Most Popular Evaporative Air Cooler Review Guide For 2022-2023
Most Popular Evaporative Air Cooler Review Guide For 2022-2023 – When things really start heating up, the first thing many people do is go out and get an air conditioner.
However, if you don’t have central air or are looking for a more eco-friendly, budget-friendly option then you need an evaporative cooler.
Evaporative coolers, also commonly referred to as “swamp coolers” involve a water reservoir and pads to produce cool and air that’s just humid enough for dry climates.
It is pretty obvious that handling summer hot air is not easy at all for everyone. Especially in places where temperatures cross 60 degrees or more.
As we all start feeling suffocating once the temperature crosses more than 35-degree Celsius. Even at this level, powerful fans fail to lower down the temperature at the extreme humidity and heat.
In these situations, some of the best evaporative air cooler or best outdoor evaporative cooler can easily maintain or bring down the temperature up to 10 degrees to 15 degrees.
But, Don’t worry, you don’t need to worry about what is the best portable cooler that can make you feel nice and comfortable.
Based on the best evaporative air cooler review, we have researched and dug the top Rated portable evaporative cooler reviews under budget, out of millions of varieties available in the market.
This Swamp cooler Makes you feel nice and comfortable by bringing down the temperature which ultimately enhances the capacity to tolerate the heat by balancing the room temperature when the weather temperature is too hot.
Below discussed all coolers are verified, highly versatile and best rated based on customer online reviews.
This review and buying guide will also help you to find the best swamp cooler for your needs. To see our picks keep reading my Most Popular Evaporative Air Cooler Review Guide For 2022-2023.
Honeywell 500 CFM with Remote Control Indoor/Outdoor Evaporative Air Cooler
Honeywell International Inc.was established in 1885 and deals in consumer and commercial products. Being a big and reputed company you get the guarantee of a good and authentic evaporative cooler.
Product Dimensions 15 x 19 x 33 inches
Honeywell 500 CFM Gray with Remote Control has an Extra Honeycomb Filter that is suitable for indoor and outdoor.
Based on Honeywell air cooler review, this is structured for a small room that has indoor ability to throw air up to 300 square feet and outdoor ability up to 9.3 yards.
Weight of the cooler is 32 pound (14.515 in Kg), which again makes it very easy to lift and remote it at any place by anyone without enough physical effort.
This Honeywell swamp cooler portable is suitable for deserted areas where the air is dry due to low humidity behavior.
Therefore, it perfectly provides highly efficient cooling where the humidity level is below 60% and offers maximum cooling efficiency.
It is energy efficient which costs less energy and thus makes it environment friendly. It can easily work with full efficiency without a compressor.
Honeywell outdoor air cooler is environment friendly and easy to use. You also don’t need to do any setup to operate this cooler. You can simply add water and put some pieces of ice and plug it.
If it is placed outdoors, It is not affected by UV rays. Because it is designed in such a way that it can withstand any weather condition and prevents it from surface deterioration caused by sun rays.
This construction of this cooler consists of an extra honeycomb filter which helps to deviate the light in the direct beam and thus prevents the light from spreading out.
It comes with the remote control to control this from a distance. This feature helps you to protect from the electric shock that may happen due to any electrical fault.
- Kit includes CO25AE air cooler and an extra honeycomb filter (2401941)
- Swamp cooler for both indoor and outdoor use when humidity level is 60% OR LESS for maximum efficiency
- Best used when the air is hot with low humidity, such as desert areas like the southwestern United States
- Indoor use: For open environments with adequate cross ventilation up to 300 sq. ft.
- Outdoor use: Weather resistant, UV protected, and has an air-throw up to 9. 3 yards
- Suitable for the deserted area with low humidity
- Easy to use
- Environment friendly
- Not suitable for high humid climates
- Not recommended for Humidity above 60%
- Suitable for small room
Hessaire MC37M portable Evaporative Air Cooler Amazon’s Choice
Hessaire established and situated in Cullman Alabama since 1996. It is very well known for Home appliances.
Hessaire takes customer requirements seriously and offers affordable and high standards portable evaporative coolers. As far as product performance is concerned, this brand is good to go with.
Hessaire MC37M portable evaporative air cooler (Bestseller on amazon), Despite being compact in size and light in weight (15 kg), its oscillation design gives strong cooling performances even when the temperature rises above 37 degrees or more.
Hessaire portable swamp cooler is highly preferable over the air conditioner. Its high-velocity axial fan blade brings down temperature down efficiently that makes you feel relaxed and comfortable during summer when the weather temperature is too hot.
Hessaire portable swamp cooler doesn’t let you put any physical effort when you want to move its location anywhere because it has heavy-duty four-wheel casters.
High-density grid media pad provides maximum cooling and durability. So, this summer’s 2021 hot weather can’t stop you to enjoy your best Playstation exclusives of all time.
Hessaire design features a 3-panel blade which helps for more air intake which also helps to diminish pre-rotation.
If you want to use or go for any cooler, then a hessaire air cooler could turn out to be a good option.
Based on hessaire evaporative cooler reviews on amazon, it’s best outdoor evaporative cooler rather than using it for indoor enclosed spaces.
where chances of low and unpredictable precipitation happens frequently because of the dry climate.
The best about the airflow is that it can be about 6 feet on low settings. And if it keeps on running on the same setting then you can get it worked about 10 hrs.
It works on 120 volts. And along with it, you will get 7 feet long wire. The Hessaire portable cooler has a 10-gallon water reservoir capacity and can spread air about 900 square feet.
- PORTABLE – 4 heavy duty locking casters for cooling home, patio or workshop spaces up to 950 square feet
- COMPACT YET POWERFUL – 37x17x24 inches; 3, 100 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM); 3 fan speeds and oscillating louvers to ensure even distribution, wide coverage and comfort
- EASY TO OPERATE & SIMPLE TO MAINTAIN – 3 simple rotary controls allow the fan (Off, Hi, Med, Low), pump (On, Off) and oscillation motor (On, Off) to be controlled independently
- MANUAL & CONTINUOUS FILL – Utilize the Continuous Fill option by attaching a household hose with the included float adaptor, eliminating the need to manually watch and fill the water tank
- SUPERCHARGED, ECONOMICAL COOLING – 3-sided rigid high-density cooling pads for increased evaporative surface area generating cooler air
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- Voltage: 115 volts
- Powerful and maximum cooling
- Excellent motor quality
- Big water tank which lasts up to 12hrs on slow setting
- Highly rigid and strong
- Quiet Loud
- Not designed for indoor
Newair AF-310 Indoor/Outdoor Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
NewAir was established in the garage in 2002 as a premier choice in home appliances. Now it deals in portable evaporative air conditioner cooler, wine cooler, heater, ice maker etc.
Although it is known for gadget manufacturing, However, NewAir AF-310 portable evaporative air conditioner cooler tower fan with remote is one of the best in terms of energy-efficient, water reservoir and power cooling.
Product Dimensions 13 x 12 x 35 inches
This Newair evaporative air cooler also known as swamp cooler is designed for outdoor and indoors as well. It is best suitable for low humidity and high-temperature areas.
This cooler works on cyclonic cooling technology. It is very easy to operate. You just need to fill the tank and plug the wire and start.
Even in the optimal environment condition, it can bring down your room temperature by 20 degrees and cover best up to 200 square feet to 250 square feet almost.
It has a digital display that can also be easily controlled with a remote, because of which you don’t need to get up every time also when you want to change the setting.
This feature also keeps safe with the fear of any electric shock. Moreover, once you fill the water tank it can last up to 10 hrs without any problem.
It is designed in such a way that it can easily be moved from one place to another by any thin or old person without difficulty. Being highly energy-efficient, it can reduce energy consumption by up to 25% less and can work effectively as 100-watt bulb works.
The most important functionality is that the humidifier, air cooler and tower fan all work simultaneously due to which it refreshes and cools air temperature even when weather temperature is at optimal condition.
Its inbuilt fan setting can be changed from low to high at 3 different speeds.
- SWAMP COOLER – This powerful fan and evaporative cooler offers two ways to cool your personal space
- FEATURES – With 3 fan speeds, 3 cooling modes and an automatic timer, this air humidifier has is all
- ECO-FRIENDLY – Instead of freon and other chemicals, get climate control that uses clean evaporation
- QUALITY – This portable air conditioner is made with quality materials, to keep you comfy all day
- NEWAIR – With good quality products and excellent customer service, NewAir is a name you can trust
- Wattage: 80 watts
- Environment friendly
- Save energy and run at very low cost
- Easy to use
- Nice sound
- Big water reservoir
- Not suitable for high humidity
- Ac replacement
Honeywell CO60PM Portable Evaporative Air Cooler for Indoor/Outdoor
In the line of best, This honeywell evaporative cooler review out of all other products maintains the same legacy as other best honeywell swamp coolers do.
If you are searching for a low budget high cooling product then this is the best portable evaporative air cooler with high energy efficiency.
Product Dimensions 18 x 28 x 40 inches
This has the best use for large open rooms, patio/ BBQ areas, garage, deck, backyard, warehouse. Especially ideal for hot and dry climates.
For maximum efficiency, it works best when the humidity level is less than 60% i.e. low humidity and hot air.
As far as weight is concerned, it is 41.5 pounds in weight (18.82 Kg) which is not too much in weight.
This Honeywell portable cooler unit has an outdoor mist fan which sprays wet mist over your floor and furniture.
However, the power of water evaporation significantly doesn’t let you and your family get wet because it reduces the temperature quickly by the evaporation process as soon as it falls on the floor and thus it saves your floor and furniture from getting wet.
Honeywell Outdoor Evaporative Coolers have air cooler, fan and humidifier which is combined into one compact energy-saving system.
You also don’t need to keep a water tub with you every time because its 16-gallon large water tank extends the duration of operation without refilling it.
There is a swamp cooler filter embedded along with 15-inch fan blades that reduces the warm air temperature and converts it into fresh powerful cool air which is what you need according to your outdoor temperature.
It works on aerodynamics properties which cut down energy consumption too effectively. Due to its light body and compact design, it becomes easy to move it anywhere without putting much effort.
You have got a strong and glossy connection which is friendly to use. You just need to plug the cord and it starts working.
To avoid messy tangle, it has been provided with a storage box where you can easily roll down cord accordingly. if not in use, just simply put it here.
- Product Dimensions: 18.35″ D x 27.56″ W x 40.04″ H | Product Weight: 41 lbs
- Recommended for areas up to 850 sq. ft.
- Backyard BBQ’s, pool parties, relaxing on the porch, garden or deck—an outdoor evaporative air cooler beats the summer’s heat and keeps the good times rolling.
- US Compliant, Outdoor-Rated Honeywell Swamp Cooler with UV resistant material & GFCI cord for safe outdoor operation.
- Built to cool large spaces with minimal effort! Top loading ice compartment with a continuous water hose connection & triple-sided Honeywell Honeycomb Cooling Pads means powerful evaporative cooling all day long.
- Like a cool, lake breeze, Evaporative Air cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation. Moist, cool breeze can cool you down without spraying floor & furniture with water!
- Built-to-Last, Honeywell Air Coolers have been leading the industry with their quality products for over 12 years.
- Multiple levels of speed option
- Big and strong fan for fast cooling
- Energy efficient
- Large water tank
- Quiet loud and noisy
- less durability
Evapolar evaCHILL Personal Evaporative Air Cooler and Humidifier Portable Air Conditioner Fan
Do you want a personal portable air cooler? If yes, evapolar evachill personal evaporative air conditioners and humidifier review is going to be the best option.
The main importance of such a cooler is that it is designed to cool, reduce warm air, purify and humidify your personal spaces.
It easily filters out organic substances, dust particles and improves air quality which in turn help you to increase your working capacity. isn’t it amazing?
Product Dimensions 7 x 7 x 7 inches
The weight of this little Personal Evapolar portable air cooler is 2.01 pound (0.911 kg) which is perfect to meet your personal/individual requirement and enough to cool the area up to 45 square feet (equivalent to your desk spaces).
If you check best Evapolar personal air cooler on amazon then you will find it bestseller products in the personal swamp cooler.
This is also ideal for the traveller who can easily operate it, using a USB power supply embedded into it while travelling. The main advantage is that it consumes very less energy which is only about 7 watt.
This personal evaporative air cooler unit has got a big water tank which doesn’t bother you to fill the water tank every time because once you fill the tank it works smoothly up to 9 hrs continuously.
Being suited for adults and children, who need a different level of air at different temperatures. The 4-fan attached along with it has been designed to adjust it on three different levels i.e low medium and high.
Here you can easily lower down the temperature by 15 degrees.
Evapolar Personal Evaporative Air Cooler (Customer) Review
evapolar personal evaporative air cooler
- 3-IN-1: Evapolar evaCHILL cools and humidifies the air, and as a bonus works as a night light for your comfort sleep. You don’t need more to have several devices like air conditioner and humidifier
- 100% SAFE FOR BREATHING: Eva Breeze, the new evaporative material that we use, carries no organic materials so it doesn’t rot, no toxic Freon-like liquids and uses fully biodegradable evaporative pads
- FOR PERSONAL USE – Cools the area in front of the device (45 sq. ft. ), approximately the size of a desk, couch or bed
- LEAKAGE-PROOF SYSTEM and Intuitive and easy to understand user control pad
- ENLARGED WATER TANK, increasing the working time up to 9 hours
- Power cooling for personal spaces
- Easy to handle anywhere
- Noiseless operation
- Deviate air in a single direction
- Not for high humidity area.
Hessaire MC18M 1,300 Cfm Evaporative Air Cooler
After discussing the best of the portable evaporative air cooler, we have also reviewed the Hessaire MC18M evaporative cooler which also needs to be introduced in the line of the top rated evaporative coolers.
Hessaire MC18M portable swamp cooler is one the bestseller cooler this year on amazon.
Product Dimensions 20 x 10 x 27 inches
Hessaire air cooler can be the best option to go with because it doesn’t cost you much but has a high cooling capacity.
Although it is compact but with these small prices, the manufacturing and design is quite well which is enough to cool down your air room temperature.
Hessaire company providing quality cooling appliances for years. And Hessaire MC18M 1300 CFM Evaporative Cooler is one of the best in the line of quality products having higher energy efficiency and cooling efficiency.
It weighs only 16 pound (7.25 Kg) which shows how compact design would be. It has 4 caster wheels attached to it which again signifies that mobility of this is so easy to anywhere even if you are thin.
Despite having a compact design and lightweight, it gives the most powerful air cooling. This unit has got an amazing high-density grid media pad which lets the warm air pass through it easily and filters out all dust particles and spread fresh and environment-friendly air.
It is suited best in a closed area or indoor and it has the ability to cool down a room up to 500 square feet that’s why it is best suited for the semi-closed area.
Hessaire evaporative air cooler has a big water tank which has a capacity about 5-gallon limit so you no longer have to bother about the water tank because it can work up to 5 hrs before the water runs out or depends on how hot the weather condition is.
There is an inbuilt display screen that will let you read the water level easily.
If you will check the picture, you will find that there is a control panel at the right top of the cooler. And it has three different levels (low/high/medium) which you can set up as per humidity level to get the best cooling out of it.
- PORTABLE – 4 heavy duty casters make it perfect for indoor/outdoor use in spaces up to 500 square feet
- COMPACT YET POWERFUL – 28x22x12 inches with a weight of 16 pounds (unfilled); 1,300 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) with manually adjustable louvers that can direct airflow up and down at the same time
- EASY TO OPERATE & SIMPLE TO MAINTAIN – Intuitive operation with a motor speed dial with 5 setting: 2 cooling modes on HI and LOW speed (pump on), 2 fan-only modes HI and LOW speed (pump off)
- MANUAL & CONTINUOUS WATER FILL – Use the Continuous Fill option by attaching a household hose with the included brass float adapter and float valve to control the level in the tank without monitoring
- AVAILABLE IN 3 COLORS – Grey (MC18M), Teal (MC18MT) and Green (MC18V)
- Easy to use
- Power cooling
- Small water tank
- Manual operation
BREEZEWELL 2-in-1 Evaporative Air Cooler
This is modern in both looks and function. If you’re on the hunt for the best swamp cooler for smaller spaces, this is definitely one to consider!
While it’s not absolutely the least expensive on our guide, it’s one of the most affordable which makes it attractive to many potential consumers.
Coming in an all-white colorway, and a see-through center, it is definitely one of the coolest we’ve seen (literally and figuratively). The tower fan is completely bladeless which is the safest way to go if you have children or pets.
Not only that, but bladeless machines deliver a consistently smooth stream of fast air. This makes it one of the easiest to clean as you don’t have to dust off blades and grilles.
To get things cooling, all you have to do is press the power button! You have 3 speed settings and a 40-degree automatic swing to distribute cold air evenly around the room.
Due to the smaller 1-gallon capacity, this is ideal for living rooms, average-sized bedrooms, offices, and so on.
The whisper-quiet tech will make you forget it’s even there, making it the perfect solution while you’re working or sleeping.
Are you tight on space? If so, we’re positive you’ll appreciate the sleek and modern design which makes it easy to fit into tight places.
It’s just one of the many reasons why it’s a favorite among those who live in studio apartments.
- ❆【Convenient and Portable Design】 8-Hour Timer feature and remote control amplify your freedom. Just a click to control your fan from 20 feet, making it possible that enjoy a gentle outdoor wind in your own living room while you are reading your favorite books or enjoying the recent series without having to get up from the couch. Also, there is an automatic shutdown in 1 to 8-hour intervals or you could just use the convenient remote.
- ❆【Bladeless Deign for Safety and Easy Cleaning】If you are looking for a bladeless cooling solution, this evaporative air cooler will be an unavoidable choice. Thanks to the bladeless design, it is much safer to use in the household that have children or pets. Another impressive things about the bladeless is the cooling effect, it delivers a stream of smooth, therapeutic and high-velocity air, for personal cooling. No awkward safety grille or blades to clean
- ❆【Energy Saving & Eco-friendly】Compared with your costly AC, Breezewell Evaporative Air Cooler has no compressor and does not use chemical refrigerants and it is more environmentally friendly and safe for your health. By adding ice or cold water, you can easily enjoy extra coolness in seconds with a low cost. Ever refilling is not a problem, it comes with a removable 1 gallon water tank which is easy to fill and clean.
- ❆【3 Wind Speeds, 4 Modes & Extra Swing Feature】Designed, programed and engineered for adaptability. Breezewell have developed this easy-to-use tower fan for you. There is only a push of power bottom between you the widespread coolness. Easy to control with 3-speed settings plus 40° automatic swing to give all the comfort you need – low, medium, or high speed. Meanwhile, you are able to easily find an appropriate mode-normal, sleep, natural, or cooling – to your taste.
- ❆【Convenient and Portable Design】 8-Hour Timer feature and remote control amplify your freedom. Just a click to control your fan from 20 feet, making it possible that enjoy a gentle outdoor wind in your own living room while you are reading your favorite books or enjoying the recent series without having to get up from the couch. Also, there is an automatic shutdown in 1 to 8-hour intervals or you could just use the convenient remote. The built-in handle is designed for easy movement.
- Serious cooling, worth the price
- Not overly loud
- Some said performance was so far from what is advertised
MaxxAir Portable Evaporative Cooler
Our next model is on the other end of the spectrum in terms of capacity. If you need something made for covering massive square footage, look no further than the MaxxAir Portable Evaporative Cooler.
This heavy-duty cooler is best-suited for more commercial use or general outdoor use due to its robust size and capacity.
To be upfront, this isn’t a machine that takes style or trendiness much into consideration. It’s designed to be reliable and durable, above all, and it does that well. Made to reduce ambient temperatures in spaces up to 2600 square feet by up to 26 degrees without AC, you have to feel it to believe it.
This is possible due to the huge, 25-gallon reservoir which has the option to connect to a direct water line, so it never goes interrupted.
The body is made of rotomolded polyethylene which holds up very well against the sun and the blades are made of aluminum, so you can count on having it for many years to come.
With no assembly required, it’s absolutely the easiest to get up and running, despite its larger size.
It’s easy to move, too, due to the straight and swivel casters for smooth rolling around to where you need it most.
- HUGE COVERAGE : This model is designed to lower the ambient temperature in areas up to 2600 sq. ft. by as much as 26°F without air conditioning and can be connected to a direct water line or used with the 25 gal. reservoir for independent usage.
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR : Rotomolded polyethelene body and totally enclosed direct drive motor suitable for indoor/outdoor usage.
- EASY PORTABILITY : Straight and swivel casters for easy portability.
- EASY CONNECTION : Connect to direct water line or use 25 gal. water reservoir. Fully submersible water pump and float valve.
- NO ASSEMBLY : This cooler is fully assembled, easy to maintain, and has low operational costs thanks to the energy-efficient pump and motor components.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION : Super durable rotomolded construction for maximum durability without a ton of weight.
- Works exceptionally well
- Indoor/outdoor use
- Easy Connection
- None at this time
hOmeLabs Evaporative Cooler
As one of the best portable evaporative cooler options, the hOmelabs Evaporative Cooler features 3 wind modes, 3 speeds, and a humidifier like most others on our guide. Ideal for spaces of up to 200 square feet, it works well in the vast majority of homes.
The all-white color goes with just about everything and is lightweight and slim enough to fit nicely into a corner without obstructing anything or anyone.
Weighing only 18.45 pounds, you can simply pick up the appliance and move it where you need it. The 10L water tank capacity is enough that you won’t have to babysit its levels, but is compact enough that it’s not a hassle to move around.
Oscillating vents make it even easier to evenly distribute cool air, offering quick air movement so you don’t have to wait around for the temperature to lower.
Great for the person who’s always busy, it comes with a 24-hour programmable timer that turns the unit off and on when you need it. Never again will you be left wondering if you accidentally left your cooler on while you’re at work or at the store.
Not only that, but you can control the swing direction, temperature, speed, and mode. Choose to do so through the LED display control panel or with the included remote control!
- Need a quick relief from the heat? Our portable hOmeLabs Evaporative Cooler got your back to keep you cool over the summer. This indoor swamp cooler is designed to conveniently cool a room with up to 200 square feet dimension and has a tank container that allows you to add up to 10-liter of ice water for extra coolness.
- Our high-quality air cooling machine is smartly designed with an LED display control panel and includes a handy remote control to easily set the time, swing direction, temperature, speed, and mode from across the room. Choose your preferred power level from Low, Mid, and High. Natural, Sleep, or Normal wind mode? There’s always one that is perfect for you.
- What’s cooler than being cool? This 14.7 x 13.1 x 34 inches space-saving evaporative cooler with oscillating vents for faster and even air distribution only uses water to cool the air, unlike traditional air conditioners that use heavy compressors or refrigerant gas. Our cooler increases humidity to help you feel more comfortable.
- No worries if you don’t want to leave the cooler running while you’re asleep as we designed our evaporative cooler with a 24-hour programmable timer that you can easily set to help save energy by turning the unit on and off automatically. Also designed with a visible and audible low-water indicator to easily monitor the water level of your cooler.
- To provide clean cool air for your optimum relaxation and comfort, we designed a removable and reusable nylon air filter to protect your family and living space from dust and pet hairs. To extend the life and performance of this unit, we recommend you to clean the filter every week of operation. Simply slide the filter out and clean with mild detergent and a soft brush.
- Lightning fast delivery and cooling effects
- LED display control panel
- Handy remote control
- The unit did produce a bit of weird smelling air the first night
FRIGIDAIRE Indoor and Outdoor Evaporative Cooler
Frigidaire is a brand almost all of us have used, or at least heard of. Their supreme reputation has kept them around for decades due to their use of quality materials and expert craftsmanship.
Their Frigidaire Indoor and Outdoor Evaporative Cooler further proves that, offering an oversized 10.6-gallon water tank ideal for hot summers.
Providing up to 1650 CFMs of airflow, it’s designed for slightly larger spaces like garages and warehouses. However, if you have big, open spaces in your home it’ll work well for that, too.
Just like most models on our guide, this one also comes with 3 fan speeds for you to adjust depending on the environment and space.
Due to the size of the tank, you really never have to deal with it running out of water. If you use it outdoors, it genuinely never will run out, as you can hook it up to a hose.
The 3 thick cooling pads that come included cover the rear and sides to keep things extra cool, even from far away. However, should you need to move it around, it’s easy to do with the built-in, easy-glide casters.
The pads are easy to remove and clean, which is necessary, especially if it’s placed in a dusty or sandy environment.
- The Frigidaire Indoor and Outdoor Evaporative Cooler (Swamp Cooler) offers an efficient, eco-friendly alternative to traditional A/C that’s perfect for garages, warehouses, and other large spaces.
- The 10.6-gallon tank can also be connected to a standard garden hose for refill-free outdoor use. Stay comfortable all summer long in arid climates west of the Mississippi.
- Provides up to 1650 CFMs of airflow to spread the breeze far and wide.
- The 10.6-gallon tank hardly ever runs out of water, and you can eliminate refills entirely when you use this evaporative cooler outside.
- Three thick cooling pads cover the back and sides of this evaporative cooler to maximize evaporation with extra surface area.
- Easy-glide casters make this evaporative cooler a snap to position anywhere you need it.
- 10.6-gallon tank
- Provides up to 1650 CFMs of airflow
- Easy-glide casters
- Cheap caster
- 1 year warranty period
Most Popular Evaporative Air Cooler Buying Guide For 2022-2023
How to Choose the Best Evaporative Cooler
Now that you have read through all of the top evaporative coolers, have you decided which one is right for you? If you’re still on the fence or haven’t quite narrowed it down to one, that’s okay!
We know it can be challenging to select just one when there are so many great options.
That’s why we’ve decided to go ahead and write up this comprehensive buying guide.
This guide will take you through each feature and consideration to make to ensure you find the most well-suited cooler for you and your environment.
First things first – we need to figure out the size of the evaporative cooler that’s right for what you’re looking for. If your cooler is designed for a space much larger than yours, it can end up being too powerful.
However, if it’s not powerful enough then it’s not going to cool properly.
You’ll need to look at the CFM rating and/or the square footage. CFM is the more accurate of the two, While there are other areas of importance, these two specifications give you a starting point.
If you aren’t sure of your square footage, all you have to do is measure the length and width of your room and multiply them. To get the CFM, you’ll need to measure the height, too.
The tank capacity will usually go hand-in-hand with the CFM rating and size. The bigger the CFM rating, the bigger the tank is going to be most times.
Some even come with the option to connect to a regular hose, which means you never have to deal with it running out of water.
This is especially helpful if you don’t have much time to monitor the water levels, or if you’re planning on using the cooler outdoors.
The vast majority of the evaporative coolers on our guide come with 3 different operational modes: Low, Medium, and High. The CFM rating is typically rated for the highest setting, though is also the loudest.
The lowest setting is almost always near-silent or incredibly quiet, making it perfect for use while sleeping or working.
Coolers that come with oscillation features are also preferable in most situations, as they help to distribute cool air evenly.
You may have noticed that models come with a varying number and size of cooling pads. Larger pads are usually preferable, but what is more important is what they’re made from.
Cellulose is the top option, which is what almost all the pads on this guide are comprised of. You also have to consider how often they need to be replaced as some of the more rare material options are pretty expensive.
The durability will vary a bit as well, depending on the materials used and craftsmanship. While it’s not a rule, it’s always a bit easier to opt for a reputable brand as they’re usually already known to create well-made products.
As these coolers are going to be running almost constantly, it’s smart to think about the warranty as well. Warranties with these coolers don’t usually vary too much – maybe a year or so.
However, it is important to get one that comes with at least 6 months of coverage so you’re taken care in case anything malfunctions. While there aren’t a lot of moving pieces, there are several things that can break, leak or rust.
How much are you comfortable with spending on one of the best evaporative coolers? We highly recommend you set a budget for yourself beforehand, so you don’t accidentally spend more than you wanted to.
The good news is that no matter how much you plan on spending, we have something on our guide that will work with it.
The larger capacity, more powerful machines are usually going to be more expensive, so that’s just another reason to select a properly-rated cooler for your space.
FAQs About Best Evaporative Coolers:
Q: Do evaporative coolers really work?
A: Yes, they absolutely do! Not only that, but if you live in a particularly dry area they’re really going to shine. This way, you feel cool while the air remains at a good humidity level. In comparison, air conditioners are known to cool but further dry out the air. This is why they aren’t preferable for desert-like climates like in the Southwestern part of the US.
Q: How do I choose an evaporative cooler?
A: As we mentioned further up in this guide, the most important factor in making sure you’ve chosen the right evaporative cooler is to get one with a CFM that is suitable for your area. If you need something portable, keep things lightweight and ensure it comes with caster wheels for you to roll it around.
Q: Do you need to have a window open to operate an evaporative cooler?
A: In short, yes. The coolers work by pulling air through the cooling unit. You’ll see there are openings in the unit which have pads. These pads absorb water and hold it, kind of like a sponge. These wet pads are there to actually keep the air cool when pushed out into the space.
There is a pan at the bottom of the air conditioner. There is also a small pump in the pool of water which lifts the water onto the pads. However, for the pads to properly cool the air, you need enough airflow. If the cooler isn’t bringing in the same volume of air as it blows into the house. The easiest way to ensure this happens is by keeping a window open.
Q: At what humidity does evaporative cooling stop working?
A: When the outdoor humidity gets over 70-80%, you’ll reach the limitation of a swamp cooler.
Q: Is a swamp cooler the same thing as a evaportive cooler?
A: Yes, there are the exact same thing!
Q: Which Air Cooler is Best for Humid Climate?
A: You can select above listed any of the compared evaporative coolers. These are top rated evaporative coolers with high energy efficiency and cooling power.
Q: How Much Temperature Air Cooler Can Reduce?
A: Most evaporative air coolers can cool down your room temperature by 8 degrees to 15 degrees. All coolers can spread air up to fixed square feet. So it all depends on what size of cooler is and does it meet your space requirement?
Tips For Choosing Evaporative Coolers:
1: Make sure to properly maintain the cooler to keep it working properly and extend the lifespan as much as possible.
First, make sure that you’re regularly taking out the pads, cleaning them, and also drain the tank and clean the interior to avoid bacteria growth.
2: Make sure you don’t put ice in your cooler.
While it may seem logically like this makes sense, but putting ice in your evaporative can actually hamper the process of cooling the air. If it’s really cold, it might actually drip out of the cooling pad before evaporation can even take place.
3: If you are someone who’s always on the go, you want a cooler with a timer.
24-hour timers are probably the best way to go, as you can set it at any time of day or night to turn off and on whenever you need.
Now that you know just about everything you could ever want to about the best evaporative coolers, have you decided which one is right for you?
If you’re still deciding, the good thing is that no matter which one you select, you’ll be getting one of the best on the market.
However, what’s most important is that you select a machine that will perfectly cool your space.
By following our buying guide, you can rest assured that you will. Thanks for taking the time to read my Most Popular Evaporative Air Cooler Review Guide For 2022-2023.
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel