Best Truck Bed Tent Review Guide For 2022-2023
Best Truck Bed Tent Review Guide For 2022-2023– Do you ever face a last minute un-plan road trip? And it was a long distance trip, what should we do? While out on a road trip tents offer a much spacious and cozier shelter to your truck. But it’s important to pick just the right tent to install to your truck since these can make or break your whole trip. A truck bed tent is similar to rooftop tent and SUV tent that can keep the rain out when it pours or be able to provide enough space for everyone in your comfortable truck. Now let’s see what kind of tent should you consider buying for your truck? Let us show you some of our recommended truck bed tents. We will also tell you what to look for in a tent when making your buying decision in this Best Truck Bed Tent Review Guide For 2022-2023.
How to Choose the Right Truck Bed Tent:
When it comes to picking a truck bed tent that is suited for your group, you need to consider the material, water resistance, and features. These factors can help you pinpoint a tent that suits your needs.
Type And Size Of The Tent:
The sizes and forms of this type of tents vary, so you need to first choose a tent which will fit the size your vehicle bed, as well as one which will accommodate the number of people you are planning to share it with.
Of course, the most imperative part is to make sure that the particular tent will fit your type of truck or vehicle. This can easily be checked in the technical specifications and lists of compatible vehicles provided by all tent manufacturers and retailers.
You should also think about whether you prefer a tent which comes with flooring or one which is installed directly on top of the truck bed, depending on the volumes of gear you usually carry with you when camping or spending time outdoors.
Think about the size of the tent when it is packed in its bag as well – pick one which will fit the space you have planned for it.
The Seasons And Waterproofness:
Truck bed tents just like traditional tents have a seasonality aspect. There are three and four season tents, so you should think about this aspect as well when you are picking a tent for your truck bed.
4-season tents can be used in the winter and will help keep you warm, cozy and protected from snow and cold, while the 3-season tents are suitable for spring, summer, and fall outdoor use.
It is always highly recommended that you choose a truck tent which is waterproof and will provide protection against strong wind too.
Naturally, the more seasons a tent can withstand – the higher its price will be.
The height and length of the truck bed tent is also a feature worth thinking about before buying one for yourself. If you don’t like to be crammed up in a claustrophobic small space, go for the spacious options available – with high ceilings and sufficient air space. Once again, your choice of the proper length and height depends on whether you plan on sharing the tent with somebody else as well.
It is always great to choose a tent which has some extras, such as a rainfly, awning, insect screens, wind flaps, storage pockets for your gear, rear access openings to get to the cabin of the truck, lantern holders, vents, and other useful accessories which can make life better and easier for you when camping outdoors.
Ease Of Setup
If you are not a very handy person and want a quick and free set up experience, choose a truck bed tent which is easy and fast to set up without the help of other people and without needing to dig into complicated instructions. Fortunately, most of the tents on this list provide an easy setup. It always helps to take a look at some online videos or read the setup instructions before making a purchase.
This is a determining factor for just about anything we buy, so of course, you should contemplate on how big of an investment you are willing to make for a truck bed tent. The best product to buy is one where the price reflects the quality.
DAC Full – Size Truck Tent
The DAC is more of a converter tent that turns the back of your SUV or full-sized truck into a covered shelter. Installing this tent is as easy as raising the rear window, lowering the tailgate, and placing the canvas over the back part of your vehicle.
Shock cords secure the DAC tent in place without scratching your vehicle’s finish. In addition, the canvas has a water-resistant coated polyester material to keep moisture out of the indoor space.
Full Size Truck Cap Tent Model DA2 This DAC Full Size Truck Tent fits trucks with camper tops, hard shell caps, soft caps, and SUVs with a split rear door (a tailgate that opens down and a rear window that opens up). For a proper fit, the tailgate must be greater than or equal to 58 inches wide.
- Easy to apply
- Water resistant polyester material
- Does not fit most truck bed
The DAC tent is simple to set up and does the job of adding a sheltered space in an SUV. Unfortunately, the tent will not work with non-topper truck beds.
Rightline Gear Truck Tents
The Rightline Gear Truck Bed Tent has a floorless design so you can easily set up the tent on your vehicle
without having to rearrange anything on the floor. The buckles and straps are incredibly durable against
physical damages. In addition, they will not damage or scratch your vehicle’s finish while attaching the tent to the back.
To keep moisture out of the inner space during heavy rain the tent uses water-resistant fabric and tape sealed seams. The tent also features a lantern hook and two gear pockets for small item storage. The zippers also glow in the dark so you can easily find them at night when you need to close the tent.
- Unique Floorless Design: Cut down on set up time; the Truck Tent’s floorless design allows for set up without removing gear from the bed.
- 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty: Shop confidently; our service team is based in the USA & skillfully trained to help you with any questions or concerns.
- Quality Weatherproof Construction: Water resistant fabric with tape sealed seams (PU 2000mm) keeps you dry, while the Tent’s heavy duty straps and nylon buckles won’t damage your truck’s finish.
- Sleep Under The Stars: Sky view vent allows for more light, better views and ventilation.
- Room For Two: All truck tents comfortably sleep (2) adults; turn any spot into a comfortable campsite!
- Easy To Install: Truck Tent includes color coded poles and pole pockets for quick and easy set up, rainfly, and stuff sack with sewn-in set up guide.
- Floorless for easy setup
- Weather-resistant material
- Low-quality zippers
We loved how easy it is to set up the Rightline Gear tent onto a truck. It also held its grounds by keeping the rain from entering the tent when the rainfly cover is placed on top of the tent. The only flaw of the tent are the zippers. While it is great for them to have a glow-in-the-dark coating, they are not as durable as found in other tents. The zipper failed to close after some use of the tent.
Napier Enterprises Sportz Truck Tent III for Full Size Regular Bed Trucks
The Enterprises Sportz Truck Tent is another Napier shelter that features a 4′ x 4′ awning. Thanks to the pole attachments the awning easily lifts up and stays in place without any guide ropes. This provides a covered space for a number of uses.
The Napier Truck Tent has a color-coded pole and sleeves that make the setup much easier. It also features two large mesh windows and two side vents for better air circulation.
- Truck Camping Tent
- Quick set up
- Sturdy – long life
- Built-in awning
- Color-coded poles and sleeves
- Limited size options
The awning and color-coded poles with sleeves system get a high score from us. Unfortunately, there are limited size options for this tent available. This makes the Napier enterprises Sportz Truck Tent available to a select number of vehicles.
Sportz Avalanche Truck Tent III
The Napier Outdoors Sportz Tent features a large 6 x 6-foot awning on top of the entrance. This provides
a useful shade for a dry entrance or dining outside the tent.
Napier also included sleeves and color-coded poles to its tent. This allows for quick and easy setup of your tent on your truck’s camper. In addition, the tent uses a tape-seamed design on its rainfly to prevent water from entering the tent.
- Roomy tent sleeps 2 people with over 5.5 feet of headroom and features a sewn in floor
- Color-coded, shock-corded fiber glass poles for a fast and easy set up
- 1 large entrance door and 1 rear access door lets you enter the truck’s cab through the tent
- 6- by 6-foot awning extends off the tailgate creating plenty of shade
- Includes 2 interior pockets and gear loft; carry bag for storage
- Large awning
- Color coded pole and sleeves
- Low-quality zippers
The awning of the Napier Outdoor Sportz Tent has many uses, which is a plus for us. Even the colored pole and sleeves are great in making the setup easy. Unfortunately, the tent’s zipper is not as sturdy as others are. The entrance zipper of our tent was stuck in the middle and later popped out of its loop.
Milliard Truck Tent
The Milliard Truck Tent is another truck shelter that has a built-in floor to provide a sanitized cover under your sleeping beds. Even with the floor, attaching this to the back of your truck is incredibly easy with the use of the strap that secures the tent to your vehicle. The straps and buckles are rubberized so that they do not damage the paint of your truck.
The material of the Milliard Truck Tent is durable and resistant against the elements. With the rainfly cover on, you and your group can stay dry inside the tent during the rain.
- Easy to setup
- Rain resistant material
- Pole can easily break
The Milliard Truck Tent gets thumbs up for its easy setup method and rubberized straps. It also does the job of keeping moisture out of the tent when it rains. The only problem with this tent is the long pole that is not as strong as the tent itself.
Napier 57122 Full Size Regular Box 57 Series Sportz Truck Tent w/ Rain Fly
Like other Napier tent, the 57 Series Sportz Truck Tent features a sewn-in floor for better comfort. It also has two large vents and windows to allow air to cool the inner space efficiently.
This Napier tent also has a color-coded sleeves and pole. This makes setups much easier and faster than other tents. In addition, the polyester material and rainfly cover keep you dry during rainy days.
- Only truck tent on the market with a Patented sewn in floor
- Larger interior area with over 5.6 feet of headroom
- 2 side vents and 2 large windows with middle divider to allow for optional ventilation
- Rear access door allows you to access the truck” cab for additional storage
- Color coded pole and sleeve system allows for a fast, easy set up
- Sewn-in floor
- Color-coded poles and sleeves
- Lack of size options
The color-coded poles and sleeves with sewn-in floors make this a good tent to consider for your vehicle. However, there are limited sized options for the Napier 57 Series Sportz Truck Tent.
Kodiak Canvas Truck Be
The Kodiak Tent features a Hydra-Shield material, which is 100 percent cotton duck canvas. The material keeps condensation from seeping into the inside of the tent while allowing air to circulate within the inner space. In addition, the tent comes in three different sizes to fit your truck bed. This gives you plenty of option as to how big space you need for your group.
The tent is durable enough to withstand the usual wearing and tearing while using it outdoors. Even the YKK zippers will take a long time to deteriorate and no longer able to close the door or windows.
- Made with Hydra-Shield, 100% cotton duck canvas that is durable, watertight and breathable
- Tunnel shaped design maximizes interior space tall 5 ft. ceiling height.Tailgate down design expands useable space
- Large D-shaped door with top of the line YKK zippers.Covered entry.Two convenient gear pockets
- Sturdy, 3/4-inch, steel tube frame connect to the clamp-on rails that easily mount on truck bed for secure fit.All-season use year-round, but not designed for heavy snow accumulations
- Five windows provide excellent ventilation and openness, includes cab access window
- Durable, watertight and breathable
- Hydra-Shield material
- YKK zippers
The Kodiak Tent has most of what we want out of a truck bed shelter such as weather resistant and sturdy materials.
These tents are the best ones that you can find in the market. Always consider tents that have durable materials and water resistant design over anything else. With that said we hope you enjoyed this Best Truck Bed Tent Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Earmuffs For Shooting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Longboards For Beginners Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Camping Lanterns Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Most Popular Gorilla Grip Original Durable Natural Rubber Door Mat Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Hitch Bike Racks Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel