Most Popular Commercial Espresso Machine Review Guide For 2021-2022
Most Popular Commercial Espresso Machine Review Guide For 2021-2022 – Commercial espresso machines are integral for the success of your coffee shop, cafe, or restaurant.
A bustling coffee shop with a steady influx of customers, the gentle murmur of conversation, and the wafting aroma of freshly brewed coffee.
This is what small coffee shop dreams are made of. And you’ve decided to bring this vision to life by opening a coffee shop. Or perhaps, you’re upgrading the brewing equipment at your cafe.
So we’re here to help you make this crucial decision. We’ve rounded up the best commercial espresso machines for this year for you to take into consideration — which requires a little more analysis and math than should ever be associated with coffee.
To find out even more better get a strong cuppa joe to make this decision and keep reading our Most Popular Commercial Espresso Machine Review Guide For 2021-2022.
La Pavoni PUB 1EM-R-1 Group Commercial Espresso Machine
This cute professional espresso machine is compact and capable, as well as totally portable (as long as you can hoist around 80 pounds) with no direct plumbing required. It’s a semi-automatic with a 1.8-liter pour-in reservoir, 6.5-liter boiler, and it’s handy for well-trained staff.
It can produce up to 150 shots of espresso or cappuccinos a day, making the La Pavoni Commercial Espresso maker a good choice for restaurants — especially if you cater!
- Material Stainless Steel
- Brand La Pavoni
- Color Red
- Capacity 6.5 Liters
- Item Weight 80 Pounds
- Commercial Espresso machine
- Direct water line hookup
- Fully portable for catering
- Hot water tap
- Volt 120, 1500-watt
- Compact and totally portable
- Large boiler
- Cup rack built in
- Stainless steel
- Made in Italy
- 1.8-liter reservoir
- Requires skilled staff to mix drinks
- Pour-in reservoir
- Only two types of caffeine, espresso and cappuccino, dispensed
Elektra Sixties Deliziosa Commercial Espresso Machine
Affectionately referred to as a “monster” by Elektra, this isn’t the type that hides under your bed and grabs a dangling ankle in the middle of the night. This shiny beaut will be the star of the show with its steel frame and brass knobs.
While this commercial espresso machine is still considered a semi-automatic, it has 5 automatic dispensing buttons to use for different types of caffeine.
- Brand Elektra
- Color Silver
- Capacity 1.45 Gallons
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 20 x 14 x 18.5 inches
- Wattage 2200 watts
- Automatic 5 doses device Steel frame with anti-twist unit connections Dispenser unit with high heat stability
- Steam/water tap with pivoting lever control Incorporated motor and positive-displacement pump
- High precision gauge with double scale Reduced energy consumption Brewing temperature electronic control and setting Heat exchangers accesible for inspection
- Measurements: 18″ H x 13.75″ W x 20″ D. Weight: 83 pounds. Power: 2200 watts, 110 volts, 60 hertz. Boiler capacity: 1.45 gallons. Made in Treviso, Italy (near Venice). ETL Sanitation Listed.
- 5 automatic dispensing buttons
- Steam/water tap with pivoting control
- High-precision gauge
- Reduced energy consumption (programmable night function)
- Electronic control of brewing temperature
- They’re not open about machine capability — must request information
- Skilled staff members required
Nuova Simonelli Aurelia Ii Digital 4 Group Espresso Machine
This bad boy is quite a leap from the previous two — clocking in at 264 pounds with a price tag that exceeds 17k, the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia takes you up to championship level — seriously.
That’s not an exaggeration. This machine is the only espresso machine certified as ergonomic by the European Institute of Psychology and Ergonomics, as well as the official professional espresso machine of the World Barista Championships. It’s totally automatic, so you can have anyone (wo)man this machine, but, for what it costs you, you’ll want to trust them implicitly.
- Brand Name Nuova Simonelli
- Number of Items 1
- Part Number MAUREIIVDG04ND0001
- UNSPSC Code 48101700
- Nuova Simonelli Aurelia Ii Digital 4 Group Espresso Machine Maureiivdg04Nd0001
- Automatic model ensuring consistency and quality
- 22-liter boiler capacity
- Soft Infusion System for a perfect extraction every time
- Steam wand cool-touch system
- Electric cup warmer
- Able to fill low or tall cups
- Nuova Simonelli has 70 years of experience producing espresso machines
- Easy to use
- Requires a Nema L6-30 Twist power receptacle
Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over Tank Version Lux Espresso Machine
Are you interested in having the reliability and quality of a name brand that’s been doing its thing for a while now without the huge price? Well, the Nuova Simonelli Musica Pour Over Tank Version is a model to consider.
It’s output isn’t nearly as high as the Aurelia, and it’s a semi-automatic, but it does have programmable sizes, such as ristretto and espresso. This commercial espresso machine is compact and able to make about 60 cups a day, so it’s for small locations or offices primarily.
- Material Metal
- Brand Nuova Simonelli
- Capacity 0.53 Gallons
- Human Interface Input Buttons
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 16 x 12.75 x 16.75 inches
- None at this time
- Programmable cup sizes
- Brand name reliability
- Front-mounted pressure gauge
- Digital LCD menu
- Insulated boiler
- Caps out at 60 cups
- Needs skill for mixed drinks
Jura WE8 Professional Automatic Coffee Machine
The Jura WE8 Professional is like your most agreeable friend. You know, the one that never has a problem driving and has a flexible schedule. They’re generally pleasant and provide engaging 1-on-1 conversation, but they’re also delightful in small groups, too.
The Jura WE8 professional is a lot like that person — it has a 101-ounce reservoir and a 17.6-ounce beans and grounds container, which is enough for 25 portions. The Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display makes it easy to use any one of the 12 pre-programmable coffee types!
- Size: 101 oz.
- Color: Chrome
- Material Plastic
- Brand Jura
- Color Chrome
- Capacity 6.3 Pounds
- Human Interface Input Buttons
- ONE TOUCH: Prepare 12 barista quality specialties including perfect espresso with JURA’s exclusive Pulse Extraction Process, coffee, cappuccino, flat white and latte macchiato at the touch of a button
- CONICAL BURR GRINDER: Fast and precise AromaG3 grinder grinds whole beans to the optimum fineness
- ECO FRIENDLY: JURA is always freshly ground, not capsuled – fresh taste with very limited waste – single serve machine
- OFFICE USE: Perfect machine for your workplace – ideal for small offices and self-serve coffee bars
- CAPACITY: 101 ounce water tank, 17.6 ounce bean container
- Included components: Jura WE8 Automatic Coffee Machine, Chrome, Power Cord, Water Tank, Milk Pipe, Drip Tray, Grounds Container, Bean Container Cover, Container for milk system cleaning, Measuring Spon for Ground Coffee, Hot Water Nozzle
- Automatic machine at an affordable price
- 12-programmable options
- 101-ounce reservoir
- 17.6-ounce beans and grounds container
- 8 levels of coffee strength
- 2 brewing temperatures
- 3 hot water temperatures
- Pulse Extraction process
- Maxes out at 30 cups of specialty coffee per day
La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B Commercial 2 Group
This machine hits a nice middle ground in price if you’re serious about coffee — this is a good option for coffee shops, cafes, or anywhere with a decent output of caffeine required.
This press-forged brass and chrome plated machine is pretty enough to display prominently, and the built-in cup rack across the top encourages that. Multiple users can operate this semi-automatic machine at the same time, as well as the two flexible steam jets and one hot water jet. At 149 pounds, this machine certainly has presence and capability.
- Brand La Pavoni
- Color Red
- Capacity 14 Liters
- Human Interface Input Buttons
- Item Weight 139 Pounds
- Programmable/Automatic Coffee Dosing
- Manual Over-ride of All Functions
- Dual Pressure Gauge Monitors Constant Group and Boiler Pressure
- Electronic Automatic Water Level Control with Sight Glass
- Water Softener to Reduce Hard Water is Included
- Quality material
- Multiple users can use it at the same time
- Two flexible steam jets
- One hot water het
- Boiler Auto-Fill system
- Mounting pressure gauges
- Stainless steel waterline (installation included)
- Water softener included
- Continuous brewing and stop button
- Must install water softener to maintain warranty
- Inching towards a higher price
- Skilled workers required
Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II Volumetric 2 Group Espresso Machine
This is Nuova Simonelli’s third entry on our list and (spoiler) not the last. There’s a reason for that — they’re known to take everything into account when crafting their machines, from the owner of the establishment, to the barista, to the coffee drinker. The Aurelia II Volumetric 2 has an ergonomic design and clear displays, and it’s automatic, so anyone can make creamy cappuccinos.
- Brand Nuova Simonelli
- Color Black
- Capacity 14 Liters
- Voltage 220 Volts
- Volumetric or manual dosing
- LCD Display
- Cool Touch Wands
- Surface Leds
- Push Pull Steam
- Automated Cleanings
- Power Saving Options
- optional autosteam wand available
- Barista Training available!
- Free Installation and Free Shipping from Java Exotic Imports
- External pump regulation, so no technician is required
- Auto-steam wand
- Display allows for easy control of the temperature
- Automatic flushing system
- Soft infusion system
- Can meet any required level of volume and quality
- Extraction mirror
- On the pricier side
Nuova Simonelli Talento Espresso Machine
As the second-most expensive model on this list and the fourth entry for Nuova Simonelli, you know that this sleek machine packs a punch. This super-automatic has an included coffee grinder, dual boilers, and a hot water nozzle. It’s able to produce 150 espresso shots per hour.
So, if your demand is high, this machine is in high demand. It comes with a Smart Wand® that really does allow for some top-notch magic — hook it up to an external milk cooler and the Talento can make up to eight different drinks with nothing but a button push from you. Pure magic.
- None at this time
- Super-automatic machine
- 150 espresso shots per hour
- Smart Wand® makes magic
- Dual boilers (2.5-liters)
- Automatic cleaning program
- Grinds a double shot in 3.5 seconds
- Large menu display
- Have to drop some dollars to get this level of functionality
- Must hook up to an external milk cooler for the advanced functions
How To Make Espresso At Home- Ultimate Guide
Let’s get a few terms out of the way — a commercial espresso machine is made for mass production of coffee beverages, aka, the ones used in businesses to provide customers with caffeine.
There are typically two types of these commercial coffee machines: semi-automatic or super-automatic, and they both have some lengthy price ranges depending on how much capability your staff has. (Note: Technically, there are also manual (or ‘lever’) commercial machines, but they’re quite rare to find. Manual espresso machines for home-use are much more common.)
Semi-automatic machines require much more skill to use, so your staff will need some barista training to make sure that they’re capable of pulling shots and frothing milk with a consistent quality.
There are two types of super automatic machines — one-step and two-step. One-step machines require no training or skill. You can throw the 16-year old neighbor’s kid at the helm of one of these beauts with reasonable confidence that the coffee drink will turn out delicious.
Two-step machines are the middle ground between a semi and a super-automatic — but it’s still considered a type of the latter. These professional coffee machines will make the shot without much effort from staff, but will require them to froth the milk using a wand.
Deciding between Semi-Automatic and Super-Automatic. This is the point where you’ll have to figure out your main purpose of your professional espresso machine.
Are you going to be opening up nice cafe that will be serving up espresso drinks?
Or, are you looking for the best espresso machine where the customers can make the beverage themselves?
If quality is your priority, then you should go with a semi-automatic. But if ease of use is more important, than go with a super-automatic.
The reason for this is because there will be some ‘give and take’ when it comes to ease of use and your ability to customize a drink with a semi vs. a super.
As we previously mentioned, semi-automatic machines require more effort, but you’ll be able to make adjustments and ‘tweaks’ to your drinks to get it just right.
With a super-automatic, you’re essentially at the mercy of a button. Other than changing out the beans, there isn’t a whole lot you can do to customize your drink.
Q: How Much Does A Commercial Espresso Machine Cost?
A: Commercial espresso machines cost way more than home espresso machines. And there’s a reason for that. If you’re going to charge $2 per cup of coffee and plan on selling hundreds of those throughout a day, you need to make a significant investment in your espresso machine.
There is a wide variety in terms of cost and features, but even at the cheapest you’ll be spending a minimum of $1,000. On the expensive end of the spectrum, you could be looking at $40-50,000.
Q: Why Are Commercial Espresso Machines So Expensive?
A: Commercial espresso machines are expensive for a reason – they are built to handle the heavy workload of a busy coffee joint. Even the most expensive home espresso machine won’t be able to hold a candle to the most basic commercial-grade machine.
A commercial espresso machine has heavy-duty components like a water pump (capable of delivering at least 9 bars of pressure), a water circulation system and boiler, and multiple heads to keep up with the brisk demand for coffee. Building such a machine means adhering to stringent engineering and safety standards. And those come at a steep price.
Q: Any Tips For Opening A Coffee Shop?
A: I’m no expert on opening a coffee shop, but when it comes to the business side of things, it’s similar to running any other brick-and-mortar store. You can find lots of resources online to do your research.
However, starting a cafe will have its own challenges. Primary among them is the cost of opening a coffee shop. You also need to make a business plan accordingly. Most importantly though, do your research before jumping in head first, and buy quality equipment including different types of coffee makers (cold brew makers, French presses, single serve coffee makers, drip machines, etc), a commercial coffee grinder, a reliable espresso maker, and more.
So, knowing all of that, let’s throw out a few things to keep in mind.
1 How many cups of coffee will these commercial coffee machines be producing each day?
2 What types of coffee drinks do you offer on your menu (or want to offer)?
3 What’s the skill level of your staff?
Did you keep those questions in mind? Then you’ll know that there’s no way to pick just one and say it’s the best. Obviously, the Nuova Simonelli Talento Espresso Machine is the holy grail, but not everyone needs that much volume.
The Jura WE8 Professional Automatic Coffee Machine is ideal when your needs aren’t demanding, while the La Pavoni BAR-T 2V-B Commercial 2 Group is a great middle ground.
Ultimately, you need to assess the needs of your business, determine your circumstances, and buy a machine that’ll best accommodate your daily endeavors! Best of luck, coffee connoisseurs and thanks for taking the time to read our Most Popular Commercial Espresso Machine Review Guide For 2021-2022.
- Top Of The Line Electric Chainsaws Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Electric Lawn Mowers Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Gas Powered Water Pumps Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fly Fishing Rods Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fishing Paddle Boards Review Guide For 2021-2022
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto