The Most Popular Hard Bow Cases Review Guide For 2021-2022
The Most Popular Hard Bow Cases Review Guide For 2021-2022 – The hard shell bow case market is largely dominated by three major brands. Although there are other brands out there, if we are looking at the top rated models, they belong to Plano, SKB and Flambeau.
So what should you look for when you buy a hard bow case? Protection is clearly high on the list because ultimately, you want your bow to be completely undamaged after travelling.
Other priorities include security, storage space and price. To find out even more keep reading The Most Popular Hard Bow Cases Review Guide For 2021-2022.
SKB iSeries 3614 Parallel Limb Bow Case
The protection of parallel limb compound bows is the aim of this bow case and it is done particularly well. Custom foam inserts ensure secure positioning of the bow. The case is fitted with wheels to make moving it around simple. The case has trigger release latches that can be retrofitted with TSA accepted locking latches.
This is the ultimate bow storage case that offers a waterproof and dust proof design. The cushioned grip even makes carrying it a comfortable experience. This is the highest priced case in the list but it is also the case that received the highest rating.
- CUSTOM FOAM FIT: Custom foam insert perfectly fits parallel limb bows; Interior dimensions measure 34.5 inches long, 13.75 inches wide, and 4 inches deep
- EASY PORTABILITY: Has in-line skate style wheels to help you roll your case wherever you need to go; 3 cushion grip handles make lifting and carrying your case comfortable
- TSA-APPROVED: Trigger release latches can also fit TSA-accepted key locking latches; Padlock holes come with protector clip
- DESIGN FEATURES: Features a MIL-STD-648C ambient pressure equalization valve; Waterproof, dust-tight casing and molded-in hinge provides extra protection; UV, solvent, corrosion, and fungus resistant
- SPECIFICATIONS: Color: Military Green; Exterior dimensions (L x W x D): 40 x 17.5 x 7 inches; Weight: 17.39 pounds; Interior dimensions (L x W x D): 34.5 x 13.75 x 4; Manufacturer warranty: Lifetime warranty
Plano Parallel Limb Bow Case
This parallel limb bow case provides you with the flexibility of customising the storage area to suit the size of the bow you own. It has a foam pillar placement system that can be placed where you want it to keep your bow in place. There is arrow storage made available in the lid and the case also comes with a utility bow for further storage.
The case is lockable and will meet airline safety standards. The interior area measures 41 inches in length which should be plenty of room for any hunting parallel limb compound bow. Another very attractive aspect of this case is the price.
- PLANO BOW CASES: Protecting your passion since 1952
- DIMENSIONS: Inside Dimensions: 41 inches L x 17 inches W x 7 inches H Outside Dimensions: 43 inches L x 19 inches W x 7 inches H
- FEATURES: Parallel Limb hard bow case. No two hunters are exactly alike and neither are their bows. Plano’s new 1144 Parallel Limb Bow Case is fully customizable, allowing archers to securely transfer and protect their bow no matter the make, model
- Pluck foam for pillar placement, Adjustable PillarLock system, Black with yellow accent and handle
- MADE IN THE USA
SKB Hunter XL Series Bow Case
This case is a larger version of the standard Hunter series case (which has also been highly rated). It has been designed to be able to hold the wider types of bows such as the Z7 and Z9 series and the quiver can remain attached. It has a plush lined EPS interior inserts which serves to protect the bow even more carefully.
The case is set up for the storage of a bow only, no additional accessory storage has been included which some may see as a bit of a drawback.
- SPACIOUS: Accommodates the new wider style bows with the quiver attached
- PLUSH INTERIOR: The interior is made of high quality plush lined EPS interior inserts to provide maximum impact resistance; Interior dimensions measure 41 inches long, 16.75 inches wide, and 5..5 inches deep
- HOLDS 12 ARROWS: Water jet cut foam arrow system that holds up to a dozen arrows
- EASY TO CARRY: Cushioned rubber over-molded carrying handle for added comfort
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed of ultra high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin and features a gasketed, dustproof, submersible design that is resistant to corrosion and impact damage; Exterior dimensions measure 45 inches long, 21 inches wide, and 9 inches deep
Plano AW Bow Case Bone Collector Series
This is an all-weather bow case (hence the AW in the name) and it provides outstanding protection of the bow through all types of adverse weather conditions.
Not only is the case waterproof but it will also protect from dust as well.
The interior padding has been treated with an inhibiting agent that will prevent rust and corrosion.
The interior features high-density foam and there is storage space for arrows attached to the top lid along with space for a bow quiver as well.
It is large enough to house the majority of modern compound bows comfortably.
The walls of the case are thick and solid and the case is completely lockable.
- Plano Archery Storage | Protecting your passion since 1952
- Bow case is constructed with patented PillarLock system that provides crushproof strength for long term use
- Dual-stage lockable latches and high-density interlocking foam provide added security during travel | Airline approved
- Continuous Dri-Loc seal keeps bows and equipment protected and safe from the elements
- Specs: 48″ L x 7.75″ H | Weight: 21 lbs | Color: Black | Foam Type: Interlocking | Exterior Seal: Water-resistant | Airline Approved: Yes | Bow Type: Compound
SKB Sports Hunter Series Bow Case
The Hunter series bow case has been designed to accommodate the modern hunting compound bows along with their quivers.
It has a rigid ABS shell to provide plenty of protection from the outside.
Protection on the inside is provided by a valance bending system that helps create a tight fit for the bow. A water-jet cut polyethylene foam arrow system allows up to 12 arrows to be stored along with the bow.
The types of bows named by the company that can be stored in this case includes Mathews Z7 Extreme, Mathews Reezen, Mathews Monster, Mathews DXT, Mathews Drenalin, Mathews Outback, Bowtech Admiral, Bowtech Captain, Limbsaver DeadZone, Hoyt Alpha Max, Hoyt Power Hawk, Kodiak Outdoors Titan 34 Target, PSE X Force, plus many others.
- SUITABLE FOR VARIOUS MODELS: Fits the following crossbows: Mathews Z7 Extreme, Mathews Reezen, Mathews Monster, Mathews DXT, Mathews Drenalin, Mathews Outback, Bowtech Admiral, Bowtech Captain, Limbsaver DeadZone, Hoyt Alpha Max, Hoyt Power Hawk, Kodiak Outdoors Titan 34 Target, PSE X Force, and more
- FOAM INTERIOR: Plush EPS insert provides a secure, safe area for your bow while water-jet cut foam keeps up to 12 arrows secured from moving or shifting; Interior dimensions measure 38.75 inches long, 14.75 inches wide, and 5.13 inches deep
- STURDY PLASTIC CONSTRUCTION: Features a rigid ABS hard plastic shell for protection from bumps and drops with a comfort grip handle for easy portability; Exterior dimensions measure 45 inches long, 19.5 inches wide, and 9 inches deep
- SECURE STORAGE: Draw-bolt metal latches are lockable for added security and convenience; Stacking system has 8 interlocking points
- SPECIFICATIONS: Color: Black; Weight: 10.23 pounds; Manufacturer warranty: 5-year warranty
Flambeau 6461SC SafeShot Compound Bow Case Amazon’s #1 Best Seller
This is a more recent design in a range the company has called the SafeShot compound bow case range. It features a tough polymer plastic material for the outer shell of the case. The internal lid and the base are reinforced with pillar supports to ensure that the case cannot be crushed. This means that the bow stored inside will be properly protected.
On the inside of the lid is a rubber racking system that will enable up to 12 arrow shafts to be clipped securely in place. It also features built-in 3 and 4 blade broadhead changers.
The case is secured with 4 lock hasps and 4 latches that will keep the case tightly closed. The bow will be kept securely in place thanks to the convoluted foam lining and the use of the included hook and loop tie-down straps.
- Made in US
- TRUSTED HARD SHELL PROTECTION PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.: The Safe Shot Bow Case features rugged plastic shell construction with internal lid and base column supports for crush resistance and impact defense.
- CONVOLUTED FOAM BED: Equipped with a thick layer of convoluted foam to protect your compound bow and sight. Hook and loop tie-down straps keep it securely in place.
- ARROW STORAGE RACK INCLUDED: The case features a (12) arrow rubber racking system that securely fixes shafts in place under the lid for easy-access storage (installation required).
- LOCKABLE & TRANSPORTABLE: This case has (4) latches and (4) lock holes for secure storage and transportation. The ergonomic integrated handle allows you to easily carry your compound bow wherever your adventures take you.
- FIT & SPECIFICATIONS: Fits (1) compound bow. Internal dimensions – 47.5″ L x 19.25″ W x 5″ D. / External dimensions – 48.75″ L x 20.5″ W x 7″ H
- Pillar structure provides durable support and accessory storage
- Built-in 3 and 4 blade broadhead changer
- Pillar structure provides durable support for your bow
SKB ATA Double Bow, Bow/Rifle Combination Case
This is a dual purpose bow case that is designed to carry either two parallel limb compound bows or a compound bow and a rifle.
It is made from molded polyethylene which has a very high molecular weight, the material that is used by the US military for cases and containers.
The latches are heavy-duty and made to ATA 300 Category I specifications so it is perfect for airline travel.
The lower rating for the case comes from the fact that the size is quite small and fitting two bows into it has proven to be difficult.
The caveat with using the case is to check your bow sizes before finalising the purchase.
- SPACIOUS: Hard case provides protection for 2 parallel limb bows or 1 parallel limb bow and 1 rifle measuring 41 inches long, 15.5 inches wide, and 6 inches deep
- APPROVED FOR AIR TRAVEL: Airline approved with the highest ATA shipping container specification rating of 300
- FEATURES: Heavy-duty field replaceable locking latches, spring-loaded end handle for comfortable towing, and secure tie-down loops for safe ATV transport
- DURABLE WITH BUMPER PROTECTION: Molded from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene for ultimate durability and bumper protection
- WHEELED DESIGN: Quiet-glide wheels for easy portability
Plano Protector Series Compact Bow Case
This is one of the most popular hard bow cases on the market. It has a basic design that will fit small framed hunting bows up to around 33” axle-to-axle quite comfortably. It is also deep enough to allow for the bow to be stored with the quiver still attached. The case uses the PillarLock System to ensure the bow is properly protected and won’t move about.
The case can be locked and meets the ATA standards to be airline approved. It also has arrow storage in the lid with space for 6 arrows. The final factor that should be considered is the price and with some deep discounts available the Protector becomes great value for money
- Patented PillarLock system provides crush proof strength with high density foam
- Arrow storage under lid. Adjustable tie-down straps to secure bow
- Comfortable molded-in handle. Padlock tabs to secure weapon for travel
- Made In the USA.
- This compact bow case combines thick-wall construction with patented PillarLock system and Sur-Lok arrow storage to protect your bow and arrows with the highest quality.
SKB iSeries 5014 Target Bow Case
This is a double bow case that can be used for two target bows or a bow and a rifle in combination. The size of the case has been designed to hold target bows with an external measurement of 50 inches long. The case features a bunk bed style of configuration with rigid foam dividers to not only protect your equipment but also to hold it securely in place.
The locking system consists of four reinforced padlock locations and this allows the installation of locks that help it meet ATA standards. The case is waterproof and dustproof and is resistant to impact damage
- Product Type: SPORTING_GOODS
- Package quantity: 1
- No batteries required
- Country of Orgin: United States
Plano Bow Guard SE Pro Series 44 Bow Case
This is a slightly larger bow case than many others aimed at hunting bow storage. The 44 inch length means that it will be suitable for any medium to larger bows and will also allow the bow to be stored with the bow quiver attached.
The interior of the case features high-density foam to protect the bow and it can be secured with straps that are built in to prevent shifting. As well as foam arrow holders which can hold up to 12 arrows the case also comes with an accessory box, broadhead tool and adjustable compartments.
For the price this is a bow case that will meet the needs of the majority of hunters.
- PLANO BOW CASES | Protecting your passion since 1952
- DIMENSIONS | Inside Dimensions: 43.09″L x 15.3″W x 8″H. Bow Type: Compound
- FEATURES | Plano Compact Bow Cases are designed to safely store and transport smaller sized bows. Lighter and smaller than traditional hard bow cases, each features tie-down straps, arrow holders, dense foam padding and Plano’s patented crush-proof Pillar Lock system.
- This SE Pro 44 Bow case comes equipped with a Bow Max arrow case valued at $30.
- MADE IN THE USA
The Best Bow Case for the Money
The best value for money bow case is the SKB Sports Hunter Bow Case.
This case is chosen as a great value for money option because of the quality of protection the rigid ABS shell provides. On top of that is the tight seal that gives great weather and dust protection for your bow. The fact that it offers so many features is outstanding.
The Most Popular Hard Bow Cases Buying Guide For 2021-2022
The Advantages of Using A Compound Bow Hard Case:
There are a number of reasons why people might choose a compound bow hard case over a soft case. A hard bow case offers a little more in terms of bow protection and would be more likely to be used when the storage time is longer.
This is certainly the case if you are intending on traveling for long periods of time, particularly air travel.
When you bow(s) is out of your hands during the majority of your travel time, you would like have the comfort of knowing that they are well protected in a hard coated case.
While a soft bow case is padded and offers the bows inside a certain level of protection, the bags can come under some highly stressful periods when being loaded on and off a plane or train. A bow that is packed into a hard case, nestled in the foam cut-out space is going to be better protected.
We have further itemised the reasons why people feel that hard bow cases are the better option.
Bow Case Security:
Security is a big issue when transporting your bow. It’s not only referring to making sure no-one can steal your bow while it is out of your sight. There are also legal requirements at play here.
If you are travelling by air and sending your bow through as luggage, there is a requirement that the case that your bow is being stored in has been airline approved. Otherwise the airline company will refuse to carry your bow. When buying a new compound bow case it is important that you find out whether the case has been approved for use on airplanes.
Wheeled Bow Cases:
Weight is rarely an issue when transporting compound bows and accessories because the industry is very conscious of the need to keep everything as light as possible. That being said, the addition of wheels on the top of the line bow cases makes it far easier to transport when you are carrying other bags and equipment.
The bow cases with wheels enable you to treat your case as another piece of luggage and helps make it easier to move from place to place. Look at it as a “nice to have” rather than an essential feature of the case.
Waterproof Bow Cases:
Don’t be misled by the suggestion that your bow won’t get wet inside a bow case that is said to be waterproof. Many people have left their bows in the back of the truck, driven through a rain shower only to find the waterproof case full of water when they get home.
If you want to get a case that will keep your bow dry no matter how bad the conditions you should look for a watertight case. This type of case will state that it is IP67 rated which is a standard that says the material is resistant to water even when it has been completely submersed.
Look for a bow case that allows you to customize the interior design. All good quality bow cases will provide padded protection but not all of them will enable you to configure the interior so that the bow will not be able to move around at all.
The padded protection should extend to the straps that are made available to hold the bow in place. Some straps are pretty rough and have been known to damage the finish of the bow it is holding.
High-density foam is a good form of padding, layered felt is even softer and provides a luxurious bed for the bow to sit.
Plano provides an innovative PillarLock system that enables you to customise where the padded rests are placed so that there is no possibility of the bow shifting around if it is not a perfect fit for the cut-out section.
Bow Case Size:
Although they are highly desirable forms of storing your bow, some people might have issues with using a hard bow case. Listed below are some of the negative thoughts that some people may have in relation to using a hard case.
- The hard case is not flexible. If you buy a case that is not quite long enough for your bow, there will be no chance of any “wiggle room” to get it to fit. Similarly, there won’t be much room for stowing small accessories in the case because of the nature of the molded foam insert that holds the bow.
- Bow hard cases are generally heavier than soft bow cases. If you haven’t manage to buy one with wheels and you expect to be carrying it for some distance the weight might become an issue.
- Not all cases will allow you to simply place the bow in and shut the lid. Some hard bow cases require that you dismantle your bow so that it fits snugly which means you may be constantly setting up and dismantling it every time you go somewhere.
- The case will be prone to become scuffed. People’s opinion about whether this is good, bad or neither may be open to debate. If you do a lot of flying, the chances are your bow case is going to get bumped by baggage handling operations and quickly look old and scuffed. Some may see this as a good thing because the case is doing its job, others may not like the fact that their bow case quickly shows signs of wear.
- Cost. This can be a real issue for some people and will be a deciding factor. For the most part, the price of a hard bow case is higher than that of a soft bow case.
If you are not planning on travelling by airplane with your bow or you are looking for a storage solution that is going to cost you less, you should also consider a soft bow case. As can be seen from our list of Soft Bow Cases there is a good selection of high quality bow cases available at very reasonable prices.
Thanks for taking the time to read The Most Popular Hard Bow Cases Review Guide For 2021-2022.
- Top Of The Line Electric Chainsaws Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Electric Lawn Mowers Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Gas Powered Water Pumps Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fly Fishing Rods Review Guide For 2021-2022
- The Most Popular Fishing Paddle Boards Review Guide For 2021-2022
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto