Best Top Handle Chainsaws Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Top Handle Chainsaws Review Guide For 2022-2023 – Top handle chainsaws have tremendously grown in popularity due to their ease of use. They let you operate them using easy, giving you flexibility in their usage.
Top handled chainsaws are practical and convenient for use when space is limited, and for this reason, they are the go-to tool when working in trees. They are also compact and easy to wield, meaning some people might prefer them for other everyday use too.
If you are interested in buying one of these highly versatile machines but aren’t sure which model to go for, keep reading our Best Top Handle Chainsaws Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Echo 26.0CC Top Handle Chainsaw
This is a reliable top handled saw from Echo, another of the best-known brands for this kind of equipment. There’s lots to like about this chainsaw, and it incorporates plenty of useful features.
It has an effective inertia-activated chain brake mechanism that is designed to keep you as safe as possible in the event of a kickback, an important safety consideration.
It also boasts a clutch-driven oiler that reduces unnecessary bar oil consumption for lubrication – it is designed to deliver just the amount that is required.
It is built to last, too. It features Echo’s G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner system to keep the inside clean, reduce maintenance requirements and extend the tool’s working life. It comes with a five-year warranty, meaning if anything goes wrong, Echo are ready to help you out.
One negative is the lack of a toolless chain adjustment capability, meaning you need to carry extra tools with you into the field. Also, there is no lanyard clip – so you have to attach one yourself – although this is not a big issue.
All in all, this is a high-quality top handled chainsaw that is ideal for climbing and pruning work. If that’s what you need, then this is a unit that is well worth checking out.
- None at this time
- Reputable brand – Echo is one of the best-known chainsaw brands
- Inertia-activated chain brake – an important safety feature
- Clutch-driven oiling system – helps conserve oil
- 5-year warranty – gives you good peace of mind
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner – helps keep the air supply clean
- No tool less tensioning – need to carry tools to adjust the chain
- No lanyard ring – nowhere convenient to attach to a climbing belt
New Echo Top Handle Chainsaw CS-355T
If you like the sound of the Echo chainsaw above but you feel you need something with a bit more cutting power, this larger model should be of interest.
It runs off a 35.8cc engine and boasts a 16” chain and bar, giving you the ability to deal with bigger, tougher branches. It is also relatively lightweight as well as being well balanced, making it ideal for use when working in the trees.
It features the same G-Force Air Pre-Cleaner as the smaller model, and it incorporates a back-mounted easy-access air filter designed to facilitate maintenance.
It has an ergonomic handle design that makes it comfortable and easy to use, but it lacks a toolless chain adjustment capability, meaning you will have to carry the necessary tools for this with you.
The only other real downside with this model is the higher price tag – although you expect to pay more for a bigger, more powerful tool.
This is a chainsaw that will appeal to someone who needs a machine that is convenient for tree work and that can offer superior cutting capabilities. If that’s what you’re looking for, this unit should be high on your list of possibilities.
- None at this time
- Big power in a small package – incorporates a 35.8cc 2-stroke engine
- Relatively lightweight and well balanced – ideal for tree work
- Comfortable to hold and operate – features an ergonomic handle design
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner – helps keep the air supply clean
- Easy-to-access air filter – facilitates regular maintenance
- No tool less adjustment – like the smaller Echo model
- More expensive chainsaw – although you expect to pay for higher power and quality
DEWALT DCCS620P1 Cordless Top Handle Chainsaw Kit
Not all top handled chainsaws are gas-powered, and if you prefer the convenience and practicality of a battery-powered alternative, this DeWalt unit could be worth investigating.
At 8.8lbs, it is far lighter than most gas-powered options, giving you more mobility and maneuverability – especially useful when working in trees.
It features a low kickback chain, has an auto-oiling capability and also includes toolless chain adjustment. Again, this is particularly useful when working in a tree since you won’t need to take unnecessary equipment up there with you.
One other advantage with this machine is the price – even when bought with the battery, it is still less expensive than many other top handled chainsaws.
On the downside, the way the handle is configured makes it more of an uncomfortable choice for left-handers. Also, it tends to work through lubrication oil quickly, so you will need to make sure you take some spare oil with you when you head out to work.
This chainsaw is a viable alternative to gas-powered versions, and if you appreciate the advantages of battery power, it is a tool worthy of serious consideration.
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the battery powered chainsaw maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4×4 pressure treated wood (using a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery)
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
- Part of the 20V MAX* system of tools
- Light and easy to maneuver – at only 8.8lbs, less cumbersome than gas models
- Brushless motor – designed for efficiency and longer life
- Affordable option – costs less than many similar chainsaws
- Toolless chain adjustment – don’t need extra tools to change the tension
- Low kickback blade – designed to keep you safer
- Not designed for left-handers – will be less comfortable to use in your left hand
- Uses up chain oil quickly – need to make sure it stays topped up
Husqvarna T435 Gas Chainsaw, Orange
This top handle chainsaw by Husqvarna features a powerful 35.2cc 2-stroke engine that uses gasoline to run.
With an engine that’s this powerful, this chainsaw will cut through any wood material without any problem, while releasing low exhaust emission to the environment.
As such, this chainsaw delivers an impressive power while still remaining environmentally friendly.
When it comes to oiling your chainsaw, the Husqvarna T435 chainsaw comes in handy. It features an adjustable oil pump that puts you in control of oil flow depending on such factors like the weather condition and application of your machine. This reduces oil wastage or over-oiling.
Also, the Husqvarna T435 features efficient chain tension adjustability, thanks to its side chain-tensioning system that is easy to use. You could do your woodworks without having to worry about the complexity of the chain tensioning system.
This chainsaw also has a cool feature that works to protect the engine, thereby guaranteeing the longevity of the engine life.
Its centrifugal air injection cleaning system removes dust particles, especially large ones and debris to protect the engine by giving it only clean air. And for user safety, this chainsaw features an inertia-activated chain brake.
Also, this chainsaw has the Husqvarna’s LowVib technology that reduces the vibration on the handles, which in turn reduces the user’s arm fatigue.
- Delivers lower fuel consumption and reduced exhaust emission levels in accordance with the world´s most stringent environmental regulations.
- Adjustable oil pump allows you to control oil flow depending on application and weather conditions.
- Quick-release air filter facilitates cleaning and replacement of the air filter.
- Chain tensioning from the side allows for quick and convenient chain tensioning.
- Quick release air filter cover saves time when cleaning or changing spark plug or filter.
- System designed to reduce vibration levels to the operator, which lessens fatigue.
- Chain break window with improved design allows for better visibility of the guide bar tip.
- Rope attachment makes it easy to hoist the saw up into a tree
- Air Purge removes air from carburetor and fuel system for easy starting.
- Inertia activated chain brake reduces the likelihood of injury due to kickback.
- Produces low exhaust emission.
- Air injection cleaning system to protect the engine.
- Low vibrations to reduce user fatigue.
- Easy adjust oil and fuel consumption
- Complain of fuel leakage issues.
- Manipulating the chain is the difficulty
Makita Tool Only LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Top Handle Chainsaw
This is another top tool from Makita, this time in a smaller and more compact package but still a chainsaw that can deliver very respectable power and cutting capacity.
We like the variable speed control as well as the torque boost that can be engaged when dealing with the toughest cutting jobs.
It also includes good safety features, including a chain brake mechanism to protect you in the event of a kickback and a lock-off lever to prevent accidental starts.
One of the best things about this chainsaw is its weight – at only 7.9lbs, it is ideal for any small-scale cutting jobs and is especially useful for working in trees. It also has a handy clip for attaching it to your climbing harness.
There are only a couple of minor negatives to mention. It doesn’t have a toolless chain adjustment capability, which means you need to remember to carry the required equipment.
Also, batteries need to be recharged and won’t let you work as long as a gas-powered machine – although if you buy a second battery, you can double the time you can work.
Overall, this is another solid top handled chainsaw from Makita that gets a big thumbs-up from us.
- Compact top handle design ideal for pruning, trimming and limbing
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 22cc gas chain saw
- Up to 175 cuts in 2×2 cedar with 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Torque boost mode for cutting dense material
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Lightweight and compact – at only 7.9lbs, easy for anyone to use
- Good safety features – includes lock off lever and chain brake
- Variable speed control – and includes torque boost for the toughest jobs
- Adjustable automatic chain oiling – with large reservoir for less frequent filling
- Attachment to clip it to climbing harness – practical for use in trees
- No tool less chain adjustment – need to carry the necessary equipment
- Not suitable for extended use – unless you buy a spare battery
GLOGLOW 12″ Cordless Gas Top Handle Chainsaw
If you are on the lookout for a budget-friendly top handled chainsaw for lighter work, this unit from GloGlow might be worth considering.
Its main advantage is the low price, but it also has several other useful features that make it stand out.
It has a comfortable soft grip that is designed to reduce vibration, helping to prevent fatigue. It is also compact and lightweight, making it suitable for most people to use.
It incorporates a low kickback chain that is designed to keep you safe while you work.
On the negative side, there is no toolless chain adjustment – although the necessary tools for this operation are included.
It is only designed for light work – so if you need something for more heavy-duty or commercial grade work, this chainsaw is probably not the best option.
Overall, a decent pick if you just need something for casual, occasional work and you don’t want to spend too much money to get your hands on it.
- This compact, lightweight design is easy to use for all your small limb trimming needs.
- The practical gasoline chainsaw system is designed to reduce vibration levels to the operator, providing wide cutting swath, which lessens fatigue.
- Tool-less chain tensioner lets you make adjustments easily.
- Wraparound handle with soft comfort hand grip helps reduce user fatigue.
- Cord retainer prevents unintended power disconnection.
- Budget option – at the lower end of the price scale
- Comfortable soft grip – reduces vibration to help prevent fatigue
- Lightweight and easy to handle – light enough for most people to use
- Comes with tool kit – everything necessary for adjusting and maintaining the saw
- Low kickback chain – designed to keep you safe
- No tool less adjustment – but includes the tools necessary to do it
- Designed for light-duty work – won’t be able to handle bigger jobs
Finding the best top handle chainsaw could be a daunting experience for first-time chainsaw buyers.
That’s why we have brought to you some of the options in the market today. All you need to do is to make a choice and decide which one of these you’re going to pick. Thanks for taking the time to read our Best Top Handle Chainsaws Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Earmuffs For Shooting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Longboards For Beginners Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Camping Lanterns Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Most Popular Gorilla Grip Original Durable Natural Rubber Door Mat Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Hitch Bike Racks Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel