Best Tow Behind Sprayer Review Guide For This Year
Best Tow Behind Sprayer Review Guide For This Year – Research shows that 74% of people who really want to purchase a tow behind sprayer find it hard to do so because they have no idea of what to do. Getting a tow behind sprayer is crucial, especially for field and farm owners, and having the knowledge about tow-behind sprayers can really help you make the right decisions. That is why we are here.
Different manufacturers produce devices that are similar in some characteristics but may be distinguished by the quality. We listed 5 products that qualify to be on the best tow-behind sprayers in our Best Tow Behind Sprayer Review Guide For This Year.
Best Tow Behind Sprayer Buyers Guide For This Year
Types of ATV Sprayers:
When it comes to ATV sprayers, there are two convenient types that you can get if you are on a budget or you own a huge expanse of land. These types of ATV spray can be carried around using an ATV and they sure do get the work done.
Just as the name implies, these types of sprayers are mounted at the back of an ATV. They are smaller and more convenient for smaller spaces. They are perfect for light commercial and domestic use compared to other types of ATV sprayers. These types of product look like a tank which is strapped and dragged along as the vehicle moves. They are much cheaper and more convenient to use than other ATV sprayers.
These types of sprayers are designed to look like trailers and they are dragged behind an ATV vehicle as it moves. This is the type of sprayer that is featured on this buyers’ guide and review. Compared to the first type of sprayer, they need more skills and technical know-how to operate making it very expensive to get. They are far much bigger than normal backpack sprayers, mounted sprayers and they are required for people who want to use it on a large expanse of land in a single pass.
Tips on how to get the best out of your Tow Behind Sprayer:
When using a tow behind sprayer you and your device are more vulnerable to disasters and accidents. That is why it is better to lecture yourself on the safety measures that need to be taken when using a tow behind sprayer. With these tips, you do not create a safe environment for yourself but for any unfortunate person around you.
- Always read the manual whether you are an expert or a newbie. This is because some of the products may be operated differently or they may come with different parts.
- Always do a routine check-up on your spray delivery system and fix it immediately if it is bad.
- Try as much as possible to wear protective clothes anytime you want to use this device. Getting a Glove or a Google can go a long way.
- Make sure you follow the normal safety standards on pressure and flow rates.
- Make sure you always store your device in indoor storage after use. Consider dismantling the device and apply antifreeze on its parts before you store it.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning the sprayer.
- Be careful to drive slowly at the required speed especially on rough roads and terrain.
- Keep this device and chemicals away from children as well as pets. Package it so that they can’t access it and never allow a kid to operate this device.
How to clean the tank of the sprayer:
Keeping your spraying tank clean will help you to prevent the dangerous chemicals to be sprayed on your garden or farmland. When treating weed, different chemicals are needed to undergo this process.
In this section, we would look at the 7-step process we need to follow to get the best achievement when cleaning your sprayer tank.
- Before you start, make sure you flush your speaker and be mindful of where that chemical goes. We advise that you do this somewhere that is not close to crops or streams.
- Rise the tank after you have finished thoroughly draining it and spray inside the tank with a garden hose or a pressure washer. You can as well use water to fill up the tank and rinse it out through the spray boom.
- Fill the sprayer tank – Now is the time to lock the pump and fill the tank with just water.
- Mix the clean water with a cleaning solution – If you want to use another chemical in your tank, this is a very important step you don’t have to skip. Just add the recommended amount of solution to the water and mix with an agitator for up to 5 – 10 minutes to get the desired mixture.
- Allow it to settle for approximately 8 hours – When you have successfully mixed your solution and the water, leave it to rest in the tank for about 8 hours. This will thoroughly remove all the chemical residues which can be found at the corners of the tank.
- Wash the screens, filter, and nozzles – once you have flushed the tank, you now have to ace the screens, filters, and nozzles. Just put clean water in a bucket and mix with a cleaning agent then soak these parts.
- Flush the mixture – Turn on the pump and spray the mixture using the hand wand as well as the boom sprayers.
- Rinse every part – Finally, when you have all the parts in place, thoroughly rinse the device and ensure that the cleaning solution mixture is washed out.
Tips on how to stop herbicide from clogging up sprayer:
If you allow chemicals to settle in your sprayer tank for up to a day, we advise that you go through these technical steps we would show you to stop herbicide from clogging up your machine.
Certain herbicides and fertilizers cannot be used at the same time or immediately without first cleaning out the traces of the previous chemicals. When these chemicals touch each other, they may clump.
- Always clean your sprayer – This is the most basic step users can take. Cleaning your sprayer always can get rid of issues like clogging. When you have finished using your device, rinse it, or wash it thoroughly.
- Agitate or mix your chemical – Always keep your chemicals mixed with an agitator – when it rains, and you have to leave your chemicals in the sprayer tank for some days, use this moment and always use an agitator to mix your chemicals even if you are not planning to use it that day.
- Wash out the nozzles – Chemicals might end up clogging your spray tips first due to the fact it is located at the end of your spraying device.
- Make use of clean water – Use water that is clean and free of first and insects to get rid of the clogging. You should also use very clean water during mixing to ensure that it won’t clog. Bad or hard water can always react to clog your sprayer.
- Check the Filters – you should always check your filters daily so that you can get rid of objects or clogs that are trapped there.
- Keep it in high temperatures – Take out your sprayer into the sun. If it is kept where it’s below-freezing temperatures, it may negatively affect it by clogging.
Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
Best Weed Sprayer – The Ironton Tow-Behind Trailer Broadcast and Spot Sprayer are specially designed to attend to the need of homeowners or smaller gardens. The pump of this device starts at just 1 GPM and it is made up of different component parts that are resistant to chemicals. The 13-gallon tank of the sprayer can take almost all pesticides or chemicals that need to be sprayed and it is also resistant to ultraviolet rays.
The tank also features a 7-½ opening along with a tank bottom drain where liquid can be emptied any time coupled with gallon marks which are molded to know the state of your liquid. The wheels of this device are just 10 inches unlike the traditional 12 inches most devices come with.
- 1 GPM Ironton pump with durable chemical-resistant components
- 13-gallon tank is UV-resistant and compatible with virtually all pesticides
- Gallon marks molded into tank make it easy to monitor fluid levels
- Tank has a 7 1/2in. opening and an easy-empty bottom drain
- Approved for use with Roundup agricultural herbicide
- It has an inbuilt hanging bracket for easy storage.
- It has a 10-inch pneumatic wheel.
- It is affordable.
- It is convenient for smaller gardens and homeowners.
- It is easy to operate.
- Users complain some parts are too fragile.
- The follow-come pump needs priming.
This product is for gardeners and homeowners who want to protect their turf. It includes a sprayer gun that hot only delivers chemicals at a required rate but also has an adjustable nozzle which can change the flow. The remote switch with battery clips is a feature that positively affects convenience during operation. This product is recommended for buyers.
Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer
Best with Boom – The Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer is a towable sprayer from Agri-Fab and it is best suited for side and uneven type of terrains. It comes with three flat-free tires that roll easily when it is being towed. The sprayer also has a tank with a capacity of about 15 gallons and it also features a drain hole and a fill opening. When the boom tubes of this device are extended, it can produce a back spray which has a notable coverage of about 7 feet.
The Agri-Fab Tow Sprayer also includes a handheld wand for spot spraying and it can reach about 30 feet in length. The tank of this tow behind sprayer is made entirely out of polyethylene which is corrosion resistant and durable making this device’s price tag to be on the high side but users say it is totally worth it. The on and off switch is also capable of preventing your battery from draining when it is not in use.
- Capacity: 15 gallons
- Product width: 7′ Spray coverage when booms are extended
- Assembly: some assembly required
- Hitch: connects easily to vehicle’s electric source; universal Hitch fits any tractor regardless of brand
- : Comes with a 3 year limited
- The boom sprayer comes with two tips and it has 7 feet of wide coverage.
- It has an efficient wand for spot spray.
- It is capable of moving on any terrain; wide and uneven.
- It has robust flat-free tires.
- It has an off/on switch which stops your battery from draining flat.
- It is a bit expensive.
The Agri-Fab 45-0292 15 Gallon Tow Sprayer is perfect for huge turf boundaries and large lawn applications. This sprayer can be attached to your mower or an ATV vehicle. The wand for targeted spot spraying around trees and bushes is also included in the package. It also comes with a 12-foot long hose which supports the spray wand. I totally recommend it.
NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer
Best for Lawn – When you talk about the NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer, we are talking about a product that takes precision and coverage to another level with much performance. This product includes a commercial-grade pump which is part of the NorthStar NSQ Series pump capable of taking your priming to a maximum level of 70 PSI. When it comes to safety, the NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer can’t be affected by chemical compounds and harsh conditions due to the incredible built and high-level resistivity.
This product also moves well on rough or smooth terrains and it also includes a very huge tank that can hold a large capacity of 21-gallons protected by a steel cart. The NorthStar Tow-Behind Sprayer also boasts of boom arms that can be folded and retractable tow-bar. The manufacturers also taught about users storing this product that’s why they made it easy for the wheels and the axle to be removed.
- 12V 2.2 GPM open flow NorthStar NSQ Series on-demand pump provides faster priming and longer life; 70 PSI max.
- 100% continuous duty rating
- Honeywell MICRO SWITCH for enhanced durability and efficiency
- Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves for superior reliability and chemical resistance
- Large-capacity proprietary tank design features extra-thick walls that are UV-resistant and compatible with virtually all pesticides
- This pump is very durable compared to the rest on this list.
- It has a big tank for a few refills boosting productivity.
- It is easy to set up.
- It has an easy-to-control spray system.
- It has an adjustable hitch.
- The materials used to manufacture this product are good just not premium.
The NorthStar Tow-Behind Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer are one of the best tow-behind products you can ever get in the market. One thing we loved about this product is the visible molded marks found on the tank which you can use to monitor your liquid. This product can be easily towed with an ATV, UTV, tractor, and even a lawnmower. I totally recommend it.
Precision Products TCT25 Tow Behind and Spot Sprayer
Best 25 Gallon Sprayer – The Precision Products TCT25 Tow Behind and Spot Sprayer comes with a 25-gallon tank which is made out of heavy plastic and a drain plug to quickly drain out liquids during clean up. This product can be mounted at the back of your UTV, Tractor or ATV. The pump of the sprayer measures about 1.8 GPM and it can deliver pressures of up to 60 PSI through a convenient 12-inch hose.
When users order for this product, it comes fully assembled with a 90-day warranty on the delivered product. The tank is translucent with cutouts that can indicate the state of the liquid at any given time. It also has an on/off switch so that you do not drain the battery of your device when you are not using it. The pneumatic wheels on this product are 10-inches and it is suitable for most types of terrain.
- 25-gallon, 12-volt sprayer; up to 60 PSI
- Tow behind tractor to spray over 7-foot area; hand wand also included for spot spraying
- Easily attaches to 12-volt battery on tractor
- Heavy Duty opaque plastic tank with drain plug mouted on trailer
- 1.8 Gallon per minute pump
- 25-gallon, 12-volt spot sprayer; up to 60 PSI
- Tow behind tractor to spray over 7-foot area; hand wand also included for spot spraying
- It comes already assembled.
- It has an adjustable spray nozzle.
- It is perfect for weed control and land maintenance.
- The skeleton is made out of steel.
- It is placed on an anti-vibration pad.
- The hitch system needs to be wielded not bolted.
- There are only three screws available to hold the tank on the frame.
Cleaning the Precision Products TCT25 Tow Behind and Spot Sprayer is a breeze because of the drain plug located on the tank. This product can cover up to 7 feet of coverage area. The Precision Products TCT25 Tow Behind and Spot Sprayer comes fully assembled but you still need to wield the hitch system instead of bolting it together. Other than that, I do recommend this product.
Chapin 97600 15-Gallon Tow-Behind Sprayer
Best Fertilizer Sprayer – This product has been proven to hold any pesticide, herbicide, or fertilizer. With a 5-inch mouth opening, the tank is designed to be translucent and it has drain plugs so that users can drain out chemicals easily. The pump of the Chapin 97600 15-Gallon measures about 1 GPM and it has the capacity to produce pressures of up to 40 PSI. The pump supports about 12 volts so it can be used with any vehicle’s battery.
The Chapin Sprayer also features a lock on/off the adjustable poly nozzle and an 18” wand at the other end. When users buy this product, it comes with a 15 feet reinforced hose that delivers up to 18 feet of horizontal coverage and 30 feet of vertical coverage.
- 15-Gallon translucent tank with 5-inch wide mouth and drain plug for easy filling and cleaning
- Compatible with common fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides
- Tank construction: poly, shut-off material: poly-trigger, extension wand material: brass. High performing 12-volt diaphragm pump and dual filtration system
- Professional dripless shut off with Comfort Grip lock on/off feature, 15-ft reinforced hose and 7-ft coverage spray boom
- Durable steel frame trailer with pneumatic tires and adjustable hitch.Spray Stream Max Vertical:up to 38-feet
- The spray wand has a straight hose which makes it convenient for use.
- It has a translucent tank for easy monitoring.
- The nozzles of the spray can be adjusted.
- The boom can cover up to 7 feet.
- The pressure gauge is designed to be highly visible on the tank.
- None at this time.
The Chapin 97600 15-Gallon can be easily moved around with an ATV or UTV vehicle. It is perfect for users who have smaller yards and average gardens. The tank is translucent making it easy for monitoring and the pressure gauge is located at a strategic place. I recommend this one.
We hope our Best Tow Behind Sprayer Review Guide For This Year on the best tow behind sprayer would help you in purchasing this type of product. Getting a simple product which would serve you very well is our aim and purchasing the best product is our goal for you.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel