The Best Weed Wacker For Women Review Plus Buying Guide For 2021-2022
The Best Weed Wacker For Women Review Plus Buying Guide For 2021-2022 – At some point in your lives, you’ve have all used weed whackers, weed trimmers, or weed eaters. We all probably already know that weed eaters are best for reaching tight spaces that you just can’t reach with your lawn mower or riding mower.
You could drive around and around in circles, wasting gas, never reaching the grass you want to mow without a weed eater (especially if you have a lot of trees, rocks, or gardens in your yard). It can be difficult to pick the perfect weed eater for ladies, though.
There are a lot of options on the market these days, and it’s hard to know when a brand really is “the best.” To find out even more keep reading The Best Weed Wacker For Women Review Plus Buying Guide For 2021-2022.
Black and Decker 40V (Cordless) MAX String Trimmer
When you’re looking for a lightweight yet powerful motor, look no further than the Black and Decker Lithium model. It offers over 40V of power (in lithium-ion) to last a long, long time. It even has an easy to use PowerCommand dial to help better choose the right setting for your yard.
You also need the Automatic Feed Spool so that you can keep working without stopping. This means that you can adjust the size of the cord you’re using just by bumping the edger or quickly turning the shaft.
One of the real standout factors of this weed eater is the streamlined and sleek way that cordless weedwackers make it easier to trim your yard.
No matter what you’re doing, Black and Decker delivers exactly what you need (longer battery life, more powerful drive transmission, and easily convertible trimmer, edger, and hands free tool adjustment for your height. Plus, it charges incredibly quickly – in just under an hour.
Reviewers praise the high quality power, ergonomics, precision, and safety of this model. They go so far as to call it a “beast of a trimmer,” whipping through even the most dense weeds with awesome precision.
- Brand BLACK+DECKER
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Color Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 9.25 x 41.33 x 5.74 inches
- Item Weight 5.7 Pounds
- Automatic Feed Spool (AFS) feeds edger/ trimmer line as needed – without bumping.
- LBXR2520 battery provides cordless grass trimmer 66% more battery capacity for longer runtime compared to LBXR20
- 2-speed control lets you boost power or extend runtime of the lawn trimmer.
- PowerDrive Transmission increases torque for more cutting power at the string.
- Easily converts from trimmer to wheeled edger.
- Adjustable height and handle with premium soft grip improves comfort and control.
- Part of the 20V MAX System – 1 System. Endless Tasks. Power for your Style.
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20. Nominal voltage is 18V.
WORX WG170 GT Revolution 20V 12″ Grass Trimmer/Edger/Mini-Mower
The WORX WG175 is a great option for anyone looking for three options or more when they’re cutting their yard. It converts in minutes with absolutely no tools at all.
This means that you’ve got the ultimate tool for eliminating the weeds in your yard. You’ll also be able to maximize the battery life on the WORX grass trimmer and edger because it operates on 32-volts of power, eliminating grass in no time at all.
You get a wide cutting range with this WORX model, delivering over a foot of cutting distance without any lost run-time or single line-feed. It releases in seconds too- adjusting to the perfect position for your body, through a myriad of different tilting options.
This means that it’s ergonomic for your needs; especially if you need to use this trimmer for a long period of time.
It’s a great option for people that want a lightweight, easy locking adjustment option without getting out a mower or a trimmer for smaller jobs.
It can be perfect when you haven’t got much time (the battery lasts about 35 minutes) but you still need to clean your yard up and get everything back on track. It’s probably one of the lightest models on this list- delivering plenty of power despite it’s size.
- Brand WORX
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Color Black and Orange
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 55.25 x 5.47 x 7.48 inches
- Item Weight 2.49 Kilograms
- [3-TOOLS-IN-1] Easily transforms from a precision string trimmer, into a powerful in-line wheeled edger, into a nimble mini-mower
- [AUTOMATIC FRESH LINE] Proprietary Command Feed tech lets you add more line as needed, just by pushing a button, so you don’t have to stop and can get the job done quicker
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [FIND YOUR POSITION] 7 handle adjustments and 6 rotating head settings make this a comfortable and flexible tool you can use all afternoon and in many hard to reach places
- [LONGER & STRONGER] An entire foot longer than the last version of the WORX GT, with a motor running at 7600 revolutions/min, so you can find the right length, then power through your chores
- [FREE SPOOLS FOR LIFE] That’s right, just pay S&P and we’ll send you a free 6-pack of spools whenever you need them—and the extra spool holder on the shaft means one less trip back to the shed
- [INCLUDES] 20V GT Revolution, (2) 20V MaxLithium Battery, (3) Trimmer Spools, 20V Battery Charger, Support Wheels, Safety Guard, Flower Guard, Spool Holder
Greenworks 12-Inch 40V G-MAX Cordless String Trimmer Amazon’s Choice
You’ll love having options with a gas free, cordless design, but this model isn’t quite as powerful as the other high price options. That being said, it’s one of the most affordable weed wackers on this list; delivering a lightweight, highly reliable easy to use system that won’t wear you out and make your arms tired.
