2021-2022 Best Snowmobile Ramps Review Guide
2021-2022 Best Snowmobile Ramps Review Guide – One big concern that go alongside with owning a snowmobile is how to safely transport your motorized vehicle to the locations you want to explore.
But snowmobiles are heavy and trying to load them without the right gear can lead to injuries.
A top rated snowmobile loading ramp is the safest way to load and unload your snowmobile.
It can be difficult to choose which snowmobile ramp will function and suit your needs, so we’ve made a list of the top best snowmobile loading ramps and included a detailed buying guide.
Snowmobiles are not a one size fits all design, but with our guide we hope that you find the best snowmobile loading ramp that will keep you safe and ready for the next adventure.
To see them keep reading my 2021-2022 Best Snowmobile Ramps Review Guide.
Caliber 13527 PRO 2.0 Universal ATV and Snowmobile Ramps
Rated as the industry’s best innovative ramp that you can work with in the field.
It has been designed to ensure that you get to have that versatility when handling the most versatile ramp in the power sports market.
When you have it with you, you will be glad because it is able to accommodate up to 30 inches of snowmobile ski stances.
Especially, for those that are dealing with snowmobiles, this can be rated as the best solution for you.
- Ramps are seen to measure up to 90 inches long, making it give you a comfortable loading angle
- Able to handle snowmobile stances that start off from 30 inches
- Fitted with a low profile glide that is the markets safest walk when entering and even exiting vehicles
- It’s an innovative ramp that works for TVs and UTVs
- Versatile ramp designed for UTVs, ATVs, snowmobiles and golf carts
- Heavy-duty load capacity of 1,500-lbs.
- Ramp measures 52-in wide x 90-in long; trifold design allows for easy truck bed storage at 26-in wide
- Includes a Retrax strap for stable anchoring and traction and glides for safe loading in any condition
- Made in the USA, limited lifetime warranty
Black Ice SNO-6018-EXT-S 5′ x 18″ Tri-Fold Snowmobile Ramps
When you are loading snowmobile into pickups or SUVs, this is the kind of item that will ensure you get the job done in the easiest manner.
It has been designed with an extra 5-foot black ice ramp extension that makes it be one unique item to own in ice places.
The high strength aluminum used to make it gives it the signature strength that will have it serve you for the longest period of time. Especially, it has been made to lie flat on the ground.
- The ability for it to lie flat in the ground offers trucks added grip as they prepare to climb the ramp
- When used promptly ad in the flat position, it is able to support up to 800 pounds
- It has been made to be compatible with other black ice tri-fold ramps
- Designed with stud protectors that will prevent it from rung damage from studded tracks
- Provides additional traction when loading snowmobiles into pickup trucks and trailers using the following ramps: Black Ice SNO-6054-HD, SNO-9454-HD, SNO-7754-HDXW, SNO-9454-HDXW
- Measures 5′ L x 18″ W; maximum 800 lb. weight capacity
- Hooks under ramp to eliminate loading interference; includes user-installed stud protectors
- Designed to lie flat for added traction while loading and unloading
- High-strength, lightweight aluminum construction
Black Ice SNO-9454-HDXW-EXT 7′ 10″ x 54″ Tri-Fold Snowmobile Ramps
When you want to load your snowmobile directly into your track bed, the item here is what has been designed to ensure that you get to manage to have an easier task accomplishing that.
The system here has been designed with 2 outer ramp panels that will come with extra-wide polythene ski guides.
When packaging your snowmobiles, you will realize that it becomes a very safe thing that others have failed to achieve.
- Made of high strength but light aluminum that will not break easily
- It folds up compactly to allow you to have an easy storage ad reduction in used space
- Comes with 4 configurations that will meet your specifications
- Can be able to handle a weight capacity of up to 1500lbs
- Load snowmobiles onto trailers or truck beds easily with this ramp and extension set that is designed specifically for tracks
- Ramp measures 7′ 10″ L x 54″ W; extension measures 3′ L x 12″ W; maximum 1,500 lb. weight capacity
- Folds to 17.5″ W for easy, compact transport and storage; outer panels feature 12″ W polyethylene guides for low-resistance loading of any carbide type
- Rubber-coated attaching points secure ramps without scratching your truck or trailer; two cam buckle straps included to firmly secure ramps and prevent kick-outs
- High-strength, lightweight aluminum construction
Yutrax TX104 Trifold Ramps Silver 78 Inch ATV
The item is made of aluminum material making it lightweight and sturdy enough to withstand day to day use.
It has heavy-duty hinges and joints that are not riveted and they will easily support your ATV with ease. You can fold your ramp and enjoy easy storage and transportation.
The item has a taller rectangular cross-section to enable it to support more weight without bending.
On the other hand, the extruded rectangular side trail will let you use the ramp daily without bending.
- Made from high-strength aluminum material making the ramp lightweight and hassle-free to handle
- It has heavy-duty hinges and joints that are welded to give you peace of mind when using it
- The ramp is perfectly designed to support more weight without bending
- The safety straps are adjustable to enable you to secure your ramp to your vehicle
- Manufactured from high-strength, lightweight aluminum with an overall Weight of 32 lb. making them easier to handle.
- Heavy-duty hinges and joints that are welded, not riveted to give you peace of mind. 1,750 lb. weight capacity will easily support your ATV
- When in use the TX102 sports a length of 78″ is extra-long for taller vehicles with a width of 50″ and folds to 17.5” in width for easy transport and storage
- Extruded rectangular side rails resist bending, while the taller rectangular cross section supports more weight. Rubber-coated tab attachment points support ramp on vehicle without scratching. Includes adjustable safety straps to secure the ramp to your vehicle
- One- Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Black Ice 60″ x 54″ Snowmobile Ramps
Don’t rely on those poorly crafted snowmobile ramps when this one is just here waiting for your order.
This ramp is made from aluminum material and the sides have polyethylene ski guides. The item is made to be used on any ski on the market including dual, single, and triple carbide skis.
It comes with two cam buckle straps to let you rest it on your trailer with ease. Especially, this is the best dependable item for our sled. Just try it.
- It has four configurations to meet your daily needs
- Made from aluminum material making it lightweight but sturdy enough to be trusted
- It has 12’ ski guides to ensure there is smooth loading
- The ramp comes with two safety straps
- Folding snowmobile ramp for trailer loading; Includes 36″ x 12″ center track extension
- Maximum 1,500 lb. distributed load capacity
- Extra wide 12″ low-resistance dual carbide ski glides
- Traction grip glide center section for maximum snowmobile track grip
- Heavy duty aluminum construction
Rage Powersports Snowmobile Loading Ramps
The Rage Powersports Snowmobile Ramp will ensure that you get the hassle-free loading of your snowmobile into your truck.
This ramp will enable you to work on your own without any assistance from others. You can use it on any ski on the market and it will work perfectly without any resistance.
Get it right away and take your snowmobile out of your trail without any exhilaration.
- It has rubber fingers to let the ramp to securely rest on your trailer
- This comes with stud protectors that will perfectly prevent ramp damage
- It is foldable ideal for a compact storage
- It has extension hooks under the bottom rung to give you peace of mind when using it
- Folding snowmobile ramp with center track extension for trailer loading
- Maximum 1,500 lb. capacity
- Extra wide 12″ low-resistance dual carbide ski glides
- Serrated rung center section and extension ramp for optimal track grip
- Heavy duty aluminum construction
2021-2022 Best Snowmobile Ramps Buying Guide
How To Choose A Snowmobile Ramp
For your safety, snowmobile weight should be the first consideration when you are looking at snowmobile ramps.
Snowmobiles are not all the same size and that means that each motorized vehicle will have a different weight. In general, a larger sized snowmobile will weigh more than one that is smaller.
With more snowmobile weight, your ramp for pickup trucks or trailers shoulders is sturdier.
The average weight of a snowmobile is about 476 pounds, which is a lot to handle but the best snowmobile loading ramp will have the strength to hold multiple snowmobiles.
However, you also shouldn’t take the average and purchase your snowmobile truck ramp.
You should find the specific weight of your snowmobile before you purchase a truck ramp to be certain that you find a design that suits your needs.
The weight of the snowmobile should always be provided by the brand or company that manufactures your motorized snow vehicle.
But there may be two weights listed; a dry weight and wet weight. The dry weight of a snowmobile refers to the total weight without gasoline in the tank. The wet weight refers to the total weight of a full tank of gas.
Snowmobile Length and Width:
As we mentioned, the snowmobile weight can be affected by the size of your motorized vehicle and the size will be determined by the length and width.
Similar to snowmobile weight, not all snowmobiles are the same length and width. It is important to consider the length and width of your snowmobile because you want the ramp to fit your vehicle and have a little extra space leftover.
The length of your snowmobile will affect the length and height of the ramp.
You should always purchase a ramp for trucks or trailers that fits the full length of your snowmobile with a few extra inches to help you get the traction to push your snowmobile forward.
The length should also accommodate the height of your truck or trailer. The taller your truck or trailer, the more length you will need to reduce the steepness of the ramp and make loading safe.
The length and width of your snowmobile should be indicated in the product specifications so that you can properly correlate them to the aluminum ramp.
If you are having trouble finding the specifications, you can always use a tape measure and find the dimensions of your snowmobile.
The compatibility of a snowmobile ramp for pickup trucks or trailers refers to what vehicle or piece of equipment you can safely load your snowmobile onto.
A truck snowmobile ramp should have the length to be compatible with truck beds, which are often situated at a taller height than a trailer.
A trailer aluminum ramp may only have the length to be used with the lower height of a trailer and maybe too steep to use when attached to a truck bed.
The best snowmobile loading ramps will be versatile and have dual capabilities to be used with both trucks and trailers.
With the compatibility to be used with both trucks and trailers, a snowmobile ramp can be ready for any adventure and eliminates the worry of how to transport your snowmobile.
The compatibility of your aluminum ramp should be indicated in the product specifications, so you know whether it is safe to use with a truck bed, trailer, or both.
If you are unable to determine the compatibility, snowmobile ramp reviews are a great resource that you can use to find the best setup for your ramp.
Reviewers may state how they set up their ramp and whether the length is truck or trailer compatible.
The space that the aluminum ramp takes up is an important consideration for the storage of your ramp.
Most snowmobile enthusiasts want a snowmobile truck ramp that can be folded up and stored in their truck bed.
This means that you need to be certain that there’s enough space in the truck bed or trailer to store both your ramp and snowmobile.
When the truck bed or trailer is empty, there should be no problem with storing your ramp, but it still needs to have space to be stored when the snowmobile is loaded too.
It is very important that you take the time to find and fit the proper storage for your ramp because it will increase your safety and minimize the risk of damage to your ramp or snowmobile.
The best snowmobile ramp will have a compact design that can be easily folded and stored in your truck bed or trailer.
Traditionally, a horizontal folding system is used because it can be easily held to the side and strapped in to stop it from moving while you are driving.
However, you may find that some designs are made of individual tracks that can be separated and stored by stacking them one on top of each other.
The individual track designs are often made of a dense plastic, which can support the weight of a lighter snowmobile.
But a sturdier snowmobile ramp for trucks and trailers will likely be made of aluminum and will take up more space.
You should also consider the width of your truck bed or trailer and the width of the ramp. You don’t want the ramp to be too wide or it won’t be compatible with your truck or trailer.
The ramp should actually be just slightly smaller than the width of what you are loading your snowmobile onto so that you can be sure it is fully compatible.
A top-rated snowmobile loading ramp should indicate how it folds or can be broken down to be stored in the product specifications. You may even find that some brands give the dimensions of their product when it is folded up for storage.
If you are unable to find specific information, snowmobile ramp reviews can help you determine the space that a ramp design requires to be stored.
Reviewers may state how they store their ramp and in what vehicle so you can estimate whether the ramp will suit your needs too.
The capacity of your trailer or truck ramp will be determined by the amount of weight that it can safely carry without breaking or collapsing.
You should always choose one of the best snowmobile loading ramps that can carry more weight than your snowmobile weighs to be certain that it has a safe capacity.
As we stated, the average weight of a snowmobile is just under 500 pounds.
A snowmobile ramp for trucks may have a capacity of 500 pounds, which should be sufficient to load one snowmobile.
But the best snowmobile ramps will have a larger capacity for safety. Most snowmobile ramps have a 1,500-pound capacity, but you can find larger capacities to load multiple snowmobiles at the same time.
The capacity of your ramp for pickup trucks and trailers should always be listed in the product specifications so that you are aware of the limit and stay safe while you are loading or unloading your snowmobile.
The quality of your snowmobile ramp will mostly be dependent on the material because what it’s made of will give it the strength to bear weight.
An aluminum ramp is a great choice because it is good quality and lightweight. However, dense plastics can also make a quality snowmobile ramp and make be easier to transport because of its design.
Snowmobile ramp reviews can help you determine whether a specific model is of good quality or poor quality.
You should always look for a top-rated snowmobile loading ramp that is of good quality because it will be safer and easier to use.
Q: Why do I need a snowmobile ramp?
A: You may be lucky enough to live around great snowmobile trails, but if you’re looking for new adventures and locations, you’ll have to load up your snowmobile and take it with you.
Anything that you use to transport your snowmobile will have wheels, which means that you’ll have to lift your motorized vehicle up a certain height to load it onto the truck bed or trailer.
Deadlifting 500 pounds of machinery is dangerous and nearly impossible.
The best snowmobile ramp will make it easy to take your snowmobile with you.
The ramp should be truck bed or trailer compatible, so you can easily push your snowmobile on and reduce the strain of the weight on your body.
Plus, a trailer and truck ramp will actually reduce the risk of damaging your snowmobile during the loading or unloading process.
Q: Can I transport my snowmobile without a ramp?
A: While you may find a way to load your snowmobile without a ramp, it will likely be unsafe and could lead to devastating injuries.
Snowmobiles are heavy and maneuvering dense metal isn’t smart unless you have additional tools like an aluminum ramp to help you.
Even if you use snowmobile gloves to protect your hands when loading, it will be nearly impossible to dead lift your snowmobile onto a trailer or truck bed, which makes the best snowmobile ramp a worthy investment to keep you safe.
Exploring the winter terrain on snowmobiles is exhilarating, but before the fun can start you should always consider how you will transport your snowmobile.
A top rated snowmobile loading ramp will make it safe to take your snowmobile anywhere. Plus, you can eliminate potential damage to your snowmobile, truck, or trailer by using a properly installed aluminum snowmobile ramp.
But don’t forget to stay safe on the trails too and always pack your snowmobile helmets. Thanks for taking the time to read my 2021-2022 Best Snowmobile Ramps Review Guide.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel