Top Of The Line Golf Launch Monitors Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023
Top Of The Line Golf Launch Monitors Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023 – The launch monitor: your best friend at the driving range, and the holy grail of golf technology today. The accuracy and technology behind the top launch monitors on the market today are nothing short of jaw dropping and pack all the data you’d ever need to knock strokes off your handicap.
Launch monitors have revolutionized the golf industry by providing golfers with crucial data about their swings and helping them identify their mistakes.
Before launch monitors, golfers mainly relied on their eyes and a subjective opinion from the golf instructor.
Whether you play for some fun or trying to improve your game, you will need to measure how you swing before taking the steps you need to improve.
The challenge is to find the best golf launch monitor that will help you achieve your goal.
Not sure which one is perfect for you? To make things easier, we have put together the top-rated golf launch monitors that are proven to give excellent results.
This review and buyers guide will cover the basics of launch monitors and present the most popular models on the market today.
To find out even more keep reading my Top Of The Line Golf Launch Monitors Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.
SKYTRAK GOLF LAUNCH MONITOR
Wish to enjoy a realistic experience while playing golf? SkyTrak is a notable advance in the home golf launch monitors market, it offers the best experience thanks to its real-time golf practice system.
As the monitor is light in weight, it’s portable, and you can connect it wirelessly to your PC or laptop.
It gives the player the ball launch data instantly and provides visual feedback of the ball flight as you hit the ball.
SkyTrak displays amazing accuracy among other launch monitors, making it the most preferred option among everyday golfers.
Studies show that the SkyTrak golf launch monitor for home offers 90% accuracy at an affordable cost.
Due to the shot tracer technology, you can view the ball flight on your smart gadget and get feedback on the spin rate, angle, distance, shot shape, and other points.
These details enable you to make improvements and enhance your game.
With a dimension of 10” width, 9” height, and 10” length, you can place it in any room with sufficient space that enables you to swing your club safely.
This unit is suitable for both game improvement and entertainment purposes.
With a rechargeable battery that allows you to play continuously for five hours, you don’t have to worry about your game getting interrupted in between.
SkyTrak Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters: Back Spin, Side Angle, Roll Distance, Ball Speed, Club head Speed, Launch Angle, Total or Carry Distance, Flightpath, Angle of Descent, Side Spin, and Distance Offline.
SkyTrak Launch Monitor Package includes: The Basic Practice Range Software, Launch Monitor, The App, The user manual, USB Cable, and Quick Start Guide.
- Launch monitor and golf simulator combination designed to act as a game improvement tool
- Simulator wirelessly connects to compatible device and displays data as soon as you hit the ball
- High-speed photography measures the golf ball and provides an accurate reading of your ball with a robust assortment of parameters
- Measurable parameters include ball speed, distance (carry and total), launch angle, club speed, spin rates and more
- Receiving your order requires a signature, someone needs to be home to sign for the package
- A great option for golfing enthusiasts.
- Comes with a wireless connection
- Easy to use and setup.
- It does not consume much space when kept indoors.
- Integrates well with top softwares.
- More than one player cannot play at the same time.
- Not suitable for playing outdoors.
- Have to change settings while switching between left and right-hand players.
SkyTrack unit comes with a user-friendly interface making it easier for even the technically challenged players. Professional and regular players use this game improvement tool to be more accurate and powerful than the typical pocket-sized, inexpensive units.
RAPSODO MLM LAUNCH MONITOR
A few years back, it seemed quite impossible to have a launch monitor that you can carry in your pocket wherever you go.
With the introduction of the Rapsodo launch monitor, you get consistent results and perfect accuracy. This makes it the ideal choice for both beginners and professional players.
Rapsodo combines the technology of professional-grade machine learning on your smartphone. All you have to do is connect your smartphone with this launch monitor and hit the ball to get instant video analysis feedback.
With a size similar to or slightly thicker than your smartphone, Rapsodo operates with the help of a rechargeable battery. It makes use of a mobile app that you can connect to using Bluetooth.
Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor for Golf Indoor and Outdoor Use with GPS Satellite View and Professional Level Accuracy, iPhone & iPad Only
This unit uses your smartphone’s GPS to determine where the shots have landed on the range or actual course.
With the smart club recognition feature’s help, you don’t have to change your clubs manually. Just use the club changing sensor option and display the chosen club in front of the camera.
By using bag mapping, you can select which club to use for hitting off the range. This is possible due to each club’s ball flight’s visual feedback that you can view on a distance map.
Rapsodo MLM Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters: Ball speed, Launch angle, Shot distance, Shot shape, Club speed, and Launch direction.
Rapsodo MLM Launch Monitor Package includes: MLM Launch Monitor, Carry Box, USB-C Cable, Storage space for 100 videos, Quick Start Guide, and Free mobile app for your smartphone.
- NOW AVAILABLE!! – Can now be used hitting indoors or into a net on select Apple devices. See below for compatible iPhone and iPad models.
- PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL ACCURACY- Distance accuracy is within 2% of Trackman at just 2% of the price
- SET UP IN UNDER 30 SECONDS- Simply open the app, connect your device via bluetooth and start hitting
- INSTANT FEEDBACK- The real-time video feedback comes with a SHOT TRACE and DATA OVERLAY making it easier than ever to understand cause and effect. Access your stat history to view AVERAGES, DISPERSION, TRAJECTORY and STANDARD DEVIATION for each club.
- GPS SATELLITE VIEW- Use your phone’s GPS to see where all of your shots land on your actual range or course
- OUTDOOR/INDOOR USE – Can be used hitting into a net indoors or outdoors with certain devices (iPhone and iPad models only)
- MLM Outdoor mode is currently compatible with these devices: iPhone 6s and up, iPad 2017 onward models
- MLM Net feature is currently compatible with these devices: iPhone 8 and up, iPad models Pro (11”) 2nd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 3rd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 4th Gen, and iPad Air 4th Gen
- Can review your ball shots using video feedback.
- Can post your shots data on your social media accounts.
- Stores all your shots data so that you can review it over your lifetime.
- Simple and easy to set up within 30 seconds.
- Only for IOS. Not suitable for Android users.
With many fun features it offers, Rapsodo becomes one of the best personal golf launch monitors that has earned a great deal of appreciation from numerous PGA players. As the app is compatible only with iOS gadgets, this launch monitor works only using iOS devices. The app is user friendly, and the latest version displays a dark theme.
ARCCOS CADDIE SMART SENSORS LAUNCH MONITOR
Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors Launch Monitor makes use of artificial intelligence and GPS systems to enhance your game.
This unit is one of the first artificial intelligence platforms that are suitable for golfers of all levels. This is because it combines different systems like automatic shot tracking and smart distance club averages to make smart decisions.
These features enable you to shoot quickly and get low scores. With the AI-powered GPS Rangefinder, you can adjust the unit for humidity, slope, altitude, temperature, and wind in real-time to get precise yardage.
Personalized Caddie Advice uses AI to help you make strategic decisions.
This golf ball launch monitor contains 14 sensors that you can attach to the golf club handles. Once it’s screwed onto the clubs, follow the instructions and start tracking your shots.
You don’t have to keep tapping the buttons after each shot, like it’s automatic, making it convenient for the player.
Using the short detection algorithm, you will be able to track your shots from the end of each golf club.
Additionally, this launch monitor is a live tracker that gives you the data as you play. With digital course management and great shot recommendations, you can also lower your score on the course.
Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters: Club details, Distances, and Score breakdown.
Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors Launch Monitor Package includes:14 Smart Sensors and Quick Start Guide.
- Winner of four-straight Golf Digest Editor’s Choice Awards for “Best Game Analyzer, ” Arccos Caddie is golf’s first and only fully-automatic performance tracking system. It features 14 sensors, one for every club in your bag.
- Access to the award winning Arccos Caddie app, golf’s Smartest Caddie.
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic data capture.
- A. I. Powered GPS Rangefinder, first-ever rangefinder that adjusts in real-time for wind (including gusts), elevation, temperature, humidity and altitude providing the most precise yardage in the game the Arccos Caddie Number.
- Personalized Caddie Advice that leverages A. I. to provide you with your optimal strategy.
- Smart Distance Club Averages, know how far to actually hit all your clubs so you select the right one for every shot.
- Advanced Analytics powered by strokes gained providing personalized performance breakdowns to guide practice and equipment choices.
- Does not require a subscription.
- Simple to set up for those who are technically challenged.
- Provides recommendations on which club to use.
- Equipped with a free Android or iOS app.
- Has a built-in battery that will last for five years.
- Great tool for learning different strategies
- Must have an iPhone that is 5s or above.
- Shot capturing is not perfect.
- Not suitable for indoor practices.
Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors uses advanced analytics to give a breakdown of your performance. This helps you to make the right equipment choices and practice well. It comes with a user-friendly app that provides handicap statistics and real-time data on current performance.
GARMIN APPROACH G80 LAUNCH MONITOR
The Garmin Approach G80 would be an amazing choice if you’re in need of a new launch monitor. This gadget is a combo of golf radar and launch monitor. Hence, it enables you to improve your game by providing the right distance towards your target.
The launch monitor of G80 monitors the swing tempo, ball speed, club head speed, smash factor, and even the estimated distance.
The GPS in this monitor displays a full hole view and provides accurate distances of more than 41,000 courses. It also displays a complete hole layout and tells where the bunkers are present.
The Approach G80 loads quickly, so you don’t have to wait to find out where to hit. The green view on G80 allows you to zoom in on the greens and locate the yardages easily.
No more worries about playing on a hilly golf course. With the advanced distance features, G80 provides the target distance for the slopes as well.
The unit comes with a long-life battery that can last around 15 hours while using the GPS mode. If you feel like your swing levels are not getting better, Garmin G80 will help you practice more effectively and advance to the next level.
By using the target mode, G80 enables you to practice along with other players. Here, you get to select a few players with whom you can hit various yardages and targets that you choose.
Garmin Approach G80 Launch Monitor can be used on grass or mats, it tracks the following parameters: Head speed, Swing tempo, Ball speed, Estimated shot distance, and Smash Factor.
Garmin Approach G80 Launch Monitor Package includes: Garmin Approach G80 Premium GPS, Launch Monitor Radar, USB Cable, Lanyard Carabiner, Cart or trolley Mount, PlayBetter Portable Charger, and Protective Hard Case.
- [GARMIN APPROACH G80 GPS + LAUNCH MONITOR] – Garmin Approach G80 Premium Golf GPS with Launch Monitor Radar, Trolley/Cart Mount, Lanyard Carabiner & USB Cable | Protected by Garmin’s 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- [PLAYBETTER BUNDLE] – Includes PlayBetter Protective Hard Case + PlayBetter 5000mAh Portable Charger | Perfect for golf bag storage & emergency charges on the course or in the car!
- [GOLF LAUNCH MONITOR INTEGRATION + VIRTUAL COURSE PLAY] – Integrated launch monitor tracks club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, swing tempo and estimated shot distance! Plus you can play virtual rounds on any of the 41,000+ courses using the launch monitor integration.
- [PLAYSLIKE DISTANCE, PINPOINTER & COURSEVIEW] – Accurate distances 41,000+ worldwide courses, features PinPointer & PlaysLike technology and Full-Color CourseView
- [FIRST-AND-ONLY INTEGRATED GOLF GPS + LAUNCH MONITOR] – There is no other device like the Approach G80 – combining the best of the top GPS units plus the features of the best Launch Monitors into one product, priced at a fraction of what you’d pay for both individual units!
- Portable and easy to hold in your hand.
- Has a super slim design.
- The touchscreen display is readable even under sunlight.
- Quite costly.
The Garmin package includes a mini charger with which you can charge all your golf gadgets, including the launch monitor. The unit comes with a lanyard carabiner and cart mount, which helps you attach the gadget to the cart. This enables you to navigate through the course smoothly.
FLIGHTSCOPE MEVO LAUNCH MONITOR
Flightscope Mevo is one of the best affordable portable golf launch monitors, making it apt for outdoor and indoor practice.
This unit has a 3D Doppler radar technology design, which provides all the data you require to enhance your game skills. The Mevo provides instant feedback about the ball flight metrics and your complete swing.
As this unit is compatible with iOS and Android platforms, you can connect it to your tablet or smartphone to monitor real-time data.
By using Flightscope Mevo, you can evaluate your game by saving the data of the practice sessions. You can also upload and share these details on your social media account after saving.
These gadgets are also capable of showing you how far you have improved after each practice.
Additionally, the automatic video clippings and storage enables you to optimize your performance on the course. As it provides the minute details of your golfing data with incredible accuracy, players will be more enthusiastic about enhancing their practice sessions.
By using Mevo, you can also incorporate swing adjustments as you practice. This helps you to view how your swings impact your stats.
Flightscope Mevo Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters: Carry Distance, Ball Speed, Smash Factor, Launch Angle, Flight Time, Spin Rate, Club Head Speed, and Apex with the maximum height of your ball flight.
Flightscope Mevo Launch Monitor Package includes: Mevo Launch Monitor, 50 Metallic Stickers, USB Charging Cable, Free App For Mobile Gadgets, and Carrying Pouch.
- MEASURE: Mevo provides ACCURATE real-time performance data to help you train and improve with every club in the bag, whether on the range, on the course, or in your home.
- EVALUATE: Practice INDOOR or OUTDOOR with data parameters that include carry distance, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, spin, apex height and flight time.
- VISUALIZE: Automatically capture data and video on your mobile device. Practice without interruption using the Mevo app on your phone or tablet to automatically record, clip, and save each video with data overlay.
- OPTIMIZE: Save and compare data over time to track your progress. Your videos and data are captured and stored automatically, allowing you to review each session, share with your coach, and analyze your progress over time.
- PRACTICE WITH PURPOSE with this LIGHTWEIGHT and PORTABLE 3D Doppler radar based launch monitor.
- Light in weight.
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 4 hrs.
- Clips and stores the video clips automatically.
- Measures real-time performance data.
- Available at an affordable price range.
- It gives inconsistent results when metallic dots are absent.
- May not give accurate results.
- Not durable.
The Mevo is available at a reasonable price range, making it the most affordable launch monitor for beginners and even those on a limited budget. This unit uses a Li-Polymer rechargeable battery type that runs for about four hours after each recharge.
VOICE CADDIE’S SWING CADDIE SC300 LAUNCH MONITOR
Searching for a good quality launch monitor that’s portable? Voice Caddie has made this possible by introducing its Swing Caddie SC300 model, which is suitable for golfers of all levels.
This gadget utilizes the Doppler radar Technology and calibrates with the atmospheric pressure sensors to provide precise data.
Giving a lot at a reasonable price range, this outstanding tech can compete with the other professional launch monitors.
This launch monitor has a voice output option that reads aloud each of your data points after every shot, making it easier for improvements.
To further enhance user convenience, you can operate the unit using the remote control system.
Voice Caddie SC300 displays the total height or apex readings of each shot. This figure helps you decide if you need to play using a new ball or another club or whether you need to change your swing to hit it high.
If your ball flight is too low, you may not hold too many greens.
This golf ball launch monitor comes with a rechargeable Li-Polymer battery that lasts for around 12 hours after each recharge.
If you are an advanced player or have been practicing for some time, this launch monitor would be the perfect option for you.
Voice Caddie SC300 Launch Monitor offers extra statistics when compared to its predecessor model, the Swing Caddie SC200 Plus, by tracking the following parameters: Ball Speed, Launch Angle, Total or Carry Distance, Apex -the max height of the ball flight, Swing Speed, and Smash Factor.
Voice Caddie SC300 Launch Monitor Package includes: SC300 Portable Launch Monitor, USB Cable, SC300 Remote Control, User Manual, and USB Cover.
- Measures » Carry/Total Distance » Smash Factor » Launch Angle » Swing Speed » Apex (Max Height) » Ball Speed
- Doppler Radar Technology
- Voice Output of Distance; Measuring Range: 15-370 Yards
- Instant Feedback via LCD Display
- Adjustable Loft Angles
- Apps (iOS Available, Android- Available in June 2019) for Real-time/Integrated Shot Data and Statistics for Each Club
- Remote/USB Cable/USB Cover/User Manual
- Display screen results are easier to read.
- Available at a reasonable cost.
- Displays a sleek and neat design.
- Provides every detail of your ball trajectory.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Lacks options for choosing lob wedge.
- Too much data may confuse beginners.
The SC300 can be easily connected to your tablet or smart gadget using a Bluetooth connection. This enables golf enthusiasts to monitor the real-time data of their golfing skills. Additionally, the SC300 uses an app that’s compatible with both iOS and Android platforms.
ERNEST SPORTS ES14 LAUNCH MONITOR
Ernest Sports ES14 unit will help you improve your golf game to the next level by accessing the technology that professionals use.
This launch monitor is available in two classic shades of white and black when it comes to appearance. It has a dimension of 5.5” width, 8.25” height, and 1.85” depth and weighs around 2 pounds.
This monitor has the ability to analyze every aspect of your performance, compared with other personal launch monitors, using numerous statistical data points.
If you connect the Ernest Sports App and the monitor, you will be able to analyze your shots better using features like club averages, skills challenge, and audible feedback.
ES14 can be easily connected to your smart gadgets using a Bluetooth connection and is compatible with both iOS, Windows, and Android devices. It comes with a standard 9v battery that has a battery life of 14 hours.
Ernest Sports ES14 makes use of the Doppler radar Technology to monitor various metrics and shows them on a clear LCD screen immediately.
Using the free Ernest Sports app, you get visual feedback and the audio data feedback of each shot you make. Due to the audio feedback, you don’t have to keep going to the simulator to check your results after each shot.
Ernest Sports ES14 Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters:Launch Angle, Total Distance, Spin Rate, Ball Speed, Smash Factor, and Club Speed.
Ernest Sports ES14 Launch Monitor Package includes: ES14 Pro Launch Monitor, Activation Code, Carry Pouch, 9V Battery, and ES14 User Guide.
- Ernest Sports revolutionizes the game with a great new tool for teaching professionals, club fitters and serious golfers
- The ES14 delivers critical data instantly – easily and affordably
- The unit offers a wide range of statistical information including club speed, launch angle, ball speed, Smash factor, spin rate & distance
- Free ES14 App ( iOS and Android) stores shot details, club averages, audio feedback, and email data
- Easy to set up even for the technically challenged players.
- It helps you enhance your club fitting experience
- Last for long and is made using good quality components.
- The price tag is affordable, making it the perfect option for beginners.
- Will not monitor the horizontal launch angle.
- Not resistant to outdoor weather conditions.
- Does not have multiple or single-playe simulation.
ES14 launch monitor works great for those who wish to play both indoors and outdoors. These units give additional accurate information when playing indoors. So if you are a player who prefers to practice more indoors, this is the perfect launch monitor for home. As it’s light in weight, you can take it along with you to play anywhere you like.
SWING CADDIE SC200 PLUS LAUNCH MONITOR
Do you spend more time practicing your favorite game and wish to get feedback to improve your skills? Swing Caddie SC200 Plus has excellent features that allow you to track your shots with precision.
This model is an upgraded version of the original SC200 monitor and comes with an added practice swing mode. By using the practice swing mode, golf enthusiasts can analyze their swing speed numbers without even hitting the ball.
This will enable the players to boost their club head speed even if they lack a hitting net or driving range.
The SC200 Plus uses the Doppler Radar Technology and calibrates it with the atmospheric pressure sensors to give incredible accuracy.
This gadget is apt for practicing as the Voice output integration of distance enhances convenience for golfers.
The SC200 is a compact, pocket-sized unit making it portable to carry it around. It helps you to measure your ball swings and provides instant feedback.
The package comes with a remote control that allows you to change the club you are using without making any monitor adjustments.
The ball metrics appear on a clear 4” display screen, and the data is easy to analyze and understand. The gadget dials your club at precise distances enabling you to set a specific range for your clubs. This will help you to play more precisely and gain low scores.
Voice Caddie SC200 Plus Launch Monitor tracks the following parameters: Swing Speed, Carry Distance, Smash Factor, and Ball Speed.
Voice Caddie SC200 Plus Launch Monitor Package includes: SC200 Plus Launch Monitor, SC200 Plus Instruction Manual, Remote Control, and Doppler radar sensor.
- Portable Launch Monitor
- New Feature: Practice Swing Mode which you can measure and practice swing speed without hitting the ball
- Loft Angle Selectable
- Voice Distance Output
- Barometric Pressure Calibration. Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed, Smash Factor. Measuring Range: 30-320 Yds. Battery Type: AAA x 4.Color: Gray. Package Content: SC200 Plus, Remote Control and Manual
- Provides uncompromised and incredible accuracy.
- Comes at an affordable price range.
- It has an operating temperature that ranges from 14 – 122°F.
- It has 3 swing modes, which include random, target, and practice.
- Does not monitor the launch angles and spin rates.
- Does not provide top-end data.
- Has only a basic design.
The SC200 Plus is an awesome launch monitor for the money! It will give you all the benefits of an incredible launch monitor without having to break your bank. When it comes to the setup process, it’s very quick and simple. All you have to do is switch on the unit, wait for some time to let it calibrate, and then you can start hitting your balls.
Top Of The Line Golf Launch Monitors Buying Guide For 2022-2023
How Does A Golf Launch Monitor Work?
A golf launch monitor is a piece of technology that measures and evaluates several things related to a golf club and the ball.
They were initially invented by the US military to test various weapons technology.
For years, most golfers relied on their naked eye, guesses, or the courses’ markers to determine how far they hit the ball. Today, however, a new generation of golfers use launch monitors to precisely measure their distance, speed, and trajectory.
However, how they work is another matter. Let us explore the two types of technology available: Doppler and photometric.
How a Launch Monitor can Improve your Game:
Too many players guess when it comes to what they are doing wrong in their swing. A launch monitor provides the cold hard truth about your flaws.
With units such as the Uneekor QED, you can see your exact swing path and club angle through the ball. And by knowing some golf basics such as that an out to in club path combined with an open clubface causes a slice, you’ll be able to easily diagnose problems in your swing.
Launch monitors can provide insights into all types of ball flight issues such as hitting it too high or low, pulls and pushes, slices and hooks, or finding the optimal spin rate to hit the ball further.
Aside from helping to diagnose problems in your swing, launch monitors do a lot more to help your golf game. They help you to know your exact carry and total distance numbers with each club. And can tell you miss tendencies allowing you to make better decisions on the course.
They can help you decide your optimal bag make-up and are great if you like to tinker with different clubs. A launch monitor will also do a great job of helping you to benchmark your progress.
Are your shot dispersions getting tighter? Is your ball flight more consistent across a range session? They provide concrete goals that you can work towards and make practice sessions a lot more productive.
Radar vs Photographic Technology – Which is better?
The two most common technologies in launch monitors are radar and photometric. Radar units use doppler radar to track the ball as it flies through the air.
While photometric systems use high-speed cameras that analyze the ball at impact. In general, both are extremely well tested and reliable. But there are some slight advantages to each. Which are:
- Photometric is often best suited indoors
- Radar is often best suited outdoors
Photometric launch monitors are usually better for indoor use for two reasons. One, they are placed directly in front of the ball perpendicular to the target line.
Radar launch monitors are usually placed between 6′-8′ behind you in-line with your target. Because of this, you need more space to use a radar-based launch monitor. Which you simply don’t always have indoors.
Secondly, radar is just better suited in general at tracking the ball outdoors.
Since photometric launch monitors are literally taking photos of the ball at impact, things such as direct sunlight can impede the photos and cause less consistent readings.
This is not the case with every photometric launch monitor. But in general, if you are going to be using a unit exclusively outdoors then a radar-based unit is a safe bet.
What Is The Best Golf Launch Monitor For Me?
After reading several golf reviews online, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Some launch monitors are portable, and others aren’t. Some will store data for up to 20 individual users, while others are designed to store data for up to five.
Some golf launch monitors allow for multiple types of ball, while others can only be used with one type. The amount of information you need to look for when choosing a golf launch monitor may seem overwhelming, but it’s important to know what you’re looking for before you set out to buy one.
The best golf launch monitor for you is the one that fits your budget and needs. Keep in mind that a high-quality golf launch monitor that will give you good readings shouldn’t cost more than five hundred dollars.
If you want to spend more, there are some great items on the market, but an average launch monitor will do the trick for most casual golfers.
A launch monitor can give critical information about your swing. It has two primary purposes: accurately determine the clubhead speed, the golf ball speed for each shot taken and provide a continuous visual display of swing data.
The first purpose is helpful for golfers who are serious about improving their game, as these numbers can help determine if a club is appropriate for the player. The second purpose can help golfers analyze swing mechanics and adjust them to reduce/increase clubhead speed and/or ball speed.
Why Are Golf Launch Monitors So Expensive?
Golf Launch Monitors have only been around for a few years, but they have quickly become the most popular choice for golfers who want to be able to practice their golf swing indoors.
Golf launch monitors are far more than just yardage and handicap calculators. There are today some incredibly complex devices, with high-speed cameras, precise sensors, and powerful computers.
Those high-tech parts don’t come cheap. The majority of launch monitors are made to precise specifications, which then drive up the price.
Golf Launch Monitors use expensive components. For example, a high-speed camera capable of capturing the ball at 60 frames per second.
They also need accurate sensors to detect clubhead speed, launch angle, and ball speed. All of these sensors are sold at a high price.
Another reason why launch monitors are so expensive is popularity and demand, as they are essential pieces of equipment in any serious golfer’s arsenal.
Also, many golf instructors use launch monitors to get the necessary data to improve their students’ techniques. It does not take much to understand why these devices are so popular and in demand.
What Launch Monitor Do The Pros Use?
Here is a list of the top golf launch monitors used by the top players in the world.
Foresight Sports GC2 Launch Monitor:
Foresight Sports is quite popular among professionals when it comes to instruction and teaching sessions. Most of the top instructor’s such ass Martin Hall, Butch Harmon, and Michael Breed use it. Ricke Fowler is another huge supporter of GC2 and has this unit set up in his house.
Trackman Launch Monitor:
Most of the professionals use Trackman as a launch monitor instead of using it as a golf simulator. Professionals like Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Francesco Molinari, Sergio Garcia, Justin Thomas, and Jason Day use it. Trackman was also used during the 2019 US Open tournament.
Ernest Sports Launch Monitor:
Ben Crane uses Ernest Sports ES14 for playing and practicing during the offseason. This unit is also popular among club professionals, coaches, and PGA Professionals.
Full Swing Golf Launch Monitor:
Professionals like Justin Rose, Jason Day, Jordan Speith, Tiger, Jim Furyk, and Brandt Snedecker have Full Swing Golf launch monitors set up in their house. This is the best launch monitor for those looking for in-home setups.
Is There A Launch Monitor App That Can Be Used On The Phone Only?
Bridgestone’s B-FIT was the first launch monitor app that does not need an expensive launch monitor to track your ball swings. All you need is your iPhone to get the data while playing the game.
Bridgestone BFIT app uses your iOS device as a virtual launch monitor to track the launch angle, club head speed, distance, and ball speed.
Over the past 5 years, Bridgestone has analyzed over 2 million ball swings and completed over 350,000 ball fittings to develop the BFIT app.
Android users need not wait much longer, as an Android version will soon be released into the market.
Golfing is all about practice and precision. By using a golf launch monitor, you will be able to improve the trajectory of your ball.
Once you take golfing seriously, the launch monitor becomes an essential accessory. Our best choice goes to SkyTrak Launch Monitor. This is mainly due to its commercial-grade accuracy level, which enables you to improve your game.
This unit also provides visual feedback on your ball flight and launch data. Also, you get to save your previous games’ data, which allows you to monitor your progress.
The package comes with a rechargeable battery that you can use continuously for five hours. Moreover, the unit is compatible with both iOS and Android platforms. Among the numerous choices, consider picking the best monitor that suits your requirements.
Thanks for taking the time to read my Top Of The Line Golf Launch Monitors Review Plus Buying Guide For 2022-2023.
- Best Shop Air Compressors Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Arctic Grayling Fishing Lures Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Golf Swing Speed Radars And Analyzer For Performance Tracking Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best GPS Watches For Hunting Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Best Fishing Tide Watches Review Guide For 2022-2023
- Amazon Deals
- Amazon's Choice
- Amazons Best Sellers
- Expired Deals
- Health & Fitness
- Hot Tubs & Spars
- Lawn Care
- Outdoor Equipment & Sports
- Outdoor Furniture
- Pool Safety
- Special Deals
- Sports Apparel
- Swimming Pools & Accessories
- Tools & Auto
- UnderGround Stuff
- Women's Apparel