You’ll love the pivoting head, allowing users to edge and trim with an edging wheel. This gives you an edge in hard to reach places (every single time). It’s easy to use, and easy to add replacements (like spool models 29252 and 29092). It comes complete with a battery, charger, and line to make sure that you can do the job right, the first time.
One of the biggest standout features of this model is how lightweight and easy it is to use. It starts instantly, and creates less noise and vibration. When you charge the battery for just an hour, you can get up to 30 minutes of run time; plus the battery for the weed eater is the same battery that fits a wide variety of Greenworks products.
You’ll never have to worry about gas, pull cords, or performing difficult maintenance, and it stays as high quality as it was the first day you buy it! The best part is that to you never have to worry about the design or assembly. It’s always easy and streamlined, giving you everything you need without cords, gas, or other issues associated with oil maintenance.
That being said, most reviewers weren’t as happy with this model because it’s not as balanced as more expensive models. Some even suggest that the edging wheel on the trimmer is a little wiggly, but it’s still powerful enough to do a good job.
- Brand Greenworks
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Color Green & Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 64.5 x 7.5 x 11.75 inches
- Item Weight 8.8 Pounds
About this item:
- Up to 60 minutes of runtime on a fully charged battery
- 12 inch cutting path with 0.065 inch dual line auto feed head for quick and easy line advancement
- Ideal for yards up to 1/3 Acre
- Battery completely charges in 120 minutes
- Ergonomic design for superior balance
- Variable-speed trigger for extra power when you need it
- 3-Year Warranty
- Includes 40V 12 inch String Trimmer, Auxiliary Handle, Guard, Edge Guide, Bonus Spool, Bonus Spool Cover, 4.0 Ah Battery, Battery Charger, Operator’s Manual
DEWALT DCST920P1 Brushless Trimmer
This Dewalt model delivers brushless motor durability and variable triggers (like your usual weed wacker). It offers an excellent gear drive design, and thick, durable bump feed line. You’ll feel like you’re really getting the job done when you’re chopping through a 13-inch cutting path around your house, bushes, trees and other hard-to-reach places. With it’s patented gear drive design, you can get more done at a faster pace- eliminating anything that stands in your way.
Dewalt knows that you really want precision when you’re cutting your grass (otherwise it takes a long time and you waste fuel). Dewalt gives you the best of both worlds- precision and excellent run time in one efficient package.
It’s also very light and easy to use, allowing users to maneuver wherever they need to go with absolute ease for the user. With your purchase, you not only get the string trimmer and the battery; but also an auxiliary handle, guard, and a good length of pre-wound spool to master your yard’s design.
Most customers love this model because it works well around wooden fences, chain link fences, concrete walls, and more. It’s highly effective and the battery doesn’t wear you down; delivering some of the best value for your money, making sure that the job gets done well- the first time.
The bump head is a nice addition that gives you ease and efficiency with the edging device. It blasts through grass a little slower than the Black and Decker model, but it also doesn’t weigh you down in the process.
- Brand DEWALT
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Color Black
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 67.8 x 10.9 x 8.8 inches
- Item Weight 8.5 Pounds
- Patented gear drive design of the edger/trimmer powers through tough overgrowth
- The cordless grass trimmer provides 13-inch cutting swath with 0.080-inch line
- Lightweight and ergonomic design of the lawn trimmer maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arms
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life
- Variable trigger with hi/lo speed control for added power or extended runtime
- Part of the 20V MAX* system of tools
- 3-year limited warranty gives you peace of mind
- QuickLoad spool for fast and easy re-spooling
Makita XRU11M1 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless String Trimmer Kit (4.0Ah)
Makita knows what you need with a bare tool only model for less than $100. It’s extraordinary affordable, extremely ergonomic (and less than 6.5 pounds). Because it’s so compact, it’s perfect for trimming and edging small jobs. It’s also incredibly adjustable to cut in any angle no matter where you’re trimming.
The easy to use pivoting head gives you just what you need when it comes to converting on the go. For it’s small size, it’s got a surprising cutting radius. It doesn’t release any emissions, doesn’t need any maintenance. The easy to load bump head gives you the ultimate convenience and ergonomic design to deliver easy to use spools that you need to attach and rewind your feeder system.
The button-push battery capacity even gives you options when it comes to the batteries dying with an indicator light. Even more, when it’s time to recharge the battery, it’s exceptionally easy to remove for your ease of use.
Expect to get about 45 minutes worth of use out of the batteries (which is better than many other models), the rotating head gives you the ability to get to work fast, meeting many adjustable positions with loop handles and more that ensure that you have a great time putting everything together and getting to work.
It’s fairly short, however. This is made up for by the impressive 30 minute charging time– that’s all you need to get the job done (which is pretty impressive).
It’s got star protection computer controls to protect your battery and communicate with your technology better- meaning that it helps you do more.
You’ll enjoy the power for the price too, getting around 7,800 rotations per minute every single time you work. Even more, it comes with a 3 year warranty- and it’s been thoroughly inspected to give you the best usage and long life possible.
- Brand Makita
- Power Source Battery Powered
- Item Dimensions LxWxH 8.66 x 69.21 x 7.21 inches
- Item Weight 14.6 Pounds
- Assembly Required No
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on density of application
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- 11-3/4″ cutting swath for user convenience
- Accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles for more convenience
The Best Weed Wacker For Women Buying Guide For 2021-2022
There are a wide variety of weed eaters to consider before you actually make your purchase, and several things you should look for. In this article, we’ll highlight the most important features that your weed wacker should have, as well as the things you should look for in a weed eater.
We’ll finish it up with our recommendations for the best weed eaters on the market, and hopefully by the end of this article, you’ll be able to make a clear and concise decision on the weed eater that you should purchase. What is a Weed Eater?
A weed eater is defined as a high-powered grass trimmer that delivers results by spinning a nylon cord at high speeds on a track ran on a spindle. This mono-filament line cuts grass and other elements of a plant (like a stem or root) so that you can keep just one object, rather than all of the weeds and grass around that object (like a small tree or the siding on a house).
Gardeners can use weed wackers to help eliminate weeds and keep a cleaner gardening area, making it a serious choice for gardeners looking for production value.
The very first thing that you should consider when picking a weed-eater is the overall size of your yard. You might find that corded or cordless weed eaters might not meet your needs when you do.
If you’ve got a small space to weed eat, you’ll probably be able to make-do with a corded weed eater; whereas a medium sized yard or larger might need a more powerful corded or gas model that operates without a battery.
If your yard is especially large, don’t waste your time with cordless weed eaters, and opt instead for gas powered motors. They give you the longevity of operation, coving much larger areas than both electric or corded options over the long run.
Without any further ado, here are some different features that distinguish different models of weed whackers (or string trimmers);
Not all weed eaters are built equally- in fact, there are a lot of differences that you should consider before you actually make a purchase.
Benefits of Owning a Weed Wacker:
The benefits of a weed eater are multifaceted. While you don’t necessarily have to have one, they do make life much easier. They do this by:
Trimming and mowing hard to reach grass and weeds on your lawn.
Sure, you could use a lawn mower to get grass off of your lawn, but there are just some places that lawn mowers can’t reach (around gardens, plants, bushes or trees), making it far easier to use a weed whacker. The best, most affordable weed whackers are easy to use for trimming, edging, and even slight mowing of a lawn, and you don’t need to be a professional to use them.
They’re usually more convenient and easy to use than actually starting and moving the mower.
If you choose a battery powered unit, all you have to do is flip the switch to use your weed eater. Plugged in models are virtually the same, but have limited range. Even gas powered models are easier to bring out and use than riding mowers (where you might have to move things in your garage). All you have to do is get started and go!
What to Consider When Looking for a Weed Eater?
You should always consider the size, weight, and warranty you receive. Also opt for models that require less repair and maintenance, otherwise you’ll have extensive costs associated with fixing or repairing parts and servicing your string trimmer’s mower.
In general, electric and battery powered models take the least maintenance, lasting many years while never needing any repairs. Gas models are far more robust, and therefore require more maintenance.
Different Battery operated/Cordless models
There are three basic types of weed eater:
Gas models are among the heaviest models of weed eaters on the market. This makes them cumbersome for large tasks; but one of the only options for large, expansive yards. That being said, they’re often the most powerful models out there, effortlessly demolishing large jobs.
They do contribute to pollution and you will have additional costs associated with fuel. Some models (like two-stroke models) have to have fuel and oil combinations pre-mixed before operation). Four stroke models only need gas, but are very heavy to use.
Battery powered models:
Perfect for small to medium-sized yards, they don’t need cords- making them great for people in small homes or duplexes with yards. There are no extension cords to worry about, plus, you don’t have to worry about having enough cord to go across the whole lawn.
Battery powered models don’t actually produce any exhaust, meaning that they’re great for the environment and light-to-carry (a definite positive). If you’re able to afford multiple batteries you can operate these lightweight models on bigger yards.
Electrically powered models (through cords):
You might think that a corded model of weed whacker would be impossible to use, but they’re perfect for small or medium lawns. This is because you never have to worry about fuel or charging (because it will run whenever you have it plugged in) and it’s extremely lightweight. They’re extremely quiet, don’t contribute to pollution, and have the lowest maintenance costs compared to any other model of weed eater.
Different Weed Eater Feeds:
When you’re picking a weed eater, you’ll also have to choose the head that you prefer. There are three basic types of heads: bump feed heads, automatic feed heads, and fixed heads. Each has their own pros and cons:
Bump Feed Heads:
Bump feed systems on weed eaters work by winding cording around the trimming mechanism. You’ll have to bump the mechanism while you’re working to get more feed to come out of the outlets, but this system is often the most reliable, popular, and easy to use. If it breaks down, you just remove the head and respool the line.
Automatic Feed Heads:
Automatic feed heads use a spinning motor to eliminate the “bump” mechanism on older weed eaters. With these models, all you have to do is cut the weeds. You can get done quicker because you aren’t focused on the mechanics, but over time, all of the moving parts underneath the head of your weed eater might need some maintenance.
Fixed heads are the oldest kind of weed eater feed, using set lengths of line (that you buy in pre-packaged lengths in tubes) that save users the time of actually threading and handling a trimmer line. The line is typically much thicker and the mechanisms that hold the cord incredibly simple; but they still need to be replaced occasionally.
Weed eaters typically have either curved or straight shafts, as well as differently designed handles. Users should always attempt to pick designs that are going to work best, regardless of the scenario. Straight shaft weed whackers are best for taller people and reaching under bushes, whereas curved shafts are typically lighter and easier for shorter people to maneuver.
Different models have different perks. You might prefer a model that’s more quiet versus a model that is exceptionally high-powered or hard to handle. More often than not, the most comfortable choice is going to be an electric model; but the electric model might not completely meet your needs. You might end up with a bigger gas model simply because it’s the only type of model that you can use on your yard.
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Weed Whacker:
The difference between a weed whacker that lasts a long time and a weed whacker that only lasts a season is maintenance. Weed eaters are the most beat-up, hard working machines in your yard-arsenal.
They tackle virtually any material with virtually no effort- but all of these convenience comes at a price.
To properly maintain your weed eater:
- Remove it from its power source
- Remove all dirt and grime from the exterior of the weed eater
- Clean the filter within the engine. Use water to rinse the filter, as well as soap to remove grime.
- Clean the spark arrestor and spark plugs with a brush and cloth. Remove them to their original position after they’ve been serviced. (See how to clean up white grass here).
- Reconnect your power source, and you’re ready to go!
Do You Need a Weed Whacker? Weed eaters make virtually any task in your yard easier. An affordable weed eater can be all it takes to carefully and conscientiously handle all of the troublesome growth in your backyard. If you have a lot of trees, gardening space, or a fence line that you want to look it’s best, you should invest in a weed eater.
They do what your riding mower or riding tractor can’t (reach around tight corners). Weed eaters are the fast, effortless alternative to actually pulling up weeds by hand- so if you’re dealing with a huge amount of weeds against your house (or swallowing your garden) you owe it to yourself to give your home or garden a fighting chance with a weed eater.
Thanks for taking the time to read The Best Weed Wacker For Women Review Plus Buying Guide For 2021-2022.
- Top Of The Line Electric Chainsaws Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Electric Lawn Mowers Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Gas Powered Water Pumps Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fly Fishing Rods Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fishing Paddle Boards Review Guide For 2021-2022
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto