements the Reflextec weather protection paired with Huntguard built-in padding that keeps you comfortable and warm. It withstands even temperatures below 0, and if it gets warmer, the liner is removable.
What also impressed me is how quiet hunting these bibs offer, and I sing the praises of the silent micro-suede shell, as well as quiet zippers.
Big Game 360 pattern blends very well to the surroundings, though it might not be the best in the snow. Still, if there are a lot of trees, you will be as stealthy as with any white camouflage pattern.
The Nanotec Scent Protection with SmartSilver Permanent works in two ways: first, it blocks human scent from your prey, so that you can get closer. Additionally, it is a sweatproof technology that enhances the breathable material.
Moisture is not the only thing that the Legendary hunting bib protects you of. This combination of polyester, high-quality membrane, lining, and insulation kept me isolated from the wind, as well.
Easy Put On/Off:
There are full-length, two-way zippers on both sides of the bib so that you can take it off in a matter of seconds, without having to take your boots off.
If you’re anywhere like me and like to wear a lot of hunting gear accessories, such as the wind tracker, compass, glasses…
I was pleased to learn that these bibs contain a lot of pockets, especially cargo pockets, which means that your items inside are safe.
The extra-long combined rise and inseam are altered by adjustable straps so that it can fit 30-34’’ inseams. This is pretty much the universal fit!
- 100% Polyester
- Machine Wash
- outer shell – 100% polyester, membrane – 100% polyurethane, lining – 100% polyester/inner liner shell – 100% nylon, insulation – 100% polyester, lining – 100% nylon
- machine wash
- water-resistant and breathable
- full length two-way leg zippers
- extra-long combined rise and inseam with adjustable straps for a more universal fit
- huntguard® integrated padding designed for hunters
- removable liner
- Weave type: Knit
- Can withstand sub-zero temperature
- Removable Reflextec liner
- Anti-odor technology
- Integrated padding
- Wind and water-resistant
- Adjustable straps for a universal fit
- Lots of pockets (especially cargo)
- Easy to wash
- Easy to take off and put on due to the full-length zippers
- The pattern does not blend in perfectly into white scenery
Rivers West Waterproof Windproof Camouflage Fleece Hunting Gear – Ambush Bib
The Ambush hunting Bib offers a unique design that fights heavy cold and keeps you warm. The included water repellent and wind proof exterior shell in this bib is a force to reckoned with in the industry. What this does is to give you warmth insulation and absolute waterproof protection for cold weather hunt.
Worry Free From Rain and Wind:
This Bib also comes with an ultra quiet fleet interior, and a thick Sherpa fleece lining. These features are loaded with a heavy-duty two way front zipper and double storm packet to protect you from the rain and the wind.
Easily Remove Your Boots:
You will see a 20-inch boot zippers with magnetic closures to enable you to put on/off your hunting boots easily. Both legs have zippers on the side up to the hips.
Easy to switch to hunting pants:
The zippers function petty well, but they do make a bit of noise. As an added bonus, this bib easily converts to a pair of pants when they heat up.
5 Convenient Pockets:
In addition, it also sports two chest and two interior sherpa lined hand pockets that add to the elegant appeal of this bib. You will also get to see an oversized cargo on the pockets. It has 5 zipper pockets; one at the upper chest, one at the hip and one on each legs.
- Made in the USA or Imported
- WATERPROOF/WINDPROOF OVERALL – The Rivers West Ambush Bib is a breathable waterproof fleece overall designed for outdoors activities in the wind and rain, ideal for late season hunting in cold temperatures
- MICRO-FLEECE EXTERIOR & SHERPA-FLEECE LINING – This camo hunting coverall utilizes a 5. 2 oz. micro-fleece exterior coupled with a 9. 4 oz. Sherpa-fleece lining which makes the product the warmest 2-layer AWF outwear on the market
- MULTIPLE POCKETS – The Ambush Bib features 2 large zippered chest pockets, 2 cargo pockets with oversized D-rings, 2 interior sherpa lined handwarmer pockets that offer a great deal of storage
- MULTIFUNCIONAL HUNTING COVERALL – This windproof fleece overall incorporates heavy duty 2-way zipper, elasticized back waist, 18? boot zippers with storm fly and double storm placket for your comfort
- CONVERTIBLE TO PANTS – The quiet storm cold weather bib has reversed buckle suspender belt which converts bibs to pants
- Reversed Buckle Suspender Belt
- Can convert bibs to pants
- Keeps you warm and dry
- Lined Hand Warmer Chest Pockets
- Makes a little bit of noise when unzipping
SITKA Men’s Insulated Fanatic Bib
I found Sitka’s Fanatic bib to be the perfect bib for late-season, cold days that will protect you to the fullest. Although it offers such reliable protection, the layers and the whole construction of the bib are nowhere near baggy. I’d describe them as spacious and comfortable.
For The Stealthy Hunt:
The whitetail treestand pattern was utilized so that you can blend in with the surroundings well. The bib keeps you concealed to a satisfactory level. However, one thing I must note is that there is a possibility that deer can observe blue and gray colors on the bib.
The success and stealth of your hunt are also enhanced with the fact that the materials, as well as all the parts of the bib (zippers, buttons, etc.), are ultra-quiet. You can cut the audible distance to your deer in half and easier to shoot your deer.
Keeps the warmth:
As I mentioned, this bib performed great in the coldest weather precisely. Its enhanced high-loft Berber fleece-face can withstand any temperature (from 8 to 30 degrees) for more than 3 hours.
One thing I noticed: It is made mainly for sitting on treestand. Of course, you can move and walk with it, but make sure to open the zippers, or you will sweat, and you can get cold then.
Wind And Waterproof:
Due to carefully utilized Gore-Tex Infinium and Windstopper systems, this textile is completely windproof through a lightweight and breathable membrane. I also tested it out in harsh weather conditions, and it turned out to be completely water-resistant.
Another thing I was pleased with is that there was plenty of storage for everything I wanted to bring with me on the hint. There are large multi-chambered cargo pockets with silent snaps for a smooth and quiet slip.
Another ode to the zippers that go down the side of the bib for the easy put on and off, and suspenders that are extra elastic and adjustable. I felt as if this bib was tailored to my body, and you will, too!
- 100% Polyester
- Made in the USA or Imported
- No closure
- Machine Wash
- SCIENCE OF SOUND – The new Fanatic system Including Fanatic Bib allows a hunter the ability to move with more confidence by cutting the audible engagement distance in half
- LARGE MULTI-CHAMBER CARGO POCKETS WITH SILENT SNAPS – Provide stealthy access to gear, customized storage for a wind indicator or phone, and secure zippered storage
- FABRIC – Enhanced high-loft Berber fleece-face provides excellent warmth and comfort, mapped burr-resistant textile on leg and gusset prevents burr pickup in key areas
- TECHNOLOGIES – GORE-TEX INFINIUM which makes the beanie waterproof, windproof and breathable, and WINDSTOPPER Technology which allows moisture vapor to easily escape
- INSULATION – Mapped 120-gram PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft ultra-insulation on torso and mapped 80-gram PrimaLoft Silver Hi-Loft ultra-insulation on legs
- Whitetail treestand pattern that allows you to blend in well
- Breathable and lightweight fleece that keeps warmth
- Wind stopper
- Smart pocket layout
- Zippers go all the way down
- Easily removable suspenders
- Super-quiet material
- A bit heavy
- Mainly for sitting on treestand (if you don’t open the zippers)
Under Armour Men’s Grit Bib
Under Armour is a household name for sports equipment – and its products are known for their quality. With that in mind, it’s no surprise that their hunting bib made it into our roundup! During testing, the Under Armour hunting bib performed exquisitely. So, keep reading and find out what this bib is all about!
This hunting bib is made out of 100% polyester. Thanks to this choice of material, the bib repels water perfectly. So, you will stay dry hunting – even during rainstorms and other challenging weather conditions. Plus, it’s available in three different camo colors. The outer layer is made out of heavy-duty nylon, which has a canvas-like feel. The nylon layer makes this bib extremely durable, even after years and years of consistent use. So, if you are on the market for a long-lasting bib, this is undoubtedly the one!
Keeps Hunter Warm:
What we liked about this bib is the fleece liner inside. It comes with Scent Control technology, which wicks moisture to keep you dry – even when you’re sweating excessively. What’s more, it keeps your scents “locked” inside the bib, ensuring that you’re undetected by nearby animals at all times. The woven overlays further extend the durability of this bib. But more importantly, they protect you from frost during the winter months. All in all, you can count on staying dry and warm in this bib year-round!
Side Zips Convenience:
All the great features we talked about so far won’t matter much if the bib isn’t convenient.But luckily enough, Under Armour thought of virtually everything when designing this grit bib! This bib even comes with knee-high side zips, which give you fast boot access. As if that wasn’t enough, this handy addition makes the bib extremely easy to put on and take off when you’re in a rush!
As a hunter, you need a lot of hunting gears right by your side – and usually, you cannot waste any time searching through a duffel bag or a backpack for it. Under Armour recognized the need for lots of easy-to-reach “storage” and gave us six extra-deep pockets! This model comes with two arms, two cargo, and two chest pockets. Meaning, you can carry everything you need – right in your bib!
Last but not least, this bib comes with heavy-duty elastic suspenders, which are durable and surprisingly comfortable. For maximum convenience, the suspenders are adjustable in three different ways! With the 31.5” inseam, this bib is more than comfortable. And thanks to the loose fit, you will be able to move around without feeling like your bib slowing you down. However, do note that the Under Armour bib runs smaller compared to the standard size.
- 100% Polyester
- UA Storm technology repels water without sacrificing breathability
- Heavy duty nylon face has a canvas like feel & delivers extreme durability season after season
- Scent Control fleece liner wicks sweat to keep you dry & undetected in the field
- Woven overlays for added durability & protection where you need it
- Knee high side zips for quick boot access & easy on/off
- Heavy-duty, adjustable suspenders
- Loose fit
- Lots of pockets
- Easy to put on/take off
- Durable design
- Waterproof and windproof
- Smaller than standard sizing
Best Hunting Bibs for Cold Weather Buying Guide For 2022-2023
WHAT MAKES A GOOD HUNTING BIB?
There are many features that a good hunting bib should have. First of all, it should slide quickly and quietly, just like your comfortable trousers around the house.
A good hunting bib needs to perform well in difficult conditions and has to meet the balance between heavy duty and lightweight. It has to give you freedom on the move, especially in the knee area and the back.
An athletic fit is not bad at all for a hunting bib as you might not overlay every single time you go hunting. Even when you use hunting underwear underneath the hunting bib, this still is not supposed to feel bulky. It still has to let you move freely, with your mid-season base-layers on.
For the winter time though, in order not to gain too much weight and end up feeling bulky, it’s better to go for an insulated hunting bib. This way you won’t have to overlay that much as your winter hunting bib will keep you warm also.
A good hunting bib is solid and comes with articulated knee and seat system. That means is great when it comes to intensive wear and brings comfort just as well. The hunting bib comes with lower leg zips to put it easy over your boots or tuck it into some higher boots.
Many hunting bibs feature chest hand and thigh pockets which means multiple storage options for you, in a comfortable way. The larger and more expandable these pockets are, the better the options for storage. But, this is a personal liking also, as some prefer less and smaller pockets.
The pattern of the fabric of your hunting bib is also a thing to look for as you might prefer a Camo, which gives you the perfect hide into surroundings. The efficiency of the Camo might be seen on how much you hunt, even though it’s not a sure thing.
If you find a hunting bib with scent control feature, don’t sit on a fence and get it fast! It’s important to remain scent free when hunting so you can try all the tips to make your body scent disappear before hunting.
Breathable, waterproof are also important features for your hunting bib. It has to give you also some protection against wind, even though the main protection comes from your jacket or the mid-layer hunting clothing.
A good hunting bib takes great the elements and no thorns may tear it apart. And it’s able to stick around for some hunting seasons as it’s heavy duty and long lasting.
CHOOSING YOUR HUNTING BIB’S SIZE:
Getting the right size for your hunting bib might is a tricky job as many manufacturers have various sizing charts, but some tips are more common.
When you choose your hunting bib, it’s always wise to go up a size. Most of the hunting bibs are larger in some area, but they still need to fit your biggest part of the waist. The bib has to be big enough to fit around the waist at the belly button, but many hunters size up several inches from their regular pant size when getting the hunting bibs.
Take notice of the length of your hunting bib as the bigger it is, the longer it gets. This is why men with thick build buy hunting bibs shorter than their normal length.
In the end, your hunting bib needs to give you a good overall fit. Add some 4 to 6 inches when go choose the size of the hunting bib so that you can have plenty of room for your underneath clothing. The same principle applies to the insulated hunting bib also.
Q: What Are Hunting Bibs?
A: Hunting bibs are a piece of attire worn by hunters in much the same way as overalls.
Their strapped shoulder segments allow a hunter to layer as desired to produce the level of warmth that is needed.
You can purchase most bibs in an insulated form, with a wide range of insulation ratings available.
You can pack them into your treestand or ground blind, for use as needed. This prevents a hunter from sweating and producing excessive odor when walking to the stand.
Q: What Do You Wear Under A Hunting Bib?
A: Much of what a hunter chooses to wear under their bibs comes down to a matter of personal preference.
In colder climates, thermal underwear topped with a quality base layer and light outerwear tend to work quite well.
All-season pants and a top of a similar fashion is commonly worn.
When hunting in extremely cold weather, this list of clothing can be modified to include an insulated jacket.
Wearing a jacket or parka under a pair of bibs allows layering to take place. A second jacket can be worn as an outer shell if warranted by temperatures.
Q: What Is The Best Way To Care For Hunting Bibs?
A: Care for your hunting bibs in a nearly identical fashion as the rest of your hunting garments.
Wash them in a manner that preserves their integrity, as well as eliminates the chance of any foreign odors being introduced.
The “How To Wash Hunting Bibs” segment below will cover exact washing instructions.
After washing and drying your bibs, store them away from any source of unnatural odor.
Store them in:
- Scent-free tote
- Plastic zip-lock clothing bag
- Ozone generating closet
Q: How To Size/Measure Hunting Bibs?
A: Hunting bibs are sized in much the same way as any other pair of pants that are purchased.
- First, you need to know your waist dimension.
- Second, you need to know your inseam measurement
- Order a pair of bibs with a waist size that is one size bigger than what you normally wear in pants. This provides room for layering underneath.
Q: How Bibs Benefit Hunting?
A: Hunting bibs offer several distinct advantages:
The use of bibs when hunting allows you to layer in a way that keeps you in a stand or your blind for a longer period of time.
They allow ample layering to keep a hunter warm in even the harshest of environments.
The use of bibs is also conducive to better archery marksmanship. Clothing that restricts your upper body mobility leads to poor form and missed shots.
There is no attached fabric to restrict your range of motion. Aiding in the keeping of proper form when the moment of truth arrives.
Q: What Kind Of Hunting Uses Bibs?
A: This is especially true when the particular scenario forces you to remain motionless, in one location for a period of time.
- Whitetail deer hunting and predator hunting: they are 2 such scenarios when bibs are commonly worn.
- Turkey hunting: in northern states that see cold weather well into April and early May, many hunters choose to wear bibs when turkey hunting.
- Elk hunting: lightweight, uninsulated bibs are also commonly worn by early-season hunters, or those that must remain mobile such as elk hunters.
Q: How To Wash Hunting Bibs?
- Wash the bulk of hunting bibs with the use of a washing machine, much as would be the case with any other garment.
- Dry a pair of bibs, using a typical dryer set to tumble dry.
- Many hunters air dry their bibs to maximize service life, and protect their fabric structure.
- Always consult garment specific directions for a full range of washing and drying instructions.
- Never use a detergent that is scented or features UV brighteners when washing your hunting clothes, as this will negatively impact hunting success.
These are pretty much all that you need to know to get the best hunting bibs. With this review guide, I believe you are going to make the right choice of buying a hunting bib that you will be proud of.
But, if you’re yet to decide on which hunting bibs to choose, the one which managed to stand out to us is the Rivers West Waterproof Windproof Camouflage Fleece Hunting Gear – Ambush Bib. With that said thanks for taking the time to read our Best Hunting Bibs for Cold Weather Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Earmuffs For Shooting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Longboards For Beginners Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Camping Lanterns Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Most Popular Gorilla Grip Original Durable Natural Rubber Door Mat Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Hitch Bike Racks Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel