Best Organic Fertilizers Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Organic Fertilizers Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Do you have plants around your home that you use for food, or just for decoration? If so, you’re probably aware of the proper care that must be given to them, so that they can blossom and bear fruit.
Gardening is work that can be either hard or easy, but much of that depends on the beginning steps that are undertaken before the plants begin to sprout up.
Below are ten organic fertilizers that aid in fast plant growth and health. They contain no artificial ingredients, no genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and are certified by the Organic Materials Review Institute (ORMI). To find out even more keep reading our Best Organic Fertilizers Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Unco Industries (WWSB15LB) : Best Organic Fertilizer For Indoor and Outdoors (Editor’s Choice)
The Unco Industries Wiggle Worm Soil Builder comes in a tough plastic bag without a seal. If you plan on storing it for some time, you could put it in a separate container to keep the moisture inside. The ingredients are mostly earthworm castings or vermicompost.
They have lots of healthy bacteria that grows from the waste, which helps increase plant growth at a high rate of speed. The product has been sifted through before shipment, so there’s less work for you to do when it arrives.
No seeds exist in the Wiggle Worm Soil, so you won’t see any weeds sprouting when placed into the ground. And moisture will stay in the bag for a while, so long as you’ve stored it properly. But while it does work at a quick rate, some people may not notice much growth in the first week, especially those with indoor plants.
Make sure that you empty out your pot of any chemically produced fertilizers before you begin, and check the water level periodically. Doing so should see results and lower the time it will take for your young plants to get off the ground. Overall, the Wiggle Worm Soil Builder is a great fertilizer to have for indoor and outdoor vegetation.
- Organic fertilizer – Pure earthworm castings
- Excellent for houseplants, vegetables, flowers and more
- Non-toxic and odor free
- Just a handful will make your plants happy
- The material has been sifted through prior to packaging
- There are no seeds within the soil builder, which reduces the chances of weeds growing
- Water stays in the soil longer, lowering the number of times that manual watering will need to be done
- Growth may start slowly in the early stages
EarthPods Easy Indoor Plant Food : Best Organic Fertilizer For Easy Application (People’s Choice)
Right off the bat, you will be able to tell easily that EarthPods cares about the environment. Their INdoor Plant Food is a fertilizer that comes in pill form, which absorbs into the soil once applied. The container is also made from recycled materials and biodegradable. It’s a small cup but has 100 capsules in total.
Use them for your plants, small trees and scrubs. You’ll see growth quickly, but the product is also safe to use with other heavy fertilizers if you wish.
Application is lightning fast. Just pop them in the soil making sure to do it in strategic locations where the bacteria will reach the plant best. Roots and the center portion around the stem are good places.
You’ll like using them so much that you might not even notice how quickly you’ll run out. If you’re okay with getting more than one cup for a large number of plants, then the EarthPods Easy Indoor Plant Food would be the second best fertilizer for you.
- NO MESSY LIQUIDS / NO CONFUSING MEASURING SPOONS / NO STINKY SMELL — 1 tube = 100 EarthPods pre-measured plant fertilizer capsules (a 5-year supply for a single special houseplant or use on big collection of indoor house plants)
- CONCENTRATED PREMIUM ALL PURPOSE ORGANIC PLANT FOOD — Supports robust root growth, strong stem development, enhances leaf color vibrancy, creates rich loamy soil over time for all your indoor & outdoor plants
- SO FAST & EASY TO APPLY — Push 1 EarthPod all the way into the root zone near the center of your plant, then just water! (EarthPods will break down & slowly release nutrients direct to roots where it counts)
- PROPRIETARY FORMULA FOR SUPERIOR RESULTS — Slow release fertilizer robust with a large variety of organic plant nutrients, trace minerals, soil life & humates, all in a form immediately available for plant uptake
- ECO FRIENDLY & COMPACT — Tube stores easily on your kitchen shelf + recycle the empty paperboard packaging printed with soy inks when done (EarthPods are pet, child, eco-friendly, vegan + 100% sustainably made in the USA)
- With the product, dissolving in liquid shouldn’t be necessary for most plants
- Since the plant food is encased in small pods, applying can be done within seconds
- Safe to use in potted gardens both indoors and outdoors
- Depletes fast; people with lots of pottery or large gardens may need more than one case
Jobe’s Organics Vegetable & Tomato Fertilizer : Best Organic Fertilizer For Small Gardens
Jobe’s Organics Vegetable and Tomato Fertilizer, as the name implies, contains bits of decomposing tomato and several other fruits/veggies.
The combinations make for a great bacterial increase, whereby your budding plants will begin to germinate in record time.
In fact, that’s what this product is best for, so use it when you’re into the beginning stages of growing your plants.
If you want to bring it outdoors, throw some into your garden and watch how green all of your plants become. The fertilizer does contain a strong smell though, which should be expected. It can get a little annoying at times, so be sure that you don’t work with it wearing your best clothing.
- Organic granular fertilizer; Fast acting fertilizer for vegetables and tomatoes for a more abundant harvest
- OMRI listed for organic gardening by USDA; Certified organic means no synthetic chemicals
- Contains Jobe Biozome; Extremely aggressive proprietary microorganism archaea that aggressively breaks down material for faster results
- Jobe’s Biozome improves soil conditions; Helps your garden resist disease, insects, drought and other unfavorable conditions within a growing season
- Easy pour bag; Fertilizer analysis: (2-5-3) 1.5 pound resealable bag, (2-5-3) 4 pound bag, (2-5-3) 16 pound bag
- Ideal for youthful plants that have just begun to sprout
- Allows citrus plants to grow very fast, results will be seen within the first two weeks
- Ingredients list a varied combination of bacteria; non-synthetic materials included
- Contains a very strong odor that won’t go away quickly
Neptune’s Harvest Organic Hydrolized : Best Organic Fertilizer For House Plants Amazon’s Choice
The Neptune’s Harvest Organic Hydrolized is a remarkable fertilizer with a very long shelf date. That’s common among fertilizers, but the big advantage is consistency.
Instead of a big bag of waste material, the solution is liquid and contains fish extracts and seaweed. These can be used on plants of any age, so pour a little into the ground around any dying plants that you want to revive.
You will see them rejuvenate within a week’s time. But just like the previously viewed product, this one also contains a very strong odor.
You wouldn’t want to get it on your skin if you can, so consider wearing gloves unless you want your finger to smell like fish for the rest of the day. Still, Neptune’s Harvest is an outstanding fertilizer that’s good for outdoor garden plants, or any house plants you want to feed.
- Grow a beautiful vegetable garden
- Flowers and foliage will be stronger and more colorful
- Blooms will be more plentiful, fragrant and longer lasting
- Easy to mix and apply by hand, sprayer, or drip line
- The product lasts for a very long time and can be used months after purchase
- Produces good yields for both home fruits and veggies
- Contains seaweed and fish extracts, a combination that’s known to encourage a plant’s natural ability to produce sugars
- If the fertilizer touches the skin, the smell will linger for a long time, even after washing
- Must be mixed with water prior to treatment
Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer Poly Bag : Best Organic Fertilizer For Fast Germination Amazon’s Choice
The Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato, Vegetable, and Herb Fertilizer comes in a medium-sized bag that’s resealable.
Ingredients have no GMO or artificially produced material; what you’re getting is all natural compost made by a brand with a great reputation.
This brand has been certified by OMRI and lists it on the bag itself. There are also instructions for beginners or those who have varied plants and must prep them differently.
It’s easy to follow, so save the bag if you’re not going to use it right away for later reading. And while growth will be noticeable once you’re using it, it might not be faster than that of your natural compost. Regardless, give the Dr. Earth brand a try if you want an all-purpose fertilizer for your plants.
- For more nutritious and tasty vegetables
- Optimum levels of primary plant nutrients
- Contains no GMOs, chicken manure or sewage sludge
- Feeds for several months
- Made with 100% organic and natural ingredients
- Contains pro-biotic, seven champion strains of beneficial soil microbes plus ecto and endo mycorrhizae
- More abundant crops; More nutritious and tasty vegetables
- 100 percent natural and organic; Exceptional results because nutrients are released quickly; Feeds for several months; Consistent premium quality
- Eight select strains of ecto and Endo Mycorrhizae contribute to drought tolerance, enhanced nutrient availability and increased plant performance
- 100-Percent organic formula provides optimum levels of essential plant nutrients; eliminates the need for chemical fertilizers when used as directed
- No GMOs or other unnatural components
- Tested and certified by OMRI for having organic and probiotic compounds in the ingredients
- Easy to follow instruction listed on the back of the bag
- Although the product is effective, growth may not be comparable to that of natural composting from home
Plant Magic Plant Food 100% Organic Fertilizer : Best Organic Fertilizer For Outdoor Fruit Amazon’s Choice
Plant Magic Plant Food is another completely organic fertilizer with some serious revival capabilities.
If you place it in the soil of a nearly dead plant in your garden, chances are high that it will be green again within weeks. But that’s not the only thing this bag is good for.
Use it for indoor scrubs and/or fruit, taking the proper steps to moisturize if portions of the bag are dry.
Additionally, the bag itself will probably be depleted very fast, so get more than one if your garden is big or your plants are large.
- EASY & ALL PURPOSE – It’s simple to grow healthy plants and beautiful gardens. Just add directly to soil and plant roots, or mix with normal watering. Works for everyone, everywhere with every plant!
- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY – 1/2 lb. bag makes 32+ gallons or treats up to 1,000 sf of soil or plants. Provides benefits of compost and advanced nutrition that builds healthy nutritious living soil and feeds plants continuously on-demand.
- AMAZING GROWTH, COLOR, & FLAVOR – Empower your plants to express their full genetic potential. Get intense stem, leaf, flower, fruit and veggie production, color, taste and vibrancy like never before.
- BIOLOGY OVER CHEMICALS – Packed with every essential element, 55+ trace minerals and millions of Beneficial Micro Organisms your soil and plants really need for optimal performance, nutrient density, and pest & disease protection.
- KID, PET, PLANT, POLLINATOR & EARTH FRIENDLY – 100% Organic and Non-Toxic. No harmful chemicals or poisons that would endanger you, your family or community – And zero chance you’ll burn your plants.
- Has the potential to revive small dying trees
- Great for household scrubs and potted tomatoes
- Not messy to handle, application is fast and doesn’t require meticulous preparation
- Easy to use all of the contents of a bag in just one session
VermisTerra – Standard Earthworm Castings : Best Organic Fertilizer For Mixing Amazon’s Choice
The VermisTerra Standard Earthworm Castings is a large bag of just that, casting from worms that you could use for outdoor and indoor plants of all types.
But surprisingly, the contents inside are quite pleasant to the senses, and won’t result in the odor hanging around your home.
After you place it in the pots, just water and wait for germination.
To make the bacteria really grow, use it together with other fertilizers and results may even be seen in a few days(if you’re just planting seeds). It’s a good choice for people that like to mix their fertilizers to create their own special concoction.
- Improves soil structure: better aeration and water retention.
- Non-toxic and natural. Safe for children, pets, and pollinators.
- Comes in resealable bag.
- Builds a living soil and supports regenerative gardening.
- Naturally improves plant health: growth, fertility, yield, fruit taste.
- Has a pleasant smell that’s not strong or irritating
- Can be used as a tea for bacterial growth
- Germination will be noticed in just one week for most potted fruits
- Portions of the bag may appear to be slightly too moist, others too dry
Root Naturally Azomite Rock Dust : Best Organic Fertilizer For Reviving Dying Plants Amazon’s Choice
The Root Naturally Azomite Rock Dust is another good fertilizer for plants that have the early signs of premature rot.
If yours can be described as such open up the resealable container and place some around the roots, being sure to hit the areas that are close to where you put the seeds.
Green will show again fast, and your plants will appear to have never been “sick” at all. Mix it with more compost if you’d like, and apply to everything in your fruit garden. But do be careful how you handle the bag because of its flimsiness.
- 2 lbs. Root Naturally Brand Azomite Volcanic Rock Dust
- Heavy Duty Re-Sealable Bag
- Organic – 67 major and trace elements
- Give Plants the Vital Minerals They need to Thrive
- Great soil additive for all plants
- Clears away premature rot in days, especially with indoor plants
- The bag can be resealed to prevent drying
- Produces root growth and livens scrubs that may appear to be dead already
- Can be mixed with compost for added nutrients (for the plants)
- The bag tears easily and recommended to be placed in a separate container, if stored
Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Fertilizer 1 Gallon : Best Organic Kelp Fertilizer
The Liquid Kelp Organic Seaweed Fertilizer is a one-gallon container in liquid form. The ingredients are seaweed, Ascophyllum Nodosum to be exact. Kelp is one of the best ingredients that you could use in a fertilizer, and speedy results will prove it.
Germination may even take place within a day if you prepare the soil correctly, so take your time in getting things done when you begin with the kelp.
Or simply spray it on the plants themselves, and their stems and flowering portions will strengthen and become brighter. The Liquid Kelp brand is recommended as a substitute or alternative to using traditional fertilizers, but works just as great.
- OMRI ORGANIC LISTED SEAWEED & KELP FERTILIZER: Liquid Kelp is a natural plant food that provides a range of benefits for plant health and growth. OMRI listed for organic use, GS Plant Foods Liquid Seaweed Fertilizer is a completely natural, seaweed extract fertilizer for plants. Our liquid seaweed will help stimulate natural root growth, mineral uptake and overall plant growth and vigor. This can be applied to any type of soil or plant without concern for waste or harmful chemicals.
- ONE OF NATURE’S ‘MIRACLE’ PLANT FOODS: Made from the finest seaweed plant Ascophyllum Nodosum, this is one of nature’s miracle plant foods. Our seaweed extract greatly increases your plant’s resistance to stressors such as excessive heat, wind, drought conditions and more. The seaweed fertilizer for plants will increase the bloom set and size of flowers and fruit. It increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increased sugar content in plants.
- OPTIMAL PLANT GROWTH & HEALTH AT HOME OR COMMERCIALLY: Used in low concentrations, kelp liquid fertilizer acts as an efficacious growth promoter. GS Plant Foods sea kelp fertilizer is used extensively on a commercial basis, as well as at home for gardeners as an organic soil conditioner. Using GS Plant Foods seaweed plant fertilizer will lead to healthier crop yields and general plant well being.
- EASY TO APPLY FOR NATURAL GREAT RESULTS: Apply liquid kelp to improve specific growth stages. To promote additional buds, apply when plants are beginning to bud. To extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables, spray 10 days before harvesting. To lengthen the life of cut flowers, spray a day or two before cutting. In lieu of trying to catch specific growth stages, apply every 4 to 7 days. This liquid kelp should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves stoma are open.
- TRUSTED & RELIABLE: At GS Plant Foods, we understand that you are placing your trust in us to provide you with the highest quality organic seaweed fertilizer products available. We have 100% confidence in the quality of our products and continuously strive to deliver the best customer experience. Our products are organic, easy to use, cost efficient, sustainable, and yield consistent & amazing results in your garden, no matter what you’re growing or what medium in which your plants are growing.
- Made only from one single seaweed plant
- Can be sprayed right on the plants, or put sparingly in the soil
- The kelp will create germination quickly and cure all blossom rot
- Not recommended to apply during direct sunlight
SEA-90 Organic Fertilizer for Hydroponics : Best Water Soluble Organic Fertilizer Amazon’s Choice
The SEA-90 Organic Fertilizer for Hydroponics is useful for all sorts of plants, so you don’t have to settle for decorative greenery or veggies that you intend to eat later.
It’s water soluble, so add a little bit and it will dissolve into your plant’s roots at a quick rate producing germination in as little as 24 hours.
However, depending on how you prep the soil, pH levels can rise with this product.
This could either be a good or bad thing, according to what plants are growing. So as long as you know what you’re doing, try the SEA-90 and get your plants up from the roots in record time.
- ODOR FREE You can use SEA-90 indoors without any fear of awful and offensive smells that can be associated with other organic and chemically produced fertilizers. SEA-90 is completely odor free. NOTE: We are currently unable to ship SEA-90 Agricultural Mineral to the state of Washington. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- WATER-SOLUBLE SEA-90 is water soluble and works great in a sprayer or spray bottles, and is excellent in providing nutrients in hydroponic applications.
- MULTI PURPOSE SEA-90 improves the health, growth, and fruit of any plants or trees. You do not have to buy multiple fertilizers and combinations to try and make it work. Sea-90 is a complete good-for-everything organic fertilizer.
- TRULY GREEN Whether you are growing vegetables for your family, raising citrus trees or flower gardens, or even a farmer growing row crops, you need to know SEA-90. This 100% Organic Fertilizer is collected from the marine mineral solids found in the
- ORGANIC SEA-90 is certified by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI product number saa-0132 and saa-2951) with no restrictions as both a fertilizer and livestock feed additive. It is 100% All Natural and safe for you, your pets, and your family
- The ingredients are water soluble and can be prepared within minutes
- Great for farm plants, citrus trees, and flowing indoor plants that may have received little sunlight
- Results can be seen within only 24 hours of use
- Will increase the acidity levels in the soil
Best Organic Fertilizers Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Without fertilizer, it would be extremely difficult to grow some plants. But even with it, growth may not always happen at the speed that you would like. That’s why you should know as much about the product that you intend to buy as you can. Use the information below to help you shorten up your picks from the fertilizers above.
Know your Plants:
Different plants have different ways in which they should be grown. For most, their growth rate will be exceedingly fast when cared for with good fertilizers or composts. To do this, you should stick with an organic fertilizer that doesn’t contain any GMOs or synthetic chemicals. These can harm your soil, and make plants grow much slower than using all natural ingredients.
The products reviewed above contain all sorts of organic material, from earthworm castings to seaweed and fish. Such material will allow bacteria to thrive in the soil, which is what plants need from the roots in order to become strong.
Clear away any Bad Soils:
If you haven’t changed out the soil in your pots for a long time, you should do so before using any organic fertilizers. This will ensure that everything starts out fresh, and boost germination time as well. Check your water levels but also make sure that your fertilizers have a good amount of moisture. But don’t put in too much water.
So long as the soil is moist, things should be okay for you to water sparingly in the first week or two. But as mentioned in the last section, find out what things will make your particular plant grow faster, because they may not need to be watered at all in this stage.
Making a Tea:
When growers refer to making a “tea” from fertilizer, they are talking about the mixing of other organic materials with it. This usually involves some form of compost or other worm-based waste that can produce lots of bacteria from the soil at a quick rate. it involves adding water and heating the mixture, being careful to not overheat it to the point where the bacteria and nutrients inside will die.
Once it settles at normal temperature, you can place it in your pots or garden. This doesn’t have to be done during the seedling stages, either. Older or dying plant may revive quickly again by using this process alone.
Learning How to Wait:
For some, this can be the hard part. Waiting for germination can take anywhere from one day to one week or longer. This is entirely up to the plant you’re working with. But if it does take too long, then chances are high that you either prepped the soil incorrectly or did not add enough water.
There are all sorts of issues that can affect the growth rate in plants, some of which may involve the weather. Sunlight and temperature can also be a huge factor. Make sure that you’re treating your plants during the right seasons if you work outside in a garden. Doing your garden work during the right time of your can yield better results for the soil and your plants.
One of the most common complaints about fertilizers is the smell. Organic fertilizers are even worse at times, especially those with fish or seaweed-containing ingredients.
The smell of such products may linger around the pots you place them in if you’re growing indoor plants. But even working in an outdoor garden may make the area have an unpleasant smell. Of course, this isn’t always the case, but there is something that you could do to deal with it.
The first is picking an alternative that doesn’t have a bad odor. And the second is just waiting until it dissipates.
The smell comes from bacterial waste, and lets you know that the soil’s become ready to take on fast plant growth. Additionally, another complaint is the bags they are oftentimes sold in, which aren’t always very strong. This is to be expected from organic fertilizers, given the environmentally-minded nature of the companies that sell them.
You could always place it in a different container, or simply appreciate the awareness that such an issue brings to the importance of recycling.
It’s hopeful that you have an idea about which products you want, which was reviewed above. They are all amazing in one way or another and will give your garden or home plants the strength and energy they need in order to thrive.
If you are planting vegetables or fruits for cooking, then the taste and consistency will be similar to what you may have had with plants obtained from your local farmer’s market. But out of the ten evaluated, the Unco Industries Wiggle Worm Soil Builder and EarthPods Easy Indoor Plant Food are the best for the largest variety of plants and soil conditions.
Yet, this is in no way a dig at the others, and they could always have more of something that you’re looking for that the picks mentioned. Whichever you end up choosing, you’ll be well on your way to having a plentiful and greener garden! Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Organic Fertilizers Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Earmuffs For Shooting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Longboards For Beginners Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Camping Lanterns Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Most Popular Gorilla Grip Original Durable Natural Rubber Door Mat Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Hitch Bike Racks Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